Through some bad times lately....

For me, Kevin Maher has been one of the very very few stand out players recently. Setting up chances from corners, a few assists too and also scoring last Sat...didn't understand his omission today. Only thing I could think of is that in Joes all-out 4-3-3, he wanted more of an attacking player. In that case, I would've benched badly out of form (to be kind) Allott and played Maher instead. We've missed Hazell a lot over last two games and felt Maher added to the loss today. Reckon Maher and Westlake will be the future in the middle. Not Tues, obviously coz Westlake can't play but the two could be together in future games. Allott's on borrowed time unless he finds a forward pass and rekindles last seasons flame.

Edited by boundaryblue80

For me, Kevin Maher has been one of the very very few stand out players recently. Setting up chances from corners, a few assists too and also scoring last Sat...didn't understand his omission today. Only thing I could think of is that in Joes all-out 4-3-3, he wanted more of an attacking player. In that case, I would've benched badly out of form (to be kind) Allott and played Maher instead. We've missed Hazell a lot over last two games and felt Maher added to the loss today. Reckon Maher and Westlake will be the future in the middle. Not Tues, obviously coz Westlake can't play but the two could be together in future games. Allott's on borrowed time unless he finds a forward pass and rekindles last seasons flame.

didnt think we missed hazel today, thought stam was very good today until a mad five minutes and i need to see the replay but if gregan and eardley hadnt of backed off 10 yards then stam wouldnt of felt the need to commit the tackle for the pen (from where i was it looked shocking)

maher instead if whitts for me who was a passenger.......again

Edited by palmer1

didnt think we missed hazel today, thought stam was very good today until a mad five minutes and i need to see the replay but if gregan and eardley hadnt of backed off 10 yards then stam wouldnt of felt the need to commit the tackle for the pen (from where i was it looked shocking)

maher instead if whitts for me who was a passenger.......again

Got to agree about Stam...said to my mate I felt he'd done well and then he made 2 calamatous tackles. But for me, Hazell has been player of the season and we sorely missed him last week. Today...well for me, Gregan had a shocker (first one since Xmas for me) and Hazell usually covers up for him when he Greeg "has one"...Stam didn't (and shouldn't be asked to do to be fair.) Now Stams got himself sent off, Hazell will slip in back in and we'll go from there. But Hazell offers more calm at the back than Gregan or Stam and calmness is what we've missed lately I feel.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Got to agree about Stam...said to my mate I felt he'd done well and then he made 2 calamatous tackles. But for me, Hazell has been player of the season and we sorely missed him last week. Today...well for me, Gregan had a shocker (first one since Xmas for me) and Hazell usually covers up for him when he Greeg "has one"...Stam didn't (and shouldn't be asked to do to be fair.) Now Stams got himself sent off, Hazell will slip in back in and we'll go from there. But Hazell offers more calm at the back than Gregan or Stam and calmness is what we've missed lately I feel.

hazell has been our best defender this season, but has been poor for a few weeks now, hopefully the break has done him good and he comes back focused on tuesday (?) ............he is not as good as people makre out though ala trotman, thats another or a past debate

i have defended gregan alot over this season but today savage who in the past has been in greegs pocket, made him look a muppet at times and maybe its harsh but he is done at this level if we want to move on as a team.... he looke shagged ater 30 mins

hazell has been our best defender this season, but has been poor for a few weeks now, hopefully the break has done him good and he comes back focused on tuesday (?) ............he is not as good as people makre out though ala trotman, thats another or a past debate

i have defended gregan alot over this season but today savage who in the past has been in greegs pocket, made him look a muppet at times and maybe its harsh but he is done at this level if we want to move on as a team.... he looke shagged ater 30 mins

For me, Gregans been happy to see out his career at this level for a while. He's on my list of "really want to go up??????" players.

As for Hazell, he's not your world beater but he's solid. For me, he's only dropped one real clanger, the one vs Colchester. The Yeovil one was Fleming for coming flying out way too far when Hazell had it dealt with and that led to him knocking it past Greg who has a tendancy to fly out. Hazell is the first name on the teamsheet for me, as is probably yourself and I'd say the only thing that's maybe has held him back has been sitting on that 9th booking. Now that's gone, he doesn't have to worry about overcooking it and getting a yellow.

For me, Gregans been happy to see out his career at this level for a while. He's on my list of "really want to go up??????" players.

As for Hazell, he's not your world beater but he's solid. For me, he's only dropped one real clanger, the one vs Colchester. The Yeovil one was Fleming for coming flying out way too far when Hazell had it dealt with and that led to him knocking it past Greg who has a tendancy to fly out. Hazell is the first name on the teamsheet for me, as is probably yourself and I'd say the only thing that's maybe has held him back has been sitting on that 9th booking. Now that's gone, he doesn't have to worry about overcooking it and getting a yellow.

thats a good point , maybe he has held back a little over the last few weeks but i am also of the view that gregan gets alot of abuse for mistakes (goals conceded or not)when rubes has been caught out of position...everyone has their faves no matter what

as for really wanting to go up, i think thats well off the mark with any proffesional, if we go up up he may not stay but who in our leagur would not want a guy who is everpresent-ish in a promotion team...not to mention the bonus he would pick up

who was the watford centre half that did 3 years on the trot?

Allott's on borrowed time unless he finds a forward pass and rekindles last seasons flame.

You make it sound like Allott has ever had a forward pass. He doesn't. He gave 100% in a crap team last season. Our midfield is poor

Allott came from Chesterfield - Relegated to League Two

Whitaker came from Port Vale - Relegated to League Two

Maher might as well have come from Gillingham - Relegated to League Two

Westlake came from Cheltenham - As good as relegated to League Two.

That says it all about our central midfielders. We need quality central midfielders. Players who will move forward with the ball, players who aren't afraid when in possession.

You make it sound like Allott has ever had a forward pass. He doesn't. He gave 100% in a crap team last season. Our midfield is poor

Allott came from Chesterfield - Relegated to League Two

Maher might as well have come from Gillingham - Relegated to League Two

Westlake came from Cheltenham - As good as relegated to League Two.

That says it all about our central midfielders. We need quality central midfielders. Players who will move forward with the ball, players who aren't afraid when in possession.

I don't think you can claim a player's crap because of where they were last - where did Rubes come from? lots of factors in why a player goes out on loan

Allott came from Chesterfield - Relegated to League Two AND SNAPPED BACK UP AT LEAGUE ONE, NEVER PLAYED LOWER

Maher might as well have come from Gillingham - Relegated to League Two CAPTAIN. NEVER LOWER THAN THIS.

Westlake came from Cheltenham - As good as relegated to League Two. LOWEST HES EVER BEEN. 25 YEARS OLD, WOULD BE A COUP TO KEEP HIM PROMOTION OR NOT

as for whitts, hes shown some good stuff, earned some points. started ok yesterday, but faded due to lack of match practise due to lack of a reser..

as for whitts, hes shown some good stuff, earned some points. started ok yesterday, but faded due to lack of match practise due to lack of a reser..

whitts did his usual 20 min cameo,then went hiding for rest of the game...he is garbage and shouldnt play

allott living on last seasons performances,is the first to admit himself this season has been a struggle,he does try and does run and puts effort in,but his head does go down when we need him to be up.

maher is a very decent holding midfielder at this level,often given 2 or 3 games then dropped for no apparent reason.

westlake....wasnt the greatest of debuts...but dont see how you can have a go at him after one game,he is a good combatative midfielder that likes to get forward when given the chance,im expecting good things from him in the next 8 games.

lets be fair,midfield has been a roblem for 2 years now,and nothing has been done about it,not a lot can be done at this stage of a season,but i bet its sorted next season.