TRUE OR FALSE?

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

I have seen a rumour and i dont know where this person got it from but they have me refreshing the official site every two minutes.

Any truth in it?

Be great if we could sign Killer!!

Guest sheridans_world

Yes but there is a poster on 606 who thinks that he may have been the cancer of the dressing room, saying too much and all and wouldnt welcome him back.

We know he was a good player when he was at latics, we hardly ever know what goes on behind closed doors...could be some truth in the rumour too.

A permanent deal if we go up? I am sure that if Kilkenny isnt the nicest in the dressing room that Shez will show him the door...

Id jump for joy if it was true, could you see him joining us on a permanent deal if we went up ??

there has been a big turnover in players since he was last here so maybe there wouldn't be animosity.

Wellens, Warne, Greegs, Charlton,edwards, Rocky, Gary Mac, Young have all come in. Youngsters like Taylor and Eards weren't part of the set up really. Porter neither.

there has been a big turnover in players since he was last here so maybe there wouldn't be animosity.

Wellens, Warne, Greegs, Charlton,edwards, Rocky, Gary Mac, Young have all come in. Youngsters like Taylor and Eards weren't part of the set up really. Porter neither.

Yep, its a totally different team, also, I fel all he showed was a bit of confidence and skill, and in that old side that was probably considered arragance... the current side believe in thier own ability - so 'Kenny should fit in fine....

Where did I get it from SW... my Source at BP saw him heading into the ground.... first time the Cat Flap had been used in years!

he definitly has the talent to play at championship level. i would love it to be true especially as wellens may not be with us next season and he would be a superb replacement. but if i only take the rest of this season into account then i would of thought other areas of the team would take priority. still i'll be delighted if he is the 2nd player their on about!

Where do you see as being more important for the end of this season?

My personal opinion would be someone like 'kenny who can push on through the middle and take some of the attacking pressure of the wide men... if you have more of a pushing on threat from the middle it makes it harder for teams to double up on Taylor and Wellens as they do at the moment and I think someone like him is the thing we need to take us on to the end of the season.

If this Miki fella gives us cover at the back, and we extend Clarke to the end of the year I think someone like 'kenny would complete that and give us depth in all the key areas.

i was taking the fact that miki plays either defence or midfield so i would of thought shez was trying to get a bit of cover in for both areas with this signing, and then maybe look to bring in another player who will offer something in another posistion. but untill its announced i dont have a clue who this other player maybe so its all guesses at the moment.

I think KK would open up lots of options... at this level he can play anywhere accross the midfield...

Primarily though, he is an indentikit replacement for wellens - someone who cna create in the midfield... and would act as a great attacking option, playing alongside richie, or just behind the front two... or obviously as a stand in if (when!) he gets suspended...

Could also play on either wing (mainly right) meaning Lids or Taylor could play upfront (or again just behind) and we could mix up the attack a little... adding an attacking midfielder ultimately gives us 3 new striking options..

Both KK and the spaniard would also offer the powerful option of a 5 man midfield - not a bad option to sure things up in the playoffs???

We also need defensive cover, and i'm sure this kid is good enough to play at left back if needed...

Looks as if shez is looking to bring in versatility - a prime asset at this stage of the season...

bring it on...

I think KK would open up lots of options... at this level he can play anywhere accross the midfield...

Primarily though, he is an indentikit replacement for wellens - someone who cna create in the midfield... and would act as a great attacking option, playing alongside richie, or just behind the front two... or obviously as a stand in if (when!) he gets suspended...

Could also play on either wing (mainly right) meaning Lids or Taylor could play upfront (or again just behind) and we could mix up the attack a little... adding an attacking midfielder ultimately gives us 3 new striking options..

Both KK and the spaniard would also offer the powerful option of a 5 man midfield - not a bad option to sure things up in the playoffs???

We also need defensive cover, and i'm sure this kid is good enough to play at left back if needed...

Looks as if shez is looking to bring in versatility - a prime asset at this stage of the season...

bring it on...

Good point, well made!

Couldn't agree more.

At this stage having so many options with a small squad could prove vital!

NK would be an awful signing in my opinion.

Team spirit is good at BP right now, even taking the dip in confidence after some recent bad results into consideration.

They don't need a jumped up kid who thinks he has Billys rather large testes filling his shorts back again.

Good player he certainly was, but in the second half of his tenure here I thought he just wanted to do it all on his own and thought he was better than us. I have also heard from a former player that he was a bit cancerous in the dressing room. I bet he spells team as teIm, with a capital 'I'.

Another thing to add to this argument would be giving the option of NK back or Wellens signing again?

It is no secret that RW has said he is weighing up his options and he is a moody player doubtlessly. Seeing a kid trying to step into his size nines would certainly put his nose out of joint.

I would have Wellens any day over Kilkenny.

Not been too prolific since breaking through at Brum either dropped a division but still not catching after his infrequent forays into the first team in the relegation season, don't live in the past, he could have shot his wad already.

Now, if we were offered Crofty back again.......

KtF,

Derek.

Team spirit is good at BP right now, even taking the dip in confidence after some recent bad results into consideration.

They don't need a jumped up kid who thinks he has Billys rather large testes filling his shorts back again.

Good player he certainly was, but in the second half of his tenure here I thought he just wanted to do it all on his own and thought he was better than us. I have also heard from a former player that he was a bit cancerous in the dressing room. I bet he spells team as teIm, with a capital 'I'.

Another thing to add to this argument would be giving the option of NK back or Wellens signing again?

It is no secret that RW has said he is weighing up his options and he is a moody player doubtlessly. Seeing a kid trying to step into his size nines would certainly put his nose out of joint.

I would have Wellens any day over Kilkenny.

Not been too prolific since breaking through at Brum either dropped a division but still not catching after his infrequent forays into the first team in the relegation season, don't live in the past, he could have shot his wad already.

KtF,

Derek.

Was going to say similar myself. Kilkenny was an overrated arrogant gob:censored:e.

IMO.

If it is true, I hope he has changed, and can prove me wrong (it has happened a couple of times :wink:).

I suspected that Kilkenny was the apple of Talbot's eye, the one who always wanted to get it down and play - and he became the mini-Talbot on the pitch, shouting orders at over-paid over-egoed, "senior pros," many of who were in reality a bit gash. Maybe age has taught him humility, but he'd be eaten alive if he came into the current dressing room with that attitude.

Now that would be too good to be true!

Not arsed about Kilkenny. Wellens for me.

When Wellens picks up that next suspension, Mik will come in for him. Job done. Gary Mac might get his finger out now too.

"Mini-Talbot" wasn't meant to be 100% a compliment :wink:

Crofty - I can't speak for how he's developed, but I'm not sure he'd make my current first 11 based on how he played for us back in the day. I realise this will be contentious for the Not Andy Liddell folks, but it's about end product - Croft was a bright spark at a dismal time but he didn't really create all that many goals from crosses for all the times he beat his man. I think at comparable points in their career Taylor has more in his game, certainly better at beating a man and running with the ball. One for the stattos here, I'm going to have a punt that Taylor has made as assists with his left foot this season as Croft did with his right*

*I didn't see any of the games straight after we got the loanees in and we panned everyone by 4 goals...

"Mini-Talbot" wasn't meant to be 100% a compliment :wink:

Crofty - I can't speak for how he's developed, but I'm not sure he'd make my current first 11 based on how he played for us back in the day. I realise this will be contentious for the Not Andy Liddell folks, but it's about end product - Croft was a bright spark at a dismal time but he didn't really create all that many goals from crosses for all the times he beat his man. I think at comparable points in their career Taylor has more in his game, certainly better at beating a man and running with the ball. One for the stattos here, I'm going to have a punt that Taylor has made as assists with his left foot this season as Croft did with his right*

*I didn't see any of the games straight after we got the loanees in and we panned everyone by 4 goals...

Obviously you didn't see Crofty play very much at all LL.

Be it directly or indirectly, he assisted in a hell of a lot of goals for that rag tag team we had then. A far far better signing than Kilkenny IMO.

Given the chance to get him back (which in reality is nil as he is catching almost every week at Norwich and the blue tinted specs brigade fawning over a decent four or five games for Taylor who in comparision is not even in the same league - so much still to learn) I would give my right arm for it, and not at the expense of the oft critisised Liddell.

I think given the respective ages of Lids and Warne they could do a decent swap and change role, let Warney take the legs out of the defenders for an hour and Lids benefit as a striker for the last 30 minutes of a game playing off either Clarke or Ports. Lids has proven quality at a level above us as a striker, if we can't or don't get another front man in there is not much to lose giving him a run at the apex of the team imo.

KtF,

Derek.

Obviously you didn't see Crofty play very much at all LL.

Be it directly or indirectly, he assisted in a hell of a lot of goals for that rag tag team we had then. A far far better signing than Kilkenny IMO.

Given the chance to get him back (which in reality is nil as he is catching almost every week at Norwich and the blue tinted specs brigade fawning over a decent four or five games for Taylor who in comparision is not even in the same league - so much still to learn) I would give my right arm for it, and not at the expense of the oft critisised Liddell.

I think given the respective ages of Lids and Warne they could do a decent swap and change role, let Warney take the legs out of the defenders for an hour and Lids benefit as a striker for the last 30 minutes of a game playing off either Clarke or Ports. Lids has proven quality at a level above us as a striker, if we can't or don't get another front man in there is not much to lose giving him a run at the apex of the team imo.

KtF,

Derek.

No arguments that Croft was better for us than KK, the latter seemed lost in the later games I saw whilst Croft got stronger the more he was with us - I was debating whether the Croft of those days would replace Taylor or Liddell now. Granted Croft created a lot indirectly by running the full back all game, but as much as Taylor? Taylor has had the beating of 2 men a few times this season, god knows how many goals that has helped Liddell and Wellens create. I would love to see the assist stats, mainly because I think Taylor acyually creates more than he's given credit for, albeit because he doesn't set up that many for the number of opportunities he creates.

We can add goal ratios into the mix as well.

No arguments that Croft was better for us than KK, the latter seemed lost in the later games I saw whilst Croft got stronger the more he was with us - I was debating whether the Croft of those days would replace Taylor or Liddell now. Granted Croft created a lot indirectly by running the full back all game, but as much as Taylor? Taylor has had the beating of 2 men a few times this season, god knows how many goals that has helped Liddell and Wellens create. I would love to see the assist stats, mainly because I think Taylor acyually creates more than he's given credit for, albeit because he doesn't set up that many for the number of opportunities he creates.

We can add goal ratios into the mix as well.

I think Taylor is a decent player for his age but he has so many flaws to his game to detract from the good things he brings to the table.

For me a winger should play with chalk on his boots and hug the touchline, thus making space for the midfield players by stretching the game to its maximum width. That is the one of the two things that infuriates me about Taylor, though to give him the benefit of the doubt he is playing on the 'wrong' side.

So many times he goes inside and gets into the spaces where Wellens and Maca or Rocky should be bursting into, but it narrows our game and it leaves an obviously tiring, and at times struggling, Charlton a little over exposed to being picked off should we lose the ball.

Crofty loved the touchline, every chance he got he would go outside his man rather than cutting back into the middle.

Another thing is that Croft could actually cross a ball with accuracy, Taylor is a hit and hope merchant at the minute.

I am not getting at the lad, he certainly has all the enthusiasm in the world and a fair amount of talent to back it up, but he has a long way to go until he is anywhere near being a creative player in the mould of a Lee Croft.

Maybe it is just me and my ideas of what a winger should be, but if it doesn't take the youth team lads an hour to scrape the chalk of his boots, well he hasn't been doing his job properly.

KtF,

Derek.

Guest sheridans_world

Anti-taylor brigade KtF.

You need to see past the fact that we have had fantastic players there in the past and actually see that this lad is 18 and playing to the standard he is. He has another ten years before he reaches his peak. When he gets onto his strongest side or (according to BFL) starts playing behind the front two he will mature alot more.

Give the lad a break, he is still in primary school as far as the professional game is concerned.

I've said it before but I think Taylor is playing on the correct side, for now at least. I'm sure he has created at least 3 goals from left foot crosses - not spectacular by any means, but it's the fear of him going outside that causes so much trouble for the full back. It didn't matter so much when he was scared of scoring himself, which is the other part of the deal, but that seems to be sorted now. There's no denying that Charlton can't keep up with him, but what's the solution, play a slower left winger? There's not so many wingers these days who don't have at least a token threat of cutting inside - I don't think Eyres was born with his right footed cross, but he had one. Blame Fat Sam et al for organising defences and playing percentages but most goals come from play in front of the net.

Guest sheridans_world

Ah Eyresie.

Taylor should grow into a better player. I dont know about him being on the correct side or not. No doubts about his skill and pace on the wing but these left foot crosses come in use against a right footed right back too. What stops him from taking it outside or inside on the right wing?

I am glad he has broken the curse i think it took him a little too long but never the less. Since his first goal his record has been phenominal! 4 in 3 games. Keeps popping up. I hope it continues and at the end of the season i can type 'What a scoring record 13 in 11 games' Or something to that effect.

Do you mean this fella DW.

busterkkhv7.jpg

Agree with Crofty though, have him back and in the team like a shot if we could.