Shez upsets me

He has left us with the ....unfit sqaud, indept squad, battered morale squad... f

Or...

Sacked too soon. Replaced with a guy that doesn't know the team. Forced out by overexpectant fans/boardmen.

I'm really trying not to get into this in a BB80/Ronnie Moore style. But the sacking of Sheridan was pathetic.

Deep breath. Again.

Or...

Sacked too soon. Replaced with a guy that doesn't know the team. Forced out by overexpectant fans/boardmen.

I'm really trying not to get into this in a BB80/Ronnie Moore style. But the sacking of Sheridan was pathetic.

Deep breath. Again.

Lol...a guy given 12mths and a guy given 30+ mths...

I get what you're saying. It's completely different though. Sheridan hit his limit...whether right to sack him or leave him dead man walking is open to debate. But it's TTA's money and after today, I don't feel Shez nor the team Royles taken on can get us there now (Shez's well built team lets not forget!)....but if we get better crowds on our fruitless journey (if that's what it'll be) then TTA have still made the right choice. Shez was never gunna be here next season....so might as well boost the crowd with the legends return who really can't be blamed for what he's inherited.

PS This is Shez's team that's failing...with or without Royle or A.N.Other...bit like how it was Ronnies that Shez had much success with in Season 1....you sorting out a new username soon? :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

To be fair, I had my username before he became manager. :grin:

I feel myself slipping into the argument though. We should have let Sheridan live or die in his own ingredients. He wasn't given the chance to finish it so we'll never know (much like Ronnie*). I said before that whatever happens, sacking Sheridan would result in the end of the season for us. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

*As for Ronnie. I wasn't sad to see him go. I thought we were too quick there also, but it wasn't pretty at all**. But in that case I could not condone the fans turning. You cheer your team no matter what. That didn't happen for Ronnie or Shez in the end.

**Except the "Oh, Ronnie Moore song" - which was so class I still hum it even now.

I feel myself slipping into the argument though. We should have let Sheridan live or die in his own ingredients. He wasn't given the chance to finish it so we'll never know (much like Ronnie*). I said before that whatever happens, sacking Sheridan would result in the end of the season for us. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

*As for Ronnie. I wasn't sad to see him go. I thought we were too quick there also, but it wasn't pretty at all**. But in that case I could not condone the fans turning. You cheer your team no matter what. That didn't happen for Ronnie or Shez in the end.

**Except the "Oh, Ronnie Moore song" - which was so class I still hum it even now.

Fair comments. Never sang for a managers head...even BT's who I couldn't stand and felt was taking our club to the grave. You should never go for sacking a manager until in your heart, they've taken you as far as you feel they have. No matter what style or circumstance surrounding it. For me, Shez had took us as far as he could long before when he was sacked. But, I accepted he'd be here until May and then he'd leave. At MK last week I happily sang JS Blue/White army and was silent and looked on in disgust at those singing Shez out. At the end of the day, when the Blues are on the pitch you give 90mins of support and encouragement (and I understand why fans snapped on those singing for Shezs head...it just seemed all too easy to wait for it to go wrong and do that) and if you feel those thoughts about the manager, you sing them after the final whistle. But hey...talk of that makes you a so called superfan supposedly. I just think fans have a responsibility......very few act as though they have nowadays tho!

I just think fans have a responsibility......very few act as though they have nowadays tho!

I find, getting utterly battered helps on this count.

But, I cannot understand why people shout down players or managers. It is just detrimental. Then again, I feel we are just arguing over how loudly we should sing now, as we agree on all things important.

I've been saying that since we got rid. I totally agree. I have also been saying for a while, whilst people say we have the best squad we have had for ages, that we dont have a good squad. I think after today people might start to agree. I thought Shez was doing a good job with the resources he had, but he signed this squad and I thought we should have let him have success or failure with the squad he signed.

Fair comments. Never sang for a managers head...even BT's who I couldn't stand and felt was taking our club to the grave. You should never go for sacking a manager until in your heart, they've taken you as far as you feel they have. No matter what style or circumstance surrounding it. For me, Shez had took us as far as he could long before when he was sacked. But, I accepted he'd be here until May and then he'd leave. At MK last week I happily sang JS Blue/White army and was silent and looked on in disgust at those singing Shez out. At the end of the day, when the Blues are on the pitch you give 90mins of support and encouragement (and I understand why fans snapped on those singing for Shezs head...it just seemed all too easy to wait for it to go wrong and do that) and if you feel those thoughts about the manager, you sing them after the final whistle. But hey...talk of that makes you a so called superfan supposedly. I just think fans have a responsibility......very few act as though they have nowadays tho!

I FEEL INSULTED //brian talbot was insperational in enabling me to become acliimtised to my team getting tonked.week in and week out..

give the guy a little credit

Ronnie was a no hoper, he built a good team, made some astute signings (Porter, Wellens) but when he got us into a playoff position we bottled it, at home to bottom of the league (MKDons). Shez never did that.

Ronnie went and I'm glad. Shez guided us to the playoffs in his first season, an 8th finish with a squad with lots of injuries in his second. This season he ballsed up after a promising start. Still better than Ronnie though. The bindippers can think what they like, their team will inevitably bottle it under Ronnie, that's a guarantee, they won't finish in the playoffs because they aren't good enough...the current top 6 are the best top 6 in the division.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Ronnie was a no hoper, he built a good team, made some astute signings (Porter, Wellens) but when he got us into a playoff position we bottled it, at home to bottom of the league (MKDons). Shez never did that.

Oh the irony...No hoper, but built a good team with astute signings. As for bottling it, nothing to do with injuries then? (Yet that's a perfectly good excuse for Shez last season) Remember Wellens with 1 leg vs Bradford etc?....carry on eh!!!....

And the cream on the cake "Shez never did that"...hey, if you want to play that game....you offer MK, I'll raise you Hereford (5-0 vs bottom of the league)...

Let's just call it a draw eh!

Edited by boundaryblue80

And the cream on the cake "Shez never did that"...hey, if you want to play that game....you offer MK, I'll raise you Hereford (5-0 vs bottom of the league)...

Let's just call it a draw eh!

but when he got us into a playoff position we bottled it, at home to bottom of the league (MKDons). Shez never did that.

but when he got us into a playoff position we bottled it, at home to bottom of the league (MKDons). Shez never did that.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I would have thought that Tommy Wright would have had more to do with the player's fitness.

The buck stopped with Sheriden. If he saw an unfit player or players, then it was part of his managerial brief to rectify it. Wright was there to follow Sheriden's instructions.

The buck stopped with Sheriden. If he saw an unfit player or players, then it was part of his managerial brief to rectify it. Wright was there to follow Sheriden's instructions.

Last week Big Joe said there was no problem with the players fitness.

A few weeks ago people on here were congratulating the squad on their fitness. It was based on that statistic of not conceding after 70 minutes or something....

Fitness is just another easy thing for fans to spout off about when results turn poor, like motivation is. :sleeping: