Baz Savage

Yeah, he's a lethal striker with his 7 goals in 38 league starts this season.

That doesn't matter, it's the performance that counts and bringing others into play, something we didn't see from any of the Latics forwards today.

Edited by BP1960

Let no one call Baz Savage again, I thought he gave a terrific display, quick and strong his hold up play was what Latics have been crying out for for years.

I bet we are the only team that has managed to make him look good this season.

He had all the bloody time in the world on the ball today simply by taking a few paces away from our ineptly immobile defence - other than the one time Stam got close enough to him to chop his legs from underneath him.

Derek.

He had all the bloody time in the world on the ball today simply by taking a few paces away from our ineptly immobile defence - other than the one time Stam got close enough to him to chop his legs from underneath him.

Derek.

im with Derek, we give him FAR too much space. It was ridiculous. But he did look impressive, very good touch and confident. Also hes a giant!!!

That was the story of Latics today, we gave them far too much space and couldn;t string our passes together

Derek.

You will be surprised how many fans say that!!

Cant all be the only team can you? Maybe he is just better than everyone (us included!!) thought?

He isnt about goals, he is a link up man, and at that he is amongst the best in the league.

Derek.

No, you're not, seriously. He can be frustrating at times but hey, brought in on a free transfer after shipping Calvin Zola off to Crewe for a sizeable fee - gotta be good business that :grin:

Derek.

He's either amazingly effective or embarrasingly bad. The sort of player whose inconsistency makes him a League One player and no higher.

As for the only team, ask Leicester and Huddersfield fans, however there's probably a few fans who would say he's even worse than that playboy lifestyle lad (Chris Hall?)

Savage had a good game. I was actually very impressed with Tranmere. We were poor, but they were good. The occasional hoof, but generally kept it on the floor, ran at us, nice one touch football and tried to bring the wingers in as much as possible. I don't remember us playing as well as that under Ronnie. Maybe you can teach an old dinosaur new tricks... :wink:

Let no one call Baz Savage again, I thought he gave a terrific display, quick and strong his hold up play was what Latics have been crying out for for years.

He had a good game but I felt that was more because we ran scared of him. He's a big lad, lots of elbows and a pair of quick feet and we should have been able to deal with that. I've seen him play for 3 or 4 other clubs on about 8 or 9 occasions and he's looked :censored:e on every one.

He did it at PP it was shocking, I said after 5 minutes someone should of gone through him to quiet him down but we didnt we just stood watching him , think Earldey was in love with him the way he let him just cruise round him.

Like someone said before if he played like that every game I would have him in my team however his inconistency keeps him in League one

Derek.

Fact we are the only team to ever make it him look good how many clubs has he had over the years?