Private Ackey

Ackey

1. There's nothing to be scared of.

2. Trust me by the time they have done with you 20 mins would be nothing.

3. Who mentioned Army. Your degree is in computers? The RAF would bust a gut to get you.

4. It's secure employment with excellent pay and prospects.

5. I sound like a recruitment bod don't I?

1. There's nothing to be scared of.

2. Trust me by the time they have done with you 20 mins would be nothing.

3. Who mentioned Army. Your degree is in computers? The RAF would bust a gut to get you.

4. It's secure employment with excellent pay and prospects.

5. I sound like a recruitment bod don't I?

5. Yes, you do.

I'm certain I could cope with the lifestyle up to a point. I just couldn't handle the thought of being called up. I wish I could say I could, but I'm an honest person and I honestly couldn't go to Iraq or Afghanistan.

If there's a box you can check which means you don't have to go to war I'll think about it!

5. Yes, you do.

I'm certain I could cope with the lifestyle up to a point. I just couldn't handle the thought of being called up. I wish I could say I could, but I'm an honest person and I honestly couldn't go to Iraq or Afghanistan.

If there's a box you can check which means you don't have to go to war I'll think about it!

There is. They're called REMF's, my mate works for the MoD and he goes to The Falklands, Cyprus, Germany, and all the rest of it. Sure he has to go to Iraq and Afghanistan, but he doesn't see further than "Las Vegas" or whatever they call the rear logistics - he don't get to do forward ops that much. Life of Riley he's got, paid well too...

My other mate is attached to the Paras and he loves getting stuck in; he gets the top jobs if you know what I mean - plus he'll go far too, again if you know what I mean...

5. Yes, you do.

remember that the RAF is the ONLY service that sends its officers to war!!

1st gulf war.... fast jet groundcrew stayed in 5* hotels in various parts of saudi /bharain

look at that the tv programmes on at the moment... most people will stay in american run camps with air con-cable tv-pools-burger kings etc...

good money-good perks...i went to vegas every 2/3 years...they are currently flying remote a/c FROM that same place OVER afghanistan!!!!

i understand your beliefs too.... you don't have to press the button or pull the trigger BUT still have monumental fun around the world with people who'd you'd probably never ever meet!! and earn a decent wage and with decent prospects!!

i'll also second everything that footy68 says!!

oh also......... i know for a fact that the RAF is DESPERATLY short of latics fans.........

go on ....YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!!!

My brother in law is an ex para, he loved it, Kuwait and a few african countries, he also shot a tresspasser who was waving a rifle at them.

One thing he is proud of is the friends he has through it, friends for life!!