Standing In Rochdale Road End

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have you made a point against something he didn't say? He said nothing about singing and getting behind the team, but you've made out that he did. Can you read?

As for most of the RRE & specially the T section standing; Only pre match and when something happened. Most of the time almost everyone was sat down. I'm not sure why you want to take credit that "we got others in T block to stand" - suggests a mis-placed feeling of self importance to me. Honestly, what you do doesn't make me stand, it's the team and my love for latics that does that, still, whatever floats your boat.

Of course I can read and nope. I've sat up at the top of T section in the past and know full well what some of them are like up that way. The latest being against Colchester. It's got a large percentage of moaning minnie's who do nothing but moan for 90 and show very little encouragement to the team. I know there is exceptions to that, as I know a few personally. However, I dont think the thread starter is one of these exceptions given his opening post.

I'm so glad that fellow men/women are being consistent in the way they treat each other.

Behaviour in the ground is the same as out on the street, people not giving a stuff about anyone else but theirselves.

Saying that, sing and dance all you want to create a better atmosphere, bp certainly needs it - but not at others' expense.

I'm so glad that fellow men/women are being consistent in the way they treat each other.

Behaviour in the ground is the same as out on the street, people not giving a stuff about anyone else but theirselves.

Saying that, sing and dance all you want to create a better atmosphere, bp certainly needs it - but not at others' expense.

:OASISscarf: nail on head!!!

I wish the Footballing authorities would just read these sort of threads, it's just not on that the same sets of fans are conflicting with each other, I want to stand and support the team vocally but I'm not allowed to. And dont give me the "you can sing sat down" crap because it's scientific fact that people sing louder when stood up, I just wish they brought safe standing in so that we dont have these problems

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Of course I can read and nope. I've sat up at the top of T section in the past and know full well what some of them are like up that way. The latest being against Colchester. It's got a large percentage of moaning minnie's who do nothing but moan for 90 and show very little encouragement to the team. I know there is exceptions to that, as I know a few personally. However, I dont think the thread starter is one of these exceptions given his opening post.

So, just copy and paste the bits where he said what you say he said about singing and getting behind the team; Rather than making assumptions based on what you "think".

Waiting......

:huh:

i am so so so glad that i dont sit in the T section. i sit closest to away fans and i have NEVER been told THIS SEASON to sit down by another fan. when i get told by a steward then fair doos they are doing there job. The problem at boundry park is that stewards seem not to care. so people stand and try to make abit of a atmosphere

then you have more people standing thats why we have fans like OldhamFan being really annoyed that he spends his money to watch football but instead watches someones back.

sorry but if you sit in the RRE these are the problems you will face all season every season and i highly doubt that it would change.

so get use to it mate.

I have started taking my nephew to the games and he really struggles to see because of people standing up. Solution, I am sitting in the paddock next year. No moaning, no trying to change the world or trying to change the behaviour you would EXPECT at a football ground. Just a simple straight forward solution.

Some people should get off their white horses :)

Ian Moore was well within his rights to give it us. Near enough 180 mins of vile aimed at him this season, yeah by me included, so I'm not gonna hold it against him what he did.

Three great bottle throws though. Looked like they were gonna land plum on the Latics fans at the bottom confronting Moore but they reached the pitch. Good arms.

Standing at a game. Scandalous.

E4e

BLOWN

As a season ticket holder i feel i have seen enough to comment on the season so far.

I have to say regardless how rubbish we played today what was just as annoying was all the so called " Oldham " fans who were in the r.r.e. today.

I have never seen so many standing throughout the match at so many times were nothing was happening.

This was obviously down to the return of big Joe that we attracted the floaters who come next home match will have done one.

This is not utd or city. When nothing is happening on the pitch please sit down as all you do is just piss everyone else off behind you.

I sit in the T section and until today has thankfully been a stand free zone apart from when the obvious rare exciting moments happen.

Stewards non- existent today. Too busy throwing out the scallies from Tranmere

More people were standing on saturday. Did you notice the better atmosphere???

Im pro standing and although it may be unfair on people who have bought season tickets in that area.

This argument has been had over and over again and nothing can will be solved untill the law is changed or they start arresting people who stand up.

They need to designate a standing area. Or to keep within the law and also keep sitters happy, a 'CHANTING SECTION' made clear that if your are one who often stands, then this is the place for you.

Closest section to the away fans is the obvious section as this is where most people stand.

The solution requires common sense, not reiterating of rules that are never going to be truly enforced.

Simple innit, the council and fire brigade issue a ground safety certificate every year. One of the criteria in issuing said certificate is that people remain seated in an All Seated stadium - allowances are made for moments of excitement but persistent standing can and will lead to the revocation of the certificate or at the very least a fine for the club or the closure of the sections deemed to be committing the offences most often. Like it or not, I hate it it's :censored:, but the ground is ALL SEATER and if some knob wants to stand and block the view of me and my son they will indeed be told in no uncertain terms to sit down or fall down. Ridiculous statement or not if the knobs who persistently stand can't get it through their thick juvenile skulls they HAVE to sit then people have to reply in the only way they can understand.

Those that stand for no apparent reason other than to give it the big 'un are testamnet to a society that doesn't give a toss about anybody and anything. I'll tell you what the real irony is. Our 'fans' are copying a habit started at Old Trafford, an attitude born out of the blame attributed to the Scousers over Hillsborough and the Taylor Report. Speak to anyone who persistently stands at Old Trafford and they will tell you same. Sad really that our fans only have the ability to plagarise other teams songs and behaviour.

KTF

Sit Down/Fall Down

Simple innit, the council and fire brigade issue a ground safety certificate every year. One of the criteria in issuing said certificate is that people remain seated in an All Seated stadium - allowances are made for moments of excitement but persistent standing can and will lead to the revocation of the certificate or at the very least a fine for the club or the closure of the sections deemed to be committing the offences most often. Like it or not, I hate it it's :censored:, but the ground is ALL SEATER and if some knob wants to stand and block the view of me and my son they will indeed be told in no uncertain terms to sit down or fall down. Ridiculous statement or not if the knobs who persistently stand can't get it through their thick juvenile skulls they HAVE to sit then people have to reply in the only way they can understand.

Those that stand for no apparent reason other than to give it the big 'un are testamnet to a society that doesn't give a toss about anybody and anything. I'll tell you what the real irony is. Our 'fans' are copying a habit started at Old Trafford, an attitude born out of the blame attributed to the Scousers over Hillsborough and the Taylor Report. Speak to anyone who persistently stands at Old Trafford and they will tell you same. Sad really that our fans only have the ability to plagarise other teams songs and behaviour.

KTF

Sit Down/Fall Down

Its funny prozac you talk about how its the law ALL SEATER stadiums etc. Then you go on to say in the same post how you will take the law into your own hands if someone is standing up in front of you and your son. Surely you cant have it both ways?

Why does this topic keep coming up. Ive been going to Latics for 18 years and something I have learnt in my short and not so colouful life is that when Im at a football match people shout, swear, sing, talk, engage in banter with opposing fans and stand up. This season the club have made the divide between home and away fans bigger and they have set up a family zone so kids can rightly go and watch the game in a 'safe' area. What else do people want? If you dont want to be in an area where people stand, sing or bang a drum then sit somewhere else (there are plenty of spare seats in other areas). And if your still not happy, then Jeff Steling hosts a programme aimed just at you on a Saturday at 3pm, just make sure the wife doesnt stand in front of you when your trying to watch!!

Why does this topic keep coming up. Ive been going to Latics for 18 years and something I have learnt in my short and not so colouful life is that when Im at a football match people shout, swear, sing, talk, engage in banter with opposing fans and stand up. This season the club have made the divide between home and away fans bigger and they have set up a family zone so kids can rightly go and watch the game in a 'safe' area. What else do people want? If you dont want to be in an area where people stand, sing or bang a drum then sit somewhere else (there are plenty of spare seats in other areas). And if your still not happy, then Jeff Steling hosts a programme aimed just at you on a Saturday at 3pm, just make sure the wife doesnt stand in front of you when your trying to watch!!

I couldnt agree more mate.

The situation could be quite easily solved by people using common sense!

There is plenty of room at BP to accomodate those who want to sit all game and those who want to stand.

I propose people who want to stand should go in the two blocks next to the away fans and in the bit where people have traditionally stood and sung in the Chaddy. People who want to sit should avoid these areas. Fair enough anyone persistantly standing in any other area should expect to get the sit down brigade on their back, whereas anyone stupid enough to want to sit in the bits where people are going to be standing for most of the game should stop their moaning and move to one of the other parts of the ground.

It is so simple and everyone would be happy! Come on people sitters and standers you know it makes sense :grin:

Couldn't have put it better myself, top lad. I unapologetically stand persistently in the 'I-pen' with everyone else that chooses to do the same, when I move to the 'L-pen' and stand persistently then by all means moan, until then look to your left and give me a wave, you should see me, I'll be STANDING.

:shakeit::tongue1::bblue2:

Woof.

I propose people who want to stand should go in the two blocks next to the away fans and in the bit where people have traditionally stood and sung in the Chaddy. People who want to sit should avoid these areas. Fair enough anyone persistantly standing in any other area should expect to get the sit down brigade on their back, whereas anyone stupid enough to want to sit in the bits where people are going to be standing for most of the game should stop their moaning and move to one of the other parts of the ground.

All these arguement about don't sit here because they stand etc simply wasting your time ........ there is NO standing at BP!!! Your also saying to fans who want to choose SIT behind the goal, if you can't see because someone stands in front of you ... tough!! Nice attitude towards your fellow fan.

It's a non-starter. If someone behind you can't see because your stood up, then sit down .... it's that simple. This should be the rule wherever in the ground this may be.

Again arguements about it's a better atmosphere when stood up ..... RUBBISH!!!!! A lot who stand up in the Rocky spend most of ther game watching / goading the away fans and singing anti-this, anti-that songs and very few to get behind the team. Plenty of matches we are force to sit down (especially away) and the atmosphere is great.

I now sit it the main stand as it's all getting rather pathetic ....... the team have lost one of the most vocal supporters in me at BP, especially because of the increasing amount who simply have no iterest in watching the team.