Jade Goody - Rest In Peace

boboafc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am biting my tongue, I am finding more and more that my opinions are out of step with a large number of people and I think I had better keep them to myself.

I will say though that it is a shame for the kids although it could and probably will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I hope that Tweed is sent down for his crimes and that the law of the land isn't waived so he can attend the funeral. Strongly disagree that she was "working class done good" - this usually implies that someone achieved something.

Can't resist agreeing with LL that Lady Dead was a tart but then again, anyone who spends time with the regal inbreds is going to come out damaged. Her biggest crime was to breed outside of the royal circles but once she had given Charles one son it doesn't really matter where the "spare" comes from. Still don't understand why they didn't let Harry Spencer-Hewitt go and serve in Iraq, could've solved a problem for them.

So in a nutshell

Jade Goody DID bring smear tests to the fore didnt she? Now Kookie if by doing that she gets it all splashed over the media and by her ever so public dying wakes people up then its all good isnt.

Just when was the last time you had your prostrate checked, or had a full medical?

And lets be honest - If you could give up your job and make as much money she has in so short a space of time you would damn well do it.

No one said she was a messiah but its nice to leave your mark when you go....If you or I went tommorow then aside from friends or family who the :censored: is gonna care or even know you existed ... Just what have YOU done that has made such an impact on life in Britain ?

What is your problem with her?

Is it she appeared stupid? - Shes left a lot more than you or I will

Is it that you think everyone who hasnt had a smear test is a :censored: ? -- A lot more will now thanks to her and that has to be good

You picked up those mags and read them - You read about JG ......Guess what ? You had a :censored: choice, no one asked you to read them, I cant stand Peter freaking Andre and freaking katie what size should I have my tits this week Price ...so If they come on telly I turn the thing over and I dont buy mags with them in it.

Now just think ...If you had just picked up national Geographic instead you could have had a rant about the effect on the Pataguwana Tribe in Central America of deforestation and the the destruction of primeval habitats.

Instead you picked up Celebrity Waffle weekly -- Your mistake :crackpot:

Edited by Markoasis
swearing

A problem has developed here people, and I'll tell you what it is.

I've just got back from having my claws sharpened and whilst in the waiting room, I read the latest copy of one of those celebrity womens magazines, you know the ones - they feature articles such like: "I'm a fat biffer and nobody loves me", "My husband run away with my dog", and "I'm allergic to work" and so-on and so forth...

Well, in this :censored:ing :censored:piece of a magazine the pages are chocked full of tributes and fanmail and obituaries and yadda yadda yadda all about our new messiah: Jade.

Page after page of "Jade did this" and "Jade did that" - and I'm thinking Jade did a lot y'know? She did a great deal...

Yes she did.

FOR ALL THE CRETINS AND THE :censored:NUTS OUT THERE!

Here are some examples: some tart from Sevenoaks - a "Nail Technician" no less, and I quote "I had put off a smear test for over six years until Jade raised my awareness" - some other trash from Yorkshire: "I had my first smear thanks to Jade".

Yeah Jade well :censored:ing done.

These idiots who have put off a major medical examination because they couldn't be bothered are now attributing their "raising of awareness" to Jade.

And here's the problem. Now I'm the kind of cat that likes to give people the benefit of the doubt, live and let live is what I say! Each to their own and what have you. But we have broken a cycle here people. The gene pool has now got to soak up all these :censored:wits who otherwise would've expired because they are too lazy and ignorant to take the test in the first place.

Thanks Jade, thank you very much.

:lol:

Small number of apathetic people finally do once something they should have been doing. They'll go back to their "can't be arsed" lifestyles soon enough. It is the nature of the beast. So don't worry yourself there.

They haven't really brought up why she had cancer, so they're still probably smoking themselves to death right now...

Most medical reports published suggest smear tests for young girls (the only people who are bothered by this Jade individual it seems) are more harmful than the possible outcomes of not having one, anyone who looks into the matter (or listens to the real media, not SKY3 documentarys, the Sun and Now magazine) would know this.

I have never met Jade and she has taken no positive actions in her life that have affected me, nor does this PR/smear test campaign have any positive effect on the society in which will live, perhaps probably more likely the opposite. I'm not in any way bothered about her death, and the few times I saw her on TV I thought she was repulsive in every single way, but as for anyone who loses a friend/family member I feel for her family, but not for long.

There is a reason why the smear campaign starts at 25- it because although it is useful for picking up cancer its also very good at picking problems which look like cancer but aren't so yet more tests have to be done (so a fair few false positives but very little false negatives). The test isn't instantaneous either it takes a week (at least) to get the results back (although an experienced smearer will know if something doesn't look right) and creates a syndrome called the worried well where people are overly anxious about the results of the test (causing them to become ill) when the test is neagtive. Cervcial cancer is in almost all cases caused by the HPV virus and almsot all of these are the result of sexual transmitted infection. So its is very, very rare for virgins to get cervical cancer (although it does happen). Someone who is happy to give a guy a blow-job on live TV probably had sex before she was 16 (and is the sort of person who doesn't turn up for smear tests when first called). If more of the same sort of people (i.e. those who loose their virginity before 16 and don't turn up for routine tests) turn up for a test then Jade's death might have done something. Personally the smear campaign should remain at 25 but if you are the sort of female who slept around a bit or had sex young in life then I'd suggest you turn up earlier (some docs might turn you away but most wouldn't especially if you explain the circumstances).

Oh yes and before I forget there is a vaccine to HPV (which as I mentioned earlier causes almost all cervical cancers) so maybe just maybe the media should be doing more to promote the uptake of that as opposed to getting people to blab about how they now go for a smear thanks to Jade.

Cervcial cancer is in almost all cases caused by the HPV virus and almsot all of these are the result of sexual transmitted infection. So its is very, very rare for virgins to get cervical cancer (although it does happen). Someone who is happy to give a guy a blow-job on live TV probably had sex before she was 16 (and is the sort of person who doesn't turn up for smear tests when first called). If more of the same sort of people (i.e. those who loose their virginity before 16 and don't turn up for routine tests) turn up for a test then Jade's death might have done something. Personally the smear campaign should remain at 25 but if you are the sort of female who slept around a bit or had sex young in life then I'd suggest you turn up earlier (some docs might turn you away but most wouldn't especially if you explain the circumstances).

I'd be interested to hear how your 'professional' opinion would change if underage sex / many sexual partners / having sex at all led to an increased chance of getting testicular cancer.

Although, I guess that wouldn't be a worry to you.

Oh for the love of God! Just heard that Jade's husband is on the front of Ok! magazine with a story about how he leaves the bedroom window open at night so she can "come home". She's dead you :censored:wit, she hasn't taken up burglary!

Watch him die of pneumonia now...

I'd be interested to hear how your 'professional' opinion would change if underage sex / many sexual partners / having sex at all led to an increased chance of getting testicular cancer.

Although, I guess that wouldn't be a worry to you.

Am I missing something here? Because that post sounds like its bordering on the abusive. Do you have a point?

Am I missing something here? Because that post sounds like its bordering on the abusive. Do you have a point?

I will say that when I read your post the first time I did think it had something of the, "Victorian Father," about it. They only have cancer because they are sluts, basically. Almost as if they are asking for it? It really isn't your place as someone who will be over-paid to work in the health service to think it your right to make moral judgements on those you are over-paid to treat.

I will say that when I read your post the first time I did think it had something of the, "Victorian Father," about it. They only have cancer because they are sluts, basically. Almost as if they are asking for it? It really isn't your place as someone who will be over-paid to work in the health service to think it your right to make moral judgements on those you are over-paid to treat.

I presume you have since re-read my post and get what I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to be moralistic about it. Its a simple fact that having sex earlier (due to something about the virus liking young cervixes) and having sex with quite a few men increases your risk of contracting that particular cancer. Its the same as if you drank like a fish and ended up having liver disease. If I was whiter than white, having never smoked, never drank etc. then I could see your point that I was being moralistic but I've not done that so it would be highly hypocritical for me to make moral judgements on the morals of the population. I'll not comment too much on your jibe about my future salary (I hope) because we had this discussion sometime ago and I accept that your points are valid

That'll do. If there's a point to be made here, it won't be achieved by discussing peoples salaries. Non-sequitur.

I presume you have since re-read my post and get what I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to be moralistic about it. Its a simple fact that having sex earlier (due to something about the virus liking young cervixes) and having sex with quite a few men increases your risk of contracting that particular cancer. Its the same as if you drank like a fish and ended up having liver disease. If I was whiter than white, having never smoked, never drank etc. then I could see your point that I was being moralistic but I've not done that so it would be highly hypocritical for me to make moral judgements on the morals of the population. I'll not comment too much on your jibe about my future salary (I hope) because we had this discussion sometime ago and I accept that your points are valid

Oh come on!!! You can not keep setting up someone with my Finbar Saundersesque mind like that! It is rarely out of the gutter as it is.

There is a reason why the smear campaign starts at 25- it because although it is useful for picking up cancer its also very good at picking problems which look like cancer but aren't so yet more tests have to be done (so a fair few false positives but very little false negatives). The test isn't instantaneous either it takes a week (at least) to get the results back (although an experienced smearer will know if something doesn't look right) and creates a syndrome called the worried well where people are overly anxious about the results of the test (causing them to become ill) when the test is neagtive. Cervcial cancer is in almost all cases caused by the HPV virus and almsot all of these are the result of sexual transmitted infection. So its is very, very rare for virgins to get cervical cancer (although it does happen). Someone who is happy to give a guy a blow-job on live TV probably had sex before she was 16 (and is the sort of person who doesn't turn up for smear tests when first called). If more of the same sort of people (i.e. those who loose their virginity before 16 and don't turn up for routine tests) turn up for a test then Jade's death might have done something. Personally the smear campaign should remain at 25 but if you are the sort of female who slept around a bit or had sex young in life then I'd suggest you turn up earlier (some docs might turn you away but most wouldn't especially if you explain the circumstances).

Oh yes and before I forget there is a vaccine to HPV (which as I mentioned earlier causes almost all cervical cancers) so maybe just maybe the media should be doing more to promote the uptake of that as opposed to getting people to blab about how they now go for a smear thanks to Jade.

here here