• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What other reason is there? He had a brilliant game against Crewe away and he's hardly seen two minutes since...

he saw 80 odd the game after and was crap, not in the centre fair enough, but the ball is still round and you tackle people.

i didnt go to crewe so wont comment on that

he saw 80 odd the game after and was crap, not in the centre fair enough, but the ball is still round and you tackle people.

i didnt go to crewe so wont comment on that

he was no worse than anyone else that day and certainly not the worst on the pitch and if thats the only time you have seen him play then why not wait till he,s had a fair run before slagging him off

So way compare him.

someone said, he captained a strong reserve side at utd

i compared to say clegg moved up from that level into europe but was still poor for us (understatement)

the fact he was at utd full stop means nothing...at least that was the point i was trying to make

he was no worse than anyone else that day and certainly not the worst on the pitch and if thats the only time you have seen him play then why not wait till he,s had a fair run before slagging him off

so you have seen him twice?, 1 good game like them all that day? (byfield scored for gods sake) 1 crap (like them all that day)

why should he play?... whittiker had 10 good games at the season start but look now. (thread name change?)

someone please tell me why he should start (like lewis) attitude (or not) aside what so great?

i going out now, so i will read and reply on my return . (i will try to keep it friendly and not to be obnoxious on my return :grin: )

so you have seen him twice?, 1 good game like them all that day? (byfield scored for gods sake) 1 crap (like them all that day)

why should he play?... whittiker had 10 good games at the season start but look now. (thread name change?)

someone please tell me why he should start (like lewis) attitude (or not) aside what so great?

i going out now, so i will read and reply on my return . (i will try to keep it friendly and not to be obnoxious on my return :grin: )

firstly i have seen him play more than twice a hell of a lot more so i do feel i can comment,and i feel he deserves a chance,i,m not trying to say he is any better than anyone else but at the moment oldham are :censored: and that is why he should get a chance because the ones playing are not performing.

why not try to look at it from his point of view how do you think he feels,he came here hoping for a fair go at a club HE wanted to play for and didn,t get it. if a prem club wanted him now he wouldn,t go he wants to play for oldham where he started.and that attitude is what we need

give him a few games to build his confidence and you will see what i mean

as far as lewis goes , first touch very good, second touch crap , final touch no-where and hes on the floor, no better than wolfy but had far more chances

3 goals against scunny and ive asked this alot, why does everyone think he is so great?

Our goals per game with Alessandra in the side (last season and this) has been higher than any other striker. Just because he doesn't score them all doesn't make him useless.

He holds the ball up well - easing the pressure on our over-burdened midfield.

He IS creative and has a strong assists record - not just for his strike partner but bringing midfielders forwards too.

He doesn't score enough - but how many teams have strike partnerships where one scores 20+ and the other knocks in a dozen or so (which is roughly where a full season of LA would have got us).

And if there is a problem with training (lateness, workrate or whatever) I really hope Joe has said what needs saying and Alessandra responds appropriately.

Because he has easily been the best strike partner Hughes has had this season.

(As for Lee, seen him twice. He was great against bottom of the league, but was up against a week left side at Crewe. The game after he was ok. I'd have liked to see more of him).

Edited by opinions4u

firstly i have seen him play more than twice a hell of a lot more so i do feel i can comment,and i feel he deserves a chance,i,m not trying to say he is any better than anyone else but at the moment oldham are :censored: and that is why he should get a chance because the ones playing are not performing.

why not try to look at it from his point of view how do you think he feels,he came here hoping for a fair go at a club HE wanted to play for and didn,t get it. if a prem club wanted him now he wouldn,t go he wants to play for oldham where he started.and that attitude is what we need

give him a few games to build his confidence and you will see what i mean

ok.....you can comment! why?

are a close friend of his? (from the second paragraph i hope so OR ARE YOU HIM :grin: ) are you a utd fan who follows the reserves and post on here? or a qpr fan and watched him for 20? games?

you have not given me a reason why he should play other than our current midfield is rubbish..........we all know that.

im an oldham fan and given the chance half the chance i would sign but i dont think shez or royle would pick me, how do you think i feel about that...do you care? thought not.

so again why should he play? at least tell me about the player and what he can do (mention games atleast when you have seen him)

hey i wouldnt mind seeing him get a chance especially at the moment but this argument has been going on for months from people who know nothing about him other than he came from utd, tell me something different

Our goals per game with Alessandra in the side (last season and this) has been higher than any other striker. Just because he doesn't score them all doesn't make him useless.

He IS creative and has a strong assists record - not just for his strike partner but bringing midfielders forwards too.

He doesn't score enough - but how many teams have strike partnerships where one scores 20+ and the other knocks in a dozen or so (which is roughly where a full season of LA would have got us).

And if there is a problem with training (lateness, workrate or whatever) I really hope Joe has said what needs saying and Alessandra responds appropriately.

(As for Lee, seen him twice. He was great against bottom of the league, but was up against a week left side at Crewe. The game after he was ok. I'd have liked to see more of him).

This.

A small, lower division Teddy Sheringham in the making. Needs time, and little else in my view.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

ive not checked but out of interest , how mant assist does he have?

and off the top of my head i would be interested to see his and wolfys goals to games ratio (and assists) im guessing there is not a great deal of difference (i am guessing)

he has fantastic potential but is not delivering when given the chance

as far as lewis goes , first touch very good, second touch crap , final touch no-where and hes on the floor, no better than wolfy but had far more chances

Lol...you being serious? Have I missed a woosh??? No better than Wolfy??? Haha...not spending countless years on the injury list throws that theory out! (If Wolfy stays another couple of years, do we give him a testimonial?) Hey...I could be as good as Wolfy but I'm fat and have missed the boat! Damn!

Alice and Wolfy are completely different players. Alice is a ceater, Wolfy a(n) (alleged) finisher. Alice has the potential to be a star (maybe not at the top level , but a level above this). Wolfy has the potential to play for Burton. Alright, Burton are good now, so Gateshead.

fair enough, but has wolfy played as many games as lewis? who has scored the most goals? who has the most assists?

i dont know the answers to these questions, but im asking whats the difference when you read stats.

and this is a stupid comparrison but teddy sherigham or michael owen

fair enough, but has wolfy played as many games as lewis? who has scored the most goals? who has the most assists?

i dont know the answers to these questions, but im asking whats the difference when you read stats.

and this is a stupid comparrison but teddy sherigham or michael owen

Hold on, doesn't that prove my point? Owen has scored more, Sheringham created more?

Wolfy is not very good at any level in my view (no matter how hard he works).

Alice is the type that is the future of this club (if he works hard enough).

Not sure if it is just me, but it isn't.

of course i think leiws is better than wolfy.......but (as i said i dont know the stats)

give me games played, goals and assists for both..

hey i may be well off the mark but i thinkl wolfys scored more goals than lewis in less games and i can only remember 1 assist by lewis

injurys or not, doesnt mean you are better.

who was better sherigham or owen? same type of players (different world but......)

i doesnt matter about wolfy, he will be gone but we have had good young players over the years (some better than lewis who did just as much, where are they ..veron? tipton? allot? (i know where he is now) roca? sugden? mcniven?