anti climax

i can honestly say that today i was looking forward to going to bp again....if for nothing else the nostalgia and the faint hope that,under new guidance the players would rise to the occasion and see us through a game as comfy winners.

got to the ground around 2:15ish with my lad,and was suprised to see people queueing to get in.

got the obligatory burger for the lad and got our usual seats,good crowd from the bin dippers,and the banter was there to see from those in the rre.

watched the players warming up and could sense the emotion building slowly,then they go an play stuart pikes commentry,it all comes flooding back and im actually stood there trying my damndest not to cry.....teams come out to a great reception..then fanfare for the common man and the legend that is joe royle....

first half wasnt too bad,good bits of possesion,new keeper looked decent,bit more composure in front of goal and we could of been 2 up for half time.

had a nice halftime chat with chaddy the programme seller and his lovely wife pat....then the second half....was fully expecting us to push on and get the early goal and put it to bed,alas it was short lived.

put simply tranmere wanted it more and our players went missing again,with the odd exception.

will have to watch the championship to get a proper view of there goals,and the red card moment,but we just wasted possesion with stupid lazy passes,and players not moving or looking for space.

the crowd to an extent listened to joe and came out,soon as the pen went in they left in droves,most likely never to come back...

i feel sorry for the owners and for joe,he must now know no amount of training during the week is enough for some of them....i bet he seriosly sits there tonight thinking,its true you really cant polish a t**d!!,and i fully expect him to be on the blower begging for players to come and pull us and him out the mire,some that want to play and know how to shoot straight.he will know after today who hasnt got it to move us forward.

after all the build up and wait we have had since last sunday,i think its fair to say it was a bit of an anti climax

i can honestly say that today i was looking forward to going to bp again....if for nothing else the nostalgia and the faint hope that,under new guidance the players would rise to the occasion and see us through a game as comfy winners.

got to the ground around 2:15ish with my lad,and was suprised to see people queueing to get in.

got the obligatory burger for the lad and got our usual seats,good crowd from the bin dippers,and the banter was there to see from those in the rre.

watched the players warming up and could sense the emotion building slowly,then they go an play stuart pikes commentry,it all comes flooding back and im actually stood there trying my damndest not to cry.....teams come out to a great reception..then fanfare for the common man and the legend that is joe royle....

first half wasnt too bad,good bits of possesion,new keeper looked decent,bit more composure in front of goal and we could of been 2 up for half time.

had a nice halftime chat with chaddy the programme seller and his lovely wife pat....then the second half....was fully expecting us to push on and get the early goal and put it to bed,alas it was short lived.

put simply tranmere wanted it more and our players went missing again,with the odd exception.

will have to watch the championship to get a proper view of there goals,and the red card moment,but we just wasted possesion with stupid lazy passes,and players not moving or looking for space.

the crowd to an extent listened to joe and came out,soon as the pen went in they left in droves,most likely never to come back...

i feel sorry for the owners and for joe,he must now know no amount of training during the week is enough for some of them....i bet he seriosly sits there tonight thinking,its true you really cant polish a t**d!!,and i fully expect him to be on the blower begging for players to come and pull us and him out the mire,some that want to play and know how to shoot straight.he will know after today who hasnt got it to move us forward.

after all the build up and wait we have had since last sunday,i think its fair to say it was a bit of an anti climax

Pretty much agreed ed

If joe said this was the squads chance to shine before the transfer deadline, then I friggin hope alot of them are now :censored:ting themselves, they bloody well should be

Pretty much agreed ed

If joe said this was the squads chance to shine before the transfer deadline, then I friggin hope alot of them are now :censored:ting themselves, they bloody well should be

you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. poor in all 3 departments midfield, up front no speed. and the defence looked nervy from about 5 mins in.

Could have been 2 up at half time.....Jeez what flamin game were watching, they could and should have been 3 up in 15minutes!!!!

I wouldn't bother with any more new players as it's wholesale changes we need and not a quick fix.

I've backed Gregan all the time he's been here but he seriously doesn't give a s*** any more...he was a player the others looked up to but not anymore.!!!!!

Get shut along with, Allott, Whittaker, Maher, Kabba and Stam!!!

Pretty much agreed ed

i think it's one of the only times a new manager coming in hasnt lifted the performance.

like i said you can do what you like on the training pitch,but they needed to be in the situations they come up against today to prove if they have learnt anything or not.

and sadly they havent,some of them have admitted that performances havent been what they should,and have cost a manager his job,yet they seem oblivious to this fact...and have just picked up from where they left off after the last home game.

i honestly think if he could,joe would bring in 6 or 7 players to replace the deadwood we have..

its obvious that hughes doesnt want to be here,things dont go his way he sulks,head goes down and then the niggly no point fouls start.he should have gone in january

and others just seem happy to run around without really putting in any effort,i really really dont understand it,and dont see how proffessional footballers can be like this.

one thing is certain,if joe is here next season,it will be a totally different team,than these workshy lot.

Could have been 2 up at half time.....Jeez what flamin game were watching, they could and should have been 3 up in 15minutes!!!!

I wouldn't bother with any more new players as it's wholesale changes we need and not a quick fix.

I've backed Gregan all the time he's been here but he seriously doesn't give a s*** any more...he was a player the others looked up to but not anymore.!!!!!

Get shut along with, Allott, Whittaker, Maher, Kabba and Stam!!!

the same game as you i hope.

hughes effort hit the bar n post before coming out, whittacker hit a shot but there keeper got it,had a couple more from taylor and allott fizzing towards the corner for there keeper to tip round the post.

so quite possibly we could of been 2 or more up,had those gone in it would of been a different game altogether.

yes tranmere could of been 3 up,there just as guilty as us for missing chances,but they didnt make the most.

they played like we should have done,we played like we was expecting them to play.

An eminently well written & readable post, but why let yourself down with lazy stereotypes? I'm sure there are plenty of available connotations I could make about your, or any other town, but why bother - surely life's too short.

Like any football fan, I recognise the disappointment and anticlimax you feel tonight - we've all been there and I am sure us Tranmere fans will be there again soon enough, but today was our day and those who went & those who didn't enjoyed it. There's nowt wrong with banter, but the phrase you use just comes across as disingenuous.