2,000 people who have stayed away for ten years came back today, we had a chance to get them hooked again, or try to at least get them to come next week.

Fair to say that we wont see them again until another ten years down the line when something massive like this happens again.

Sorry to add to the doom and gloom that our season could well be over, but I just see it as a massive opportunity for the club's future missed.

2,000 people who have stayed away for ten years came back today, we had a chance to get them hooked again, or try to at least get them to come next week.

Fair to say that we wont see them again until another ten years down the line when something massive like this happens again.

Sorry to add to the doom and gloom that our season could well be over, but I just see it as a massive opportunity for the club's future missed.

true latics always do this, with the exception of the 6-0 thrashing of grimsby.

unless we win the next 2 games which are away, then there will be very few at the next home game.

Not sure I agree with this....yes there were 2000 more home fans there today than there have been most home games this season, but we were getting around 6,000 home fans regularly just 5 - 6 years ago.., plus we've had the odd big attendance here and there in between.

What I am saying is - yes, the 2,000 'drifters' there today will not be at BP for the next home game, but they will be back...but sadly only when get a big cup game or we start playing well regularly again and get ourselves in a decent league position ; hopefully this time next year when were 20 points clear at the top of the League One table, undefeated all season and already promoted as champions under Big Joe.

Edited by Yard Dog

Not sure I agree with this....yes there were 2000 more home fans there today than there have been most home games this season, but we were getting around 6,000 home fans regularly just 5 - 6 years ago.., plus we've had the odd big attendance here and there in between.

This is true. The average gate gradually rose to around 6500 in the Chris Moore days and remained around that mark even under Talbot.

I suspect that there were more nostalgic long-term absentees present yesterday than diehard fans who have dropped out more recently due to a nagging sense that, after all the false dawns, the club has slipped irrevocably into no-hope land.