Thats it! off I go...

Does it really matter when I posted my first post on here?

The fact of the matter is I've felt strongley enough to express exactly how im feeling about the club at this time. This is not based just on this one game is it? Even if it is Joe's return it's still the same players. The same players that simply dont care? Nothings gonna change for the remainder of this season as he cant bring in a whole new set of players. This is why im choosing to stay away.

I know im not on my own as the attendances have proved this season. TTA cant keep throwing money at this club and neither can I, so why cant the players realise this and buck their ideas up.

Maybe the other 4500 or so stay aways have chosen not to vent their anger on here, and explain why they will not return but I chose to. This thread was my first post and more than likely my last. Ive simply had enough and Im bored watching that crap, so why go anymore. Very sad to say but totally true.

Harry Dowd you really are a :censored: !

That's funny, Harry Dowd is probably one of the most respected posters on here. :unsure:

I don't believe 'the players don't care'. I think it's that same old football fan's easy target. Cliche, if you like.

It's just football. United have lost twice in a week - do they have a bad manager/no motivation etc? It just happens....and all the time at clubs like Oldham (meaning most clubs then). The big difference in the divisons is consistancy not ability (yes - to be pedantic consistancy is an attribute of ability). That's why some weeks Eardley, Taylor and Hughes look like pub players and the next week they look like big money players.

In a nut shell maybe you just aren't cut out for 10+ years of division 3 football. No shame in it - most aren't. Almost seems a strange time to jump ship with Royle coming in.....but then there is that strong sense the season could be gone, yet again.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how old are you? 10

being a FAN means through thick and thin

sod off and go and support utd like the other glory hunters then

This persons veiws are completely valid , I feel the same , £20 quids a lot to some people , but obviously not you. I'm a FAN Hes a FAN , and frankly you sound like a TIT!

Having supported Latics all my life, i have really become so frustrated and after today have decided never to walk into Boundary Park again, until I see a team that is gonna fight for the club.

Quite simply why do I pay my money every home game to see dross like that? It was an embarrasment.

Obviously, some fans will just say "bye then!" to this statement.

I dont get my money back for watching a team with a lack of passion and commitment do I? So why should they pick up their over-inflated wage packet week in week out? So I will no longer give them my 20 quid a game.

These are classed as professional people, was that a professional display today? 8 year old kids heads' drop when they're losing, not professional footballers!!

Eardley you are a joke!

R.I.P Latics! :ranting:

And that really helps the club doesn't it?

This persons veiws are completely valid , I feel the same , £20 quids a lot to some people , but obviously not you. I'm a FAN Hes a FAN , and frankly you sound like a TIT!

im not actually a tit

20 quid is 20 quid its about the whole saturday thing, meeting the lads in the pub, going to the game, seeing people that have shared youe experiences for years

like i said before my first child is due in may and boy or girl it will be a latics fan and go to the games when old enough

people are entitled to thier opinions right or wrong

i feel passionate about my LOCAL team

like i said if you dont like it go away and go shopping on your own

whatever you do go and moan on your own, stop bringing everyone down with you

I was thinking about Latics watching the Liverpool game today... Even at 5-0 down and suffering a dip in form last few games Aston Villa fans were still singing their hearts out ("we're gonna win 6-5, we love you Villa" Etc) and it struck me that we hardly ever do that when things aren't going to plan. I know yesterday was dire to put it mildly and the performances over all since early season haven't been that great but we're Oldham supporters... You'd think we'd be used to tosh more often than not after some things we've seen. Everyone is their own person and if some fans don't want to turn up until things get better that's their perogative, I will be there every home game untill the seasons end (work permitting) and if I can get the odd away game that too. It might not be pretty, in fact, it may, at times be downright soul destroying but it's football, it's Latics. It's something that will never die in most of us and all I hope is that whichever fans do turn up, let's encourage the lads as much as we can, we have 8 games left.... Lets try to enjoy them and untill it becomes mathmatically impossible never say never!!

I will be there every home game untill the seasons end (work permitting) and if I can get the odd away game that too. It might not be pretty, in fact, it may, at times be downright soul destroying but it's football, it's Latics. It's something that will never die in most of us and all I hope is that whichever fans do turn up, let's encourage the lads as much as we can, we have 8 games left.... Lets try to enjoy them and untill it becomes mathmatically impossible never say never!!

Good point well made!

Does it really matter when I posted my first post on here? Yes, it says a lot that you didn't post when things were going well, didn't post to say anything else, just to say you were going. In which case - So bloody what - that's just a posturing gesture - you want people to say "well done"? or what do you want? It says so much about someone that thei first post after however many damn months is "I'm off", especially after 1 game under a new manager, whether it's JR or Joe Soap

The fact of the matter is I've felt strongley enough to express exactly how im feeling about the club at this time. This is not based just on this one game is it? Even if it is Joe's return it's still the same players. The same players that simply dont care? Nothings gonna change for the remainder of this season as he cant bring in a whole new set of players. This is why im choosing to stay away.

But you never said anything else at any other time did you? So you seem to only feel able to express yourself when it's a negative thing. Again says more about

I know im not on my own as the attendances have proved this season. TTA cant keep throwing money at this club and neither can I, so why cant the players realise this and buck their ideas up. Ah, I see, the "It's not just me, there's others with me" angle. So what. I'll be here after you've gone. We're 8th, bloody 8th, not 20th, as we have been before. 17 bleeding years and you didn't get as p''''ed off as when we were 8th after being top 6 virtually all season? oh come off it, what sort of bullcrap is that?

Maybe the other 4500 or so stay aways have chosen not to vent their anger on here, and explain why they will not return but I chose to. This thread was my first post and more than likely my last. Ive simply had enough and Im bored watching that crap, so why go anymore. Very sad to say but totally true. 4500 stay aways ? what season are you comparing that to? 1986? And you reckon the others haevn't voiced their opinion? Oh yeah right, you are the oice of the silent 4500, Harry "voice of the people" self impotent and deluded? Yeah it's crap, far worse than last day survival with hotte, rickers et al. Take the prize harry - clown of the year or best fisherman - your choice

Harry Dowd you really are a :censored: ! Yeah I often get brassed off when someone gets me bang to rights for being an idiot too

Edited by real

So much for the blind faith for 9 games called for !!!!

Why do the MOANERS get so much air time on message boards?

Shut your door on the way out mate, you've had your 15 minutes......

You have no respect from me. Do you really think it worry's us true SUPPORTers what plebs like you think?

So much for the blind faith for 9 games called for !!!!

Why do the MOANERS get so much air time on message boards?

Shut your door on the way out mate, you've had your 15 minutes......

You have no respect from me. Do you really think it worry's us true SUPPORTers what plebs like you think?

Because it's all to easy to come on and vent off steam by hammering away at a keyboard than to ever come up with something positve, though to find positives with yesterday would be a bit of a challenge. Here's to 6 points from Cheltenham and Orient and see how we go from there!! lol

Because it's all to easy to come on and vent off steam by hammering away at a keyboard than to ever come up with something positve, though to find positives with yesterday would be a bit of a challenge. Here's to 6 points from Cheltenham and Orient and see how we go from there!! lol

OK, I have lived in Australia for the last 9 years. I put $15 away every week and every year I renew my season ticket.

I get just as frustrated as everyone else but after 43 years of supporting them, I bleed blue. I have seen everything. Good, bad, pathetic and fantastic. I will never, ever change or even consider walking away from them. I cannot support another football club here because it is simply not done.

The only way I could do it was to change codes. AFL and the Brisbane Lions are also now in my blood.

I have been a part of the Glory years too with the Lions and have also witnessed the downright awful, although, now, like Latics they are slowly on their way back.

Embrace every defeat, no matter how bad it is as it makes every successful moment taste all that much more sweeter.

The glory days will return, you just have to be part of every abomination... of which there will be many, otherwise you are not worthy of the blue, or for that matter, the maroon blue and gold.

One team ......Every Blade of Grass...... for life.

Edited by L1onheart

Harry - Its people like you that make me heave ok

I have followed latics all my life. My first game being on the shoulders of my grnadad when I was about three and we won 11-0 against Southport ( not that I recall FA about it)

I have lived out in Australia and come home for some games and spent most of my life on the IOW. Thanks to ruddy work its hard to get to games but I get in about 15 games a season on average, most of them away.

When we had our glory years in the late 80s/90s it cost me a freaking fortune dragging two kids around the country, with the added expense of two cup runs (Missed two ties in that run Leeds away and Southampton replay at BP)

Of course all the lilly livers were out then forming long Q's at BP declaring themselves to be hardened die hard latics fans. People who normally grabbed the bus to Manchester on a Saturday instead - It was murder for me to try and get tickets as we progressed through the cup rounds - Thank god I found some contacts.

I did a 565 mile round trip on Saturday and got back home at 4am Sunday owing to the fact I was tired an had to pull over in god knows where for an hours nap. Can't really afford two away games but will be there at Orient.

Over the years I have seen the fickle fans I got to know at games drift away and yes Ive heard all the dramatic moans about ''Never watching this :censored: again''

Would I ever consider giving up and going to watch Pompey or Southampton - Never ever in a million years and If the club folded tomorrow Id go follow Oldham Town.

Both my girls have been mascot for the club and a grandson will follow in about 5 years (hopfully wearing his mums old red Bovis kit)

I have seen us lose at Scarborough 1-2 in the FA cup when we were old Div 3 and they were Northern Premier in the 70s. I've seen us beat Hudderfield 6-0 when we were on our way up from old Div 3. I have cried my guts out when we lost vital games and I have had the wonder of walking Wembly way to see my beloved blues play in a cup final.

So like many of here I accept the bad times and hope for better ones. No its not good at the momment > Have you got a magic £20 million you could chuck in the pot Harry? What is your solution ? - Go on get out of here, go take your fickle support and get back to watching the glory boys - I am sure you will be back in the Q for a ticket should we actually get a good cup run or get promoted. I am sure you will be there spouting on about loyalty.

Yes I was dissapointed Saturday but I am sure that there will be changes and that things will improve.

I stopped at a service station on the M6 on the way up to BP and met a coach load of Torquay fans on their way up to Northwich Victoria buzzing away they were and some old bloke was chatting away - I asked him ' Wasnt it hard to see his team drop into none league football, how did he keep himself motivated enough to keep gioing down to Watch them play''

He said that simply it was his team, his brother was a Plymouth fan but Torquay was his and always will be.

Following Oldham is in my blood its passed down and its part of my roots and my life - Dont worry Harry I am sure we will see you again with the other lilly livers when the tide turns and we get a string of results going...

No matter what happens the blue flag flies on the Isle of Wight, Australia, Canada, France, Holland and in many other places in the world - and those that fly the flag keep the faith through thick and thin

It's tough to explain what it's like to be an Oldham Athletic fan unless you are one.

I have supported Latics since I was 4 years old, went to near enough every home game from then to the age of 17, and plenty of away games along the way. Still only 18 now, my love for Oldham can never be taken away. It's easy to be a United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. fan, but they will never feel how a loyal lower league fan does.

I dont get to as many games as id like now, due to being at university, but I still love the club as much as ever, which can only grow.

We're all dreaming of once again being in the top flight, but it would not matter in the slightest if we stayed in this division for another 5-10 years. Yes, we'd come on here an moan and groan about how terrible we are, but its part and parcel of the game and supporting a team.

I for one am keeping the faith, and always will do. Win, lose or draw.

Well it's obvious that i've rilled a few people on here with my "first" post. I apoligise to anyone I may have offended.

The faith may have been lost here but who knows? Times are hard and I cant condone spending money on that product!

Maybe my second post will be more positive, could even be me coming back on eating my words!!!

Sorry Guys

Fickle/Lilly Liver/Moaner/Self Impotant/Deluded/Harry!

No matter what happens the blue flag flies on the Isle of Wight, Australia, Canada, France, Holland and in many other places in the world - and those that fly the flag keep the faith through thick and thin

Brilliant post but don't forget the Good Ole US of A... :grin:

Well it's obvious that i've rilled a few people on here with my "first" post. I apoligise to anyone I may have offended.

The faith may have been lost here but who knows? Times are hard and I cant condone spending money on that product!

Maybe my second post will be more positive, could even be me coming back on eating my words!!!

Sorry Guys

Harry, I know most on here would not begrudge you if you were skint/out of work. It seemed to everyone that you were giving up jsut because we had lost.

Trying to eke out very little money and use the last morsel to support Latics is very different to they didn't play well make any effort that is it I am off. Whic seems to be the difference between your first post and last one,

Harry - Its people like you that make me heave ok

I have followed latics all my life. My first game being on the shoulders of my grnadad when I was about three and we won 11-0 against Southport ( not that I recall FA about it)

I have lived out in Australia and come home for some games and spent most of my life on the IOW. Thanks to ruddy work its hard to get to games but I get in about 15 games a season on average, most of them away.

When we had our glory years in the late 80s/90s it cost me a freaking fortune dragging two kids around the country, with the added expense of two cup runs (Missed two ties in that run Leeds away and Southampton replay at BP)

Of course all the lilly livers were out then forming long Q's at BP declaring themselves to be hardened die hard latics fans. People who normally grabbed the bus to Manchester on a Saturday instead - It was murder for me to try and get tickets as we progressed through the cup rounds - Thank god I found some contacts.

I did a 565 mile round trip on Saturday and got back home at 4am Sunday owing to the fact I was tired an had to pull over in god knows where for an hours nap. Can't really afford two away games but will be there at Orient.

Over the years I have seen the fickle fans I got to know at games drift away and yes Ive heard all the dramatic moans about ''Never watching this :censored: again''

Would I ever consider giving up and going to watch Pompey or Southampton - Never ever in a million years and If the club folded tomorrow Id go follow Oldham Town.

Both my girls have been mascot for the club and a grandson will follow in about 5 years (hopfully wearing his mums old red Bovis kit)

I have seen us lose at Scarborough 1-2 in the FA cup when we were old Div 3 and they were Northern Premier in the 70s. I've seen us beat Hudderfield 6-0 when we were on our way up from old Div 3. I have cried my guts out when we lost vital games and I have had the wonder of walking Wembly way to see my beloved blues play in a cup final.

So like many of here I accept the bad times and hope for better ones. No its not good at the momment > Have you got a magic £20 million you could chuck in the pot Harry? What is your solution ? - Go on get out of here, go take your fickle support and get back to watching the glory boys - I am sure you will be back in the Q for a ticket should we actually get a good cup run or get promoted. I am sure you will be there spouting on about loyalty.

Yes I was dissapointed Saturday but I am sure that there will be changes and that things will improve.

I stopped at a service station on the M6 on the way up to BP and met a coach load of Torquay fans on their way up to Northwich Victoria buzzing away they were and some old bloke was chatting away - I asked him ' Wasnt it hard to see his team drop into none league football, how did he keep himself motivated enough to keep gioing down to Watch them play''

He said that simply it was his team, his brother was a Plymouth fan but Torquay was his and always will be.

Following Oldham is in my blood its passed down and its part of my roots and my life - Dont worry Harry I am sure we will see you again with the other lilly livers when the tide turns and we get a string of results going...

well said the pair of you.

one day, pete, we will have that beer mate :wink:

and as for you mr.lion, pm me if you're ever in town. :grin:

Sorry Guys

harry

all we are asking is that you keep the faith my friend

dont ditch the boys for good

we will still be here when you come back pal

cheers

We're all dreaming of once again being in the top flight, but it would not matter in the slightest if we stayed in this division for another 5-10 years. Yes, we'd come on here an moan and groan about how terrible we are, but its part and parcel of the game and supporting a team.

The next division up from this one would be start.

It does matter if we stay in this division, though, as football at this level has been running on empty for some time, and this will only get worse as a deepening economic crisis takes it toll on attendances and makes everything more expensive. Things don't stay the same forever. Sooner or later, clubs at the lower level are going to start to crumble; many are likely to go part-time. If TTA decide that they can no longer cover the losses, the chances of equally generous owners coming in seem slim, especially given the past record of local business with regard to the club. If they stay on they might well decide to cut expenses in line with falling income. Either way, further decline is inevitable. That's why we have to get out of this division as soon as possible and stay out of it.

The next division up from this one would be start.

It does matter if we stay in this division, though, as football at this level has been running on empty for some time, and this will only get worse as a deepening economic crisis takes it toll on attendances and makes everything more expensive. Things don't stay the same forever. Sooner or later, clubs at the lower level are going to start to crumble; many are likely to go part-time. If TTA decide that they can no longer cover the losses, the chances of equally generous owners coming in seem slim, especially given the past record of local business with regard to the club. If they stay on they might well decide to cut expenses in line with falling income. Either way, further decline is inevitable. That's why we have to get out of this division as soon as possible and stay out of it.

I wonder if we'll see a return to the 3rd div north/south again? How many of these Tuesday night games are against teams at the other end of the country? Guaranteed a maximum of about 150/200 away fans. Although it will disappoint OASIS, would having all your opponents closer by lead to a bit more money sloshing around? Just a thought...