Johnny Foreigner

:)

This site is just phenominal. Pure football (Tics) talk, once you put a posting on you know fellow blues will come up trumps, i just love it. (Think i'm having one of those sentimental Friday night moments thanks to my good mate Stella!)

Just to add to my original list....

Does Vic Halom (as in "King Of All Geordies) count cos I don't know what country he was from but no bugger could tell a darn word he said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vic Halom came from Burton on Trent. That's not a foreign country!!!

However, if he came from Swadlincote, then he'd be "foreign"!!!

Edited by ThaiLatic

:)

Vic Halom came from Burton on Trent. That's not a foreign country!!!

However, if he came from Swadlincote, then he'd be "foreign"!!!

Spooky that Thai,

A relative (of my wifes I hasten to add) lives between the end of the M42 and Swadlincote!!

How many of the list have actually played for their country whilst owning The Blue Shirt TM?

I can recall Gunnar, Ronnie Blair, Chris Killen, Onandi Lowe, Corrazin, Rodney Jack

How many played for Under 21s etc whilst playing for the Tics' too?

And didn't Onanadi Lowe not make it back from Jamaica once, I think he went back to Jamaica, in fact do you think he has been betting on the cricket World cup? Or was that Rodney Jack.

Edited by singe

How many of the list have actually played for their country whilst owning The Blue Shirt TM?

I can recall Gunnar, Ronnie Blair, Chris Killen, Onandi Lowe, Corrazin, Rodney Jack

How many played for Under 21s etc whilst playing for the Tics' too?

And didn't Onanadi Lowe not make it back from Jamaica once, I think he went back to Jamaica, in fact do you think he has been betting on the cricket World cup? Or was that Rodney Jack.

Singe, Onandi Lowe never played for Latics!

thought it was hong kong or is that someone else

what about orpheo kieserwhatnot wasnt he a yank ?

Yes, I remember reading somewhere that "Raging Bull" was born in Antwerp. I think it was Dougie Anderson who was born in Hong Kong.

Also, and this could well have been a wind up, but in one profile I read on Rodger Wylde, it said he was born in NEW YORK!!

Spooky that Thai,

A relative (of my wifes I hasten to add) lives between the end of the M42 and Swadlincote!!

You have my sympathies. I played most of my football in that area. I t certainly taught me how to look after myself and it's probably why I used to be pretty quick!!

Is the dry ski slope still there? If you don't know, Diego will.

Thai,

I am not sure about the ski slope, I wnet to Tamwort indoor one once!. To be honest I've only been a few times, but it did have an aire of League of Gentlemen..

RE Onandi Lowe, it must have been Jermaine Johnson then, or Rodney Jack, or one of them!!

We were interested in Lowe at one point weren;t we?

Age, that's my excuse!

Thai,

I am not sure about the ski slope, I wnet to Tamwort indoor one once!. To be honest I've only been a few times, but it did have an aire of League of Gentlemen..

RE Onandi Lowe, it must have been Jermaine Johnson then, or Rodney Jack, or one of them!!

Age, that's my excuse!

The Swad ski slope wasn't as grand as the Tamworth one. It was more like a tatty bit of carpet draped over an old slag heap. Seriously!!

Thai,

Age, that's my excuse!

Think Talbot was looking at Lowe, at around the time he was looking for any forward at all

We did have a spaniard on trial once, saw him play for reserves.

I think he was called Jesus and was a midfielder.

If my memory serves me well [which it usually doesn't], wasn't he a student studying at Salford or something?

????????

Yup we did, I used to do match reports of the ressies for JKL. We beat Citeh 3-0 in the MSC when Jesus played, 2 extracts from my match report.

and from a distance what looks like Ralf ‘Royal Family’ Little having a trial for us (Jesus)

Jesus – Neat and composed, good passer but a bit weak in the tackle, its difficult to judge on 90 minutes.

But obviously not that difficult for the club to judge as I think that was his only game

There was a time as well when Micky Quinn was known as Paddy Quinnetti. Apparently, he was desperate to play International football and discovered that he had both Italian and Irish bloodlines.

And Darron McDonagh was definitely Belgian by birth. As someone earlier said, he was born in Antwerp. He left us to join Luton and then went to Newcastle. Does anyone remember The Granada TV Programme where they tracked the progress of our Dazzoh and Mike Phelan who was at Man Utd? They started off with them as young trainees and then followed their careers over the next few years.

Shame Jesus didn't score with a header Stipey. I'm sure that your journalistic talents would have informed us how he got up well for the cross! :o

There was a time as well when Micky Quinn was known as Paddy Quinnetti. Apparently, he was desperate to play International football and discovered that he had both Italian and Irish bloodlines.

And Darron McDonagh was definitely Belgian by birth. As someone earlier said, he was born in Antwerp. He left us to join Luton and then went to Newcastle. Does anyone remember The Granada TV Programme where they tracked the progress of our Dazzoh and Mike Phelan who was at Man Utd? They started off with them as young trainees and then followed their careers over the next few years.

Shame Jesus didn't score with a header Stipey. I'm sure that your journalistic talents would have informed us how he got up well for the cross! :o

And nailed it?

:shock:

:wink: