TRUE OR FALSE?

Guest sheridans_world

Guest oa_exile

First of all :laught16:

:applause1:busterkkhv7.jpg:laught30:

OK , now that is out of my system :grin:

Agree with Crofty though, have him back and in the team like a shot if we could

100% spot on ! , best loanie we have had at BP for many a year ..........hence the price tag to Norwich :wink:

No arguments that Croft was better for us than KK, the latter seemed lost in the later games I saw whilst Croft got stronger the more he was with us - I was debating whether the Croft of those days would replace Taylor or Liddell now. Granted Croft created a lot indirectly by running the full back all game, but as much as Taylor? Taylor has had the beating of 2 men a few times this season, god knows how many goals that has helped Liddell and Wellens create. I would love to see the assist stats, mainly because I think Taylor acyually creates more than he's given credit for, albeit because he doesn't set up that many for the number of opportunities he creates.

We can add goal ratios into the mix as well.

When Croft was in our team though, the opposition didn't have many other players to worry about. He was a cut above at this level. If he was offered, I snap him straight up.

I have to butt in here. I think you're all being rather harsh on Killkenny. Don't know if everyone has short memories but i remember on the last day of the season, when Luke Becketts goal helped keep us in league one, Killer got a standing ovation from all corners of the ground and Beckett got hardly a murmur. I felt a bit sorry for Luke and to this day i think it could have been one of the reasons he chose to sign for Huddersfield......

My point is Killer was revered and its only now he's gone that people see fit to slag him off. I personally didnt think Crofty was better than him either. Thing is, the man in the 'engine room ' never takes the plaudits, its always the man supplying the crosses or scoring the goals. Take ManUre for instance. Keane bossed the midfield and they didnt look as good without him - even now they still talk about him and say they havent found a proper replacement - yet the Giggs' Beckhams and forwards were the ones who got the headlines..... Killkenny held the show together so the likes of Crofty and Beckett and whichever forwards we were playing with could get their chances. I think we should take time to remember and respect that.....

Anyway, thats me off the soabox!!!! COME ON YOU TANGERINE TERRORS!!!!!!!!!

I have to butt in here. I think you're all being rather harsh on Killkenny. Don't know if everyone has short memories but i remember on the last day of the season, when Luke Becketts goal helped keep us in league one, Killer got a standing ovation from all corners of the ground and Beckett got hardly a murmur. I felt a bit sorry for Luke and to this day i think it could have been one of the reasons he chose to sign for Huddersfield......

My point is Killer was revered and its only now he's gone that people see fit to slag him off. I personally didnt think Crofty was better than him either. Thing is, the man in the 'engine room ' never takes the plaudits, its always the man supplying the crosses or scoring the goals. Take ManUre for instance. Keane bossed the midfield and they didnt look as good without him - even now they still talk about him and say they havent found a proper replacement - yet the Giggs' Beckhams and forwards were the ones who got the headlines..... Killkenny held the show together so the likes of Crofty and Beckett and whichever forwards we were playing with could get their chances. I think we should take time to remember and respect that.....

Anyway, thats me off the soabox!!!! COME ON YOU TANGERINE TERRORS!!!!!!!!!

Agree with you totally Bluejazzer - I remember two things from that game - going absolutely bezerk when beckett scored, and clapping my hands harder than I have ever done before for Kilkenny... I for one think he made a far bigger contribution than Croft that season.... Croft was a cut above instandard, but was lazy, and some games drifted away... Killer gave his all every game, couldnt give a damn if he was an arrogant little twit... his drive and beckett's goals kept us in the division - in the process depriving Talbot of his wish for us to go down...

Secondly - I cant belive there are a couple of negative comments on taylor above, he has been brilliant this season, raw, and makes mistakes, but he wears his blue heart on his sleeve, and that is good enough for me.... he will technically improve, and this kid will be captain of Latics in 5-10 years... He is oldham through and through... also - as SW hinted above... i think he is growing into the role now that suits him best - either behind the front two, or as a second striker.... he reminds me so much of Ryan Giggs (please with the obvious quality difference)... he runs at people and gets defenders to commit... and as Giggsy has done... i'm sure will find a role up front... he just needs the technical things that will come in time...

Chrissy Taylor - The Ginger prince, Hero, and future Latics captain!

clapping my hands harder than I have ever done before for Kilkenny... I for one think he made a far bigger contribution than Croft that season.... Croft was a cut above instandard, but was lazy, and some games drifted away... Killer gave his all every game,

So Crofty drifted in games and "Killer" his all every game.

Ok if youse chaps think so but you must have been at differnt games to me then :wink: , as they say its all about opinions.

I thought both Croft and Kilkenny where both great players for us and both had very successful loan spells at BP.

It is difficult to compare them and their relative worth to Latics, they both did a cracking job for us in very differing roles.

One thing is for sure I'd have both of them back in a jiffy given half a chance, I think they would both still do a job for us right now.

Kilkenny spent too much time arguing with the referee rather than knuckling down and chasing the ball back. Great player but I cant help think the talent is wasted a little.

Crofty, he is definately the type of winger we want. Dont get me wrong, Liddell has done great for us so far this season but Imagine Taylor and Crofty running at defences putting the ball in the box. Thats exciting football to me.

My point is Killer was revered and its only now he's gone that people see fit to slag him off..... Killkenny held the show together so the likes of Crofty and Beckett and whichever forwards we were playing with could get their chances. I think we should take time to remember and respect that.....

All about opinions, BJ.

I didn't revere Kilkenny, and also slagged him off when he was here.

I felt a bit sorry for Luke and to this day i think it could have been one of the reasons he chose to sign for Huddersfield......

Eh?

He came on loan to us for a year the next season.

He didn't join us at the start of this season because Shez didn't want him.

Croft was a cut above instandard, but was lazy, and some games drifted away.

:grin:

Lazy.

Course he was. Couldn't be arsed could he.

We must have plenty of bone idle players now then because he'd be in this team we have now , no problem.