15 of our lads(& lasses?) captured by Iran

help_shiny

Though that's not the end of it. They've come home, and told of their trauma they were put under.

Who's been lying then.

My money's on Iran. <_<

This could run and run for a while I think.

speaking of money!! it's just been on the news how some are thinking/going to sell their stories to the journo's...

the girly has reportedly been offered a six figure amount for her story.. interesting eh??

my take on it...... BIG can of worms.........

i found this t'other day at for me it sums the day they all arrived home, very well...

don't get me wrong, as ex RAF i'm glad they are back all safe and well.... and after a not so nice holiday too!

but there were other happenings that day too, which for me the press seemed a tad not too bothered about...

backfromthegulfzb0.jpg

ps this was seen by the 'grown-ups' first and given the ok!!!!

Edited by thetramdriver

Agreed, that death on some of the soldiers who were killed at the time of the crisis, should have been given a similar amount of coverage, but it never works like that. The press, and tv companies know full well which stories pull more interests, and that is generally what they are here for.

I dont think you can criticise the press too much though, regarding this subject, as they do give decent coverage too soldiers who have lost their lives. From personal experience, I have nothing but respect for the local and national press on this matter, as I had an old school mate i'd grown up with for 14 years or so, since I was a little baby. Killed whilst in the army, on a training mission in the Czech Republic about three years ago now. There was a plane Crash which horribly went wrong, and Vincent, and 7 of his colleagues were killed. It made the national news, and got a fair amount of coverage in the national papers. He alone, got a full page spread on the front page of the Observer which was very respectful towards him. The funeral, with all the salutes, gun shots and the full army works, was probably the most moving thing i'll ever see in my life. Them army boys and girls, certainly know how to give a good send off to their comrades

Edited by Rocky_Latic