Oh come on it wasnt that bad

So i've had a read of what some of u are saying about today and i have to say i just do not agree at all.

Tranmere hardly had a bloody kick for the first 20 mins. If Hughes had his shooting boots on he could have had a hatrick himself by then! As it turns out we were made to pay for missed opportunities.

I thought Westlake slotted in rather nicely and would probably be my choice for MOM. I do feel sorry for Maher but we all scream for a creative player or a ball winner on here, someone had to drop out.......

Hughes ran his nads off again, shame his first effort hadn't gone in cos he would have probably bagged 6 today if it had!

Taylor was doing ok till he took a knock. Tenaciously trying to win the ball off players - and succeeding. Smalley still runs at players and gives them headaches, growing physically and mentally this season. Stam only made one cock up, shame it earned him an early bath......

Some negatives tho.... well, there has to be. I've stayed on the fence on the Eardley debate but his last 15 minutes today was nothing short of diabolical. He hoofs one up to the top of the RRE instead of putting it for a simple throw in. He is released down the right but decided he couldnt catch it - yet the dipper he was competing with kept going - just looked like he couldnt be arsed. He played a couple of useless balls down the line to absolutely nobody,and under no pressure at the time. And what he was doing just before their penalty i dont know. He let that big golute step right over him?! It must have been harder to avoid kicking the ball, and avoid fouling him, and look like a complete sh**ouse than it would have been just to roll the ball out for a corner when it came near him. Embarassing. There was a woman who slated him for the last 10 or 15 mins or so, and, even though I felt like ramming my socks down her throat, I had to agree with her. I dont wanna sound like a typical EarldyOuter but for gods sake, that last 15 was woefull.

Problem is he wasnt the only one. All the heads went down, we were caught at sixes and sevens.... Final whistle couldnt come quick enough for most of them.

AND too many players were trying the fancy :censored: when they couldnt get the basics right. I know we would all love to watch a teamfull of Ronaldos but this is league one. I think a few of our boys are trying to run before they can walk sometimes. I'm sure i saw Gregan try a Ronaldhino 'look the other way pass' that didnt work. We were even back heeling it to the opposition when we were two down for gods sake.

Back to the positives tho. This is starting to sound like a whining post and that wasnt the intention!!!! Their first goal was a peach. If it was one of ours we would have talked about it for weeks. Before that? Did they have a shot? When you have the rub of the green, which the bin dippers have at the moment, they go in. When you're not, like us, they dont. Apart from the last 20-25 minutes we were the only team in it. Even before they got their second goal we were all over them like a rash.

As far as bad patches go, we're in a real bad one. Dont be too disheartened, it might end next week!

And before any of you say it, i'm FAR from being a rose tinted fan. There is usually a wailing and a gnashing of teeth coming from my corner of the world when we get beaten, I can just take a few positives from today.

P.S. dont even get me started on the 'no pies at half time' fiasco. Bleedin useless. How hard can it be to stick a :censored:load in the oven at 3pm when u realise you only have 8 left? You got 45 minutes to cook them for petes sake! That REALLY wound me up........

Off my soap box now. Time for bed said Zebedee......

Keep the faith. No seriously. Keep it.

So i've had a read of what some of u are saying about today and i have to say i just do not agree at all.

Tranmere hardly had a bloody kick for the first 20 mins. If Hughes had his shooting boots on he could have had a hatrick himself by then! As it turns out we were made to pay for missed opportunities.

I thought Westlake slotted in rather nicely and would probably be my choice for MOM. I do feel sorry for Maher but we all scream for a creative player or a ball winner on here, someone had to drop out.......

Hughes ran his nads off again, shame his first effort hadn't gone in cos he would have probably bagged 6 today if it had!

Taylor was doing ok till he took a knock. Tenaciously trying to win the ball off players - and succeeding. Smalley still runs at players and gives them headaches, growing physically and mentally this season. Stam only made one cock up, shame it earned him an early bath......

Some negatives tho.... well, there has to be. I've stayed on the fence on the Eardley debate but his last 15 minutes today was nothing short of diabolical. He hoofs one up to the top of the RRE instead of putting it for a simple throw in. He is released down the right but decided he couldnt catch it - yet the dipper he was competing with kept going - just looked like he couldnt be arsed. He played a couple of useless balls down the line to absolutely nobody,and under no pressure at the time. And what he was doing just before their penalty i dont know. He let that big golute step right over him?! It must have been harder to avoid kicking the ball, and avoid fouling him, and look like a complete sh**ouse than it would have been just to roll the ball out for a corner when it came near him. Embarassing. There was a woman who slated him for the last 10 or 15 mins or so, and, even though I felt like ramming my socks down her throat, I had to agree with her. I dont wanna sound like a typical EarldyOuter but for gods sake, that last 15 was woefull.

Problem is he wasnt the only one. All the heads went down, we were caught at sixes and sevens.... Final whistle couldnt come quick enough for most of them.

AND too many players were trying the fancy :censored: when they couldnt get the basics right. I know we would all love to watch a teamfull of Ronaldos but this is league one. I think a few of our boys are trying to run before they can walk sometimes. I'm sure i saw Gregan try a Ronaldhino 'look the other way pass' that didnt work. We were even back heeling it to the opposition when we were two down for gods sake.

Back to the positives tho. This is starting to sound like a whining post and that wasnt the intention!!!! Their first goal was a peach. If it was one of ours we would have talked about it for weeks. Before that? Did they have a shot? When you have the rub of the green, which the bin dippers have at the moment, they go in. When you're not, like us, they dont. Apart from the last 20-25 minutes we were the only team in it. Even before they got their second goal we were all over them like a rash.

As far as bad patches go, we're in a real bad one. Dont be too disheartened, it might end next week!

And before any of you say it, i'm FAR from being a rose tinted fan. There is usually a wailing and a gnashing of teeth coming from my corner of the world when we get beaten, I can just take a few positives from today.

P.S. dont even get me started on the 'no pies at half time' fiasco. Bleedin useless. How hard can it be to stick a :censored:load in the oven at 3pm when u realise you only have 8 left? You got 45 minutes to cook them for petes sake! That REALLY wound me up........

Sorry, didn't get past the first three paragraphs.... !!!

you are deluded, we were shockingly bad today

Pint of what BJ has had please.

I think that is just about the mirror image of what I saw today. We were by far inferior to an organised but unimpressive Tranmere side.

Derek.

Derek,

I have flown half way accross the world to be at the game tonight and had a great meal at the cedar tree tonight ( newhey) but i agree with you.. we were poor, very poor today .. i hope he strip greegs of of the captaincy.... unfit and not interested...

Derek,

I have flown half way accross the world to be at the game tonight and had a great meal at the cedar tree tonight ( newhey) but i agree with you.. we were poor, very poor today .. i hope he strip greegs of of the captaincy.... unfit and not interested...

and you would give the armband to who exactly???? there isnt a lot of interested people out there on the field at this moment.

and you would give the armband to who exactly???? there isnt a lot of interested people out there on the field at this moment.

Ed, look at my post, I havent exactly caught the 409 from Ashton to get to the game, taxi to toronto airport., flight to manchester, weekend here costs me nearly 1200, you have to give me that......... gregan looks over weight, slow, and not interested and plus i see he was in court on a dd charge yesterday.....

Ed, look at my post, I havent exactly caught the 409 from Ashton to get to the game, taxi to toronto airport., flight to manchester, weekend here costs me nearly 1200, you have to give me that......... gregan looks over weight, slow, and not interested and plus i see he was in court on a dd charge yesterday.....

so does that mean you havent got an opinion on who should be captain instead,because you have flown half way around the world to get here for the game????

i dont understand why you feel the need to let everybody know of your mammouth journey to hell,all i asked is who you would consider worthy of the armband,as there isnt exactly a lot of players showing they deserve it right now.

so does that mean you havent got an opinion on who should be captain instead,because you have flown half way around the world to get here for the game????

i dont understand why you feel the need to let everybody know of your mammouth journey to hell,all i asked is who you would consider worthy of the armband,as there isnt exactly a lot of players showing they deserve it right now.

Ok mate, fair point im back in toronto tomorrow but I would like to leave that some over the hill, over weight, piss head wasnt our captain..... our captaincy is taken for granted......

Ed.. give me that at least....

Guest sheridans_world
Ok mate, fair point im back in toronto tomorrow but I would like to leave that some over the hill, over weight, piss head wasnt our captain..... our captaincy is taken for granted......

Do you get over often? Which games have you seen?

oh go on then....if only to shut you up bragging about being a jet setter,lol

to be totally honest,i would give it tommy wright n make him a non playing captain,he was the most vocal today,other than that,bring maher back into the squad,he hasnt done a great deal wrong,and keeps his nose clean so to speak.

Christ, you spend a lot of time in Oldham then, what do you do, fly Friday return Monday?

Nope. moved to Toronto when I was 20. engaged to a lovely canadian girl ( we were in frizzel bar today good seeing Ziggy today ) im on the site often..........

I've stayed on the fence on the Eardley debate but his last 15 minutes today was nothing short of diabolical.

Thought Eardley was nigh on unbeatable in 1st half and in last 10 minutes he got down the right and put in the best cross we'd had all game. Not saying he was brilliant, by any stretch of the imagination but for me, he was one of the few better ones today. If that can't be recognised after the bad performances and unfair slatings he has had in the past, then he's no chance!

Their first goal was a peach. If it was one of ours we would have talked about it for weeks. Before that? Did they have a shot? When you have the rub of the green, which the bin dippers have at the moment, they go in. When you're not, like us, they dont. Apart from the last 20-25 minutes we were the only team in it. Even before they got their second goal we were all over them like a rash.

Sorry, no offence like, but you watched something different to me. We had some good possession but only had a brilliant chance which 95% of strikers would score...but Hughes decided to go for the money shot and thrash it at the bar. As for the Tramps...again, no offence but do you sit in the RRE? If so, it must look different in there. They had a scuffed shot that narrowly went wide (a clean hit and it was 1-0) and their winger had a free header (1 of many in that first half) that sailed very narrowly wide. Gregan was skinned a number of times by Savage and well, we seriously couldve been a couple down by half time. The 2nd half...we let one in and we were a team with heads down. Very much like last wk at MK Scum in the 2nd half...just they were far better than the Tramps and put more past us.

It was bad today...but it wasn't ever, despite the Legends return, going to be a bed of roses. Anyone who thought it would be knows very little about the game! Only saving grace is our player of the season returns on Tuesday...the loss of Hazell just cannot be put into words!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Were you in the toilet, in the queue for the pies, or just pi***d because the first 15 minutes was just about the total opposite of what you say......What flamin game were you watching?.... we could have been at least 2 or 3 down if they had been a bit more composed around goal.

Hughes would have bagged 6 if his first effort had gone in??**!!???? Yer avin a laff aren't you?

At no time did we EVER look like getting 3 points yesterday and as for positives.....................................There were NONE!!!!!