Reclaim bank charges!

leeslover

This one has been in the media recently, but for those who missed it or haven't gotten round to it, it's really easy, risk free and boy does it feel good.

Basically a recent High Court judgement ruled that banks, credit card firms etc are breaking the law by charging you £20-40 per time you go overdrawn, fail a payment, make a late payment or whatever. So they have to give it back to you, going back 6 years!

The banks aren't contesting them, they are just processing the claims, sometimes making a cheeky offer, but basically paying out. It cost me a fiver for Natwest to send 6 years worth of statements out, 15 minutes to go though them and a couple to stick my details in the template letter. It's suprising how much the gits have had off me when I've had a tight month, got the finances wrong and the matter of a day or so makes half your monthly bills go pear shaped.

Found out today, its all on the way back to me. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just keep a copy of everything and spend a pound or two on sending it registered to your bank's customer relations people. Happy hunting!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6170209.stm

This one has been in the media recently, but for those who missed it or haven't gotten round to it, it's really easy, risk free and boy does it feel good.

Basically a recent High Court judgement ruled that banks, credit card firms etc are breaking the law by charging you £20-40 per time you go overdrawn, fail a payment, make a late payment or whatever. So they have to give it back to you, going back 6 years!

The banks aren't contesting them, they are just processing the claims, sometimes making a cheeky offer, but basically paying out. It cost me a fiver for Natwest to send 6 years worth of statements out, 15 minutes to go though them and a couple to stick my details in the template letter. It's suprising how much the gits have had off me when I've had a tight month, got the finances wrong and the matter of a day or so makes half your monthly bills go pear shaped.

Just keep a copy of everything and spend a pound or two on sending it registered to your bank's customer relations people. Happy hunting!

So overly organised and anal am I, there is nothing for me to claim back! :shock::shy::angel:

:D

So overly organised and anal am I, there is nothing for me to claim back! :shock::shy::angel:

:D

See, that's your Protestant upbringing - do nowt much wrong, just go along on the level.

As a Catholic, I have enjoyed sinning :drinking66: , and now feel fantastic when the slate is wiped clean. Not even a couple of Hail Marys! :cardinal:

See, that's your Protestant upbringing - do nowt much wrong, just go along on the level.

As a Catholic, I have enjoyed sinning :drinking66: , and now feel fantastic when the slate is wiped clean. Not even a couple of Hail Marys! :cardinal:

Im an athiest and im as dodgy as a street trader selling dodgy t-shirts!

But you know what they say.

"Atheism, is a non prophet organisation!"

xxxxxx

However, within the confines of my Atheism, I accept the absolute supremacy of His Holyness the Pope, and I request hundreds of hours of excruciating torture to purge my soul of it's evil nature. Including the comfy cushions.

Edited by leeslover
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! - LL

Just got home and i've got a mail in my inbox from summat called CONKERS about this very thing,even offering to pay my bank for the copy statements for me.

Sounds very sus :unsure:

Won't be playin'.

Just got home and i've got a mail in my inbox from summat called CONKERS about this very thing,even offering to pay my bank for the copy statements for me.

Sounds very sus :unsure:

Won't be playin'.

Yeah, some firms are taking it as a no win no pay, but all you need to do is fill your name and bank details on the templets letter and post it, so it's a waste of money.

In the process of doing this myself

they have about 18 days left before i send the next stage letter

all good fun!

Everyone at my work is doing it - I think the key is not to get stressed if they don't reply in time, one phone call to see what they are up to then onto the next stage. It isn't like you are making a complaint at service, you are demanding money with the High Court behind you. Strike ! for the little guy!

A few banks have cocked up and missed a few cases, and had the Bailiffs in their branches or Head Office :laught16::deal:

Everyone at my work is doing it - I think the key is not to get stressed if they don't reply in time, one phone call to see what they are up to then onto the next stage. It isn't like you are making a complaint at service, you are demanding money with the High Court behind you. Strike ! for the little guy!

A few banks have cocked up and missed a few cases, and had the Bailiffs in their branches or Head Office :laught16::deal:

i know its great

on one website i have been on there is even a "league table" showing who has paid out the most to date!

and the bank who has paid most out to date is also the one which is featuring in a new expose on the tele in the next few days!!