Jade Goody - Rest In Peace

boboafc

The star died in her sleep at 3.55am, her publicist Max Clifford said.

Her mother Jackiey Budden told Mr Clifford: "My beautiful girl is gone."

She later stood outside her home and asked for privacy as friends and family grieved the news.

The 27-year-old's body was taken from the home at shortly after 8am. ...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She later stood outside her home and asked for privacy as friends and family grieved the news.

I can't say I particularly liked the girl.

I can't say I particularly supported her decision to effectively die on telly.

But what I saw of those slightly crass programmes (wife's choice of viewing, not mine) actually showed a young woman who carried herself and her children through a haunting experience with a great deal of dignity.

And to paraphrase Jade Goody's justification for "selling her dying weeks" - "I don't want my kids to grow up thick like me. I want them to have the money to buy a proper education". As a parent, she couldn't have left them with anything better.

While I know it's different cancers, it makes the pink shirt thing and the loss of Ernie even more poignant.

And to paraphrase Jade Goody's justification for "selling her dying weeks" - "I don't want my kids to grow up thick like me. I want them to have the money to buy a proper education". As a parent, she couldn't have left them with anything better.

That's the only good thing she's said whilst being in the spotlight.

I dont understand the mass hysteria surrounding her. Particularly all the people who think they're connected to her in some way because they've seen her on the tele for years and are blubbing like babies and saying rest in peace. You dont know her from adam, nor know anyone emotionally connected to her close family.

There are similar stories happening on a daily basis. I wouldnt expect anyone to say R.I.P to any of these unless they personally know the person or someone closely connected to them who's mourning.

Let's be honest. She's not done an awful lot - she's been on the screens what? 7 years or so and it's only the past few months she's shown any real dignity and anything worth feeling sorry about. She came onto our tv's, flashed her bits and made herself look a fool from the start. Gave someone called PJ a BJ and then proceeded to spout a load of racist remarks at an Indian contestant on the 'celebrity' show. A great role model and someone who should of been kept in the media spotlight? Not a chance, but that's the world we live in when it comes to the media.

It's only when she went on the Indian big brother, got informed of her news, then told everyone she had cancer that everyone's sheep like opinion seemed to change of her over night.

It's her kid's I feel sorry for. Though her somehow keeping in the spotlight is going to see them educated enough to have a decent start in life.

That's the only good thing she's said whilst being in the spotlight.

I dont understand the mass hysteria surrounding her. Particularly all the people who think they're connected to her in some way because they've seen her on the tele for years and are blubbing like babies and saying rest in peace. You dont know her from adam, nor know anyone emotionally connected to her close family.

There are similar stories happening on a daily basis. I wouldnt expect anyone to say R.I.P to any of these unless they personally know the person or someone closely connected to them who's mourning.

Let's be honest. She's not done an awful lot - she's been on the screens what? 7 years or so and it's only the past few months she's shown any real dignity and anything worth feeling sorry about. She came onto our tv's, flashed her bits and made herself look a fool from the start. Gave someone called PJ a BJ and then proceeded to spout a load of racist remarks at an Indian contestant on the 'celebrity' show. A great role model and someone who should of been kept in the media spotlight? Not a chance, but that's the world we live in when it comes to the media.

It's only when she went on the Indian big brother, got informed of her news, then told everyone she had cancer that everyone's sheep like opinion seemed to change of her over night.

It's her kid's I feel sorry for. Though her somehow keeping in the spotlight is going to see them educated enough to have a decent start in life.

I'm sure there is no-one who posts on here who hasn't been affected by this terrible illness and all of us have lost someone dear to us but I'm sure I am not the only that is thinking thank God the freak show is over. As tragic as her case is we've had it rammed down our throats for months. Top news story? Disgusting! Rest in peace Jade, my heart goes out to your two boys. Now the sun will have to find something else for it's readers to follow around like sheep.

She was the queen of all our hearts.

Not mine!!!

Time for a reality check, methinks.

I feel for all people who contract cancer, but my sympathy stretches over a considerable range.

If she hadn't got cancer, then she would have carried on spouting her illiterate, racist diatribe to trouser more money from magazines and television companies who wanted a 'gob'. Her saving grace in my opinion was to highlight the NHS penny-pinching policies regarding cancer-screening.

There! I've said my bit!

Now, please let it go!

She wasn't a Princess Diana and I didn't have much time for her either.

So just please form an orderly queue should you think I'm a miserable bastard or other terms of endearment.

Not mine!!!

Time for a reality check, methinks.

I feel for all people who contract cancer, but my sympathy stretches over a considerable range.

If she hadn't got cancer, then she would have carried on spouting her illiterate, racist diatribe to trouser more money from magazines and television companies who wanted a 'gob'. Her saving grace in my opinion was to highlight the NHS penny-pinching policies regarding cancer-screening.

There! I've said my bit!

Now, please let it go!

She wasn't a Princess Diana and I didn't have much time for her either.

So just please form an orderly queue should you think I'm a miserable bastard or other terms of endearment.

Erm, it was a tongue in cheek quote touching on the mass sympathy and hypocrasy shown by the masses when prior to falling ill they loved to point and giggle at her through the tabloids. I couldn't give two hoots about her myself.

Erm, it was a tongue in cheek quote touching on the mass sympathy and hypocrasy shown by the masses when prior to falling ill they loved to point and giggle at her through the tabloids. I couldn't give two hoots about her myself.

Apologies for that!!! :grin:

I'm with you on the nonsense printed and the TV/radio ball ox spoken.

Compare the media coverage of Goody with Jane Tomlinson who died a couple of years ago who from the moment she was told her cancer was terminal, set about fundraising and raising over £1.5 million. Never complained for herself and fully deserved all the accolades given. But with less than 10% media coverage on her death than Goody has received.

Don't really have an opinion on Jade Goody, though I think the fact that figures of women aged 25-35 going for smear tests have shown a 21% upturn (according to BBC News24 yesterday) since she was diagnosed as having cervical cancer, is a very good thing.

However - Max Clifford - what an odious :censored: turd you really are! :angry:

Don't really have an opinion on Jade Goody, though I think the fact that figures of women aged 25-35 going for smear tests have shown a 21% upturn (according to BBC News24 yesterday) since she was diagnosed as having cervical cancer, is a very good thing.

It's pretty uncomfortable, undignified and downright nasty what they go through to have a smear test, but at the same time absolutely essential for women to have them. My girlfriend had 'abnormal' cells show up on her last test, which is OK as they are monitored now so if anything happens it's caught and treated early with usually good success. I'm just glad she did go for the tests in the first place really.

Yeah, I found the whole media circus horrible, but it has raised a level of awareness and I suppose as odious as Jade Goody was, she did have a connection with a lot of women (who no doubt were slagging her off constantly beforehand). I guess it's just life with the general public, and the sad fact is :censored: 'news' sells fast. I just found the whole thing galling to the extreme.

I think all those that have made nasty comments about Jade Goody need to remember - This was an uneducated girl who came from a deprived area and did not have the best of upbringings - She was not clever enough to think before she opened her mouth. Due to that she was bigged up by the press and used as a bit of a media puppet.

You can imadgine the scene in an editors office ''Bugga not really enough to fill the paper, John get down and find Jade Goody and see if you can bait her a little or get her pissed, her and that cranky mother of hers are bound to say some bollox that we can fill a few columns with, Oh and dont forget to Jimmy vandal with ya, get him to gob at her nutta boyfriend we might get a few pics of him waving a stick or a golf club, hes snaps if you say anything''

I dont think Jade realised for a second just what a media circus she was stepping into when she went into BB back in 2000. The gutter press found their prey but truth is Jade at the end of the day made her fortune through it and became the most well know BB contestant after Nasty Nick. Just how many BB contestants can you name that have done anything much since with the exception of a builder who had a bit part in a DIY series ?

She also through her silly ignorant racist attack put Ms Shipla Shetty in the spotlight - How many of us had heard of her before that ? - I bet Ms Shipla could not be happier at being the brunt of a racist attack from JG

Well Jade has done more for smear testing than has probably been ever done before, She has also secured her kids education and made sure they are financially secure. Not bad at all for someone who has passed away before 30th Birthday

There are one hell of a lot worse people in this country than Jade Goody - The illiterate girl from the bad side of town did good and if she could read some of these posts I bet shed be putting the finger up, laughing and turning on her heels knowing that whatever she did in her life she certainly made her mark and gave a lot of people a lot to think about

RIP Jade - You did good :)

I think all those that have made nasty comments about Jade Goody need to remember - This was an uneducated girl who came from a deprived area and did not have the best of upbringings - She was not clever enough to think before she opened her mouth. Due to that she was bigged up by the press and used as a bit of a media puppet.

You can imadgine the scene in an editors office ''Bugga not really enough to fill the paper, John get down and find Jade Goody and see if you can bait her a little or get her pissed, her and that cranky mother of hers are bound to say some bollox that we can fill a few columns with, Oh and dont forget to Jimmy vandal with ya, get him to gob at her nutta boyfriend we might get a few pics of him waving a stick or a golf club, hes snaps if you say anything''

I dont think Jade realised for a second just what a media circus she was stepping into when she went into BB back in 2000. The gutter press found their prey but truth is Jade at the end of the day made her fortune through it and became the most well know BB contestant after Nasty Nick. Just how many BB contestants can you name that have done anything much since with the exception of a builder who had a bit part in a DIY series ?

She also through her silly ignorant racist attack put Ms Shipla Shetty in the spotlight - How many of us had heard of her before that ? - I bet Ms Shipla could not be happier at being the brunt of a racist attack from JG

Well Jade has done more for smear testing than has probably been ever done before, She has also secured her kids education and made sure they are financially secure. Not bad at all for someone who has passed away before 30th Birthday

There are one hell of a lot worse people in this country than Jade Goody - The illiterate girl from the bad side of town did good and if she could read some of these posts I bet shed be putting the finger up, laughing and turning on her heels knowing that whatever she did in her life she certainly made her mark and gave a lot of people a lot to think about

ditto

I agree with a lot of that. People are all too quick to judge. Didn't particularly like her myself, but I see why she was like she was, with respect to her upbringing, etc. And I can't believe people are criticising her doing everything she can to make sure her lads could have a better life by 'cashing in'. Weighing up her own privacy and dignity when she was in pain and about to die..... no - she decided to forego that for her kids. I'd say that's admirable.

Edited by maddog

Princess Diana was something special ,loved by all

She was a coke-head town bike.

Can't blame Jade for trying to make the money for her kids, but I do blame the papers for going along with it. Maybe we can have some real news on the papers now instead.

I dont think so!

Sorry for her family but the "Queens" are ...The young women I feel sorry for are those with no support, financial or otherwise who have young families and suffer the same cruel disease as Jade. With relatives/loved ones picking up the problems.

Some might not like it but Jade was foul mouthed and talentless, the fact she made money from it ....well says a lot about TV and the tabloids.

Jane Tomlinson....dignity, effort, passion.

Erm, you've not read the whole thread have you? It was a tongue in cheek comment about the hypocr.... oh forget it.

I think that's the big irony about Big Brother. That the most notable fame-hungry attention craving gopher contestent to come out of it all was Jade Goody.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

:censored: it.

she prostituted herself as being a "contestant on big brother"

anyone got a problem with my word "prositituted"?

mmmm

she sold herself to be in your heads and minds.

way way before the cancer diagnosis.

the..

she carried on....

shewas an awful person.who sold her soul to tv.

lots of FAR MORE important people die every day..she isnt "important"....she was a mum to the kids she's left...and hopefully they will learn from this...and i honestly hope they really do respect a world of good.

the scummiest thing about all of this this the fact everyone was cashing in as was happing in/as it as now happened.

her "pr" who turned up at the last min...£££££££££££...

she was a nowter.......

the scum paper slapped her 2 years ago as a racist.......now she's a darling??????

i respect anyone who thinks she was working class done good..

respect lots of others who thinks quite the opposite.

sorry for spelling/etc mistakes...hate laptops.

Edited by johnny punkster