Depressing

I left yesterdays game feeling as sad (thats the right word) as I ever have done on leaving a game. Not angry, not frustrated, but sad. I looked over at Big Joe and thought. "I' dont wanna remember this" I was only young, but I still was at latics games under big joe. Home and away. Big Joe took me to Wembleyt twice, allowed me to give grief to United fans (At primary school) after we beat em and I can remember games like Scarborough, Brighton, Chelsea where we hammered teams.

I dont want to remember Big Joe with that lot. Seriously consiering not going the rest of this season. Honestly - it kinda upset me.

I left yesterdays game feeling as sad (thats the right word) as I ever have done on leaving a game. Not angry, not frustrated, but sad. I looked over at Big Joe and thought. "I' dont wanna remember this" I was only young, but I still was at latics games under big joe. Home and away. Big Joe took me to Wembleyt twice, allowed me to give grief to United fans (At primary school) after we beat em and I can remember games like Scarborough, Brighton, Chelsea where we hammered teams.

I dont want to remember Big Joe with that lot. Seriously consiering not going the rest of this season. Honestly - it kinda upset me.

I had similar feelings - yesterday was my all round worst experience at BP.

However having slept on it I have regained a touch of optimism. IF we can beat Cheltenham and Leyton Orient this week, which is a tall order, we might just get ourselves back in the frame with 6 games to go.

:pray::wacko:

I want to see Joe Royle deliver the miracle, but it was always going to be a big ask.

It will typically take a new manager half a dozen games to get a proper feel for how his side react to his tactics and motivation and during that time he has to tinker.

If we show signs of improvement during the next few games, perhaps winning the last 3 or 4, but miss out on the play-offs, we know it won't be Joe Royle's fault. (I'd put the responsibility on Shez, others would say it's those who remove Shez from role, either way, we are where we are).

In the scenario mentioned above, I'd offer Royle the job permanently. If it really doesn't improve between now and season end, my mind still closes in on Jim Gannon. Who led his side to an apparently inept drubbing at lowly Northampton yesterday!

I had similar feelings - yesterday was my all round worst experience at BP.

However having slept on it I have regained a touch of optimism. IF we can beat Cheltenham and Leyton Orient this week, which is a tall order, we might just get ourselves back in the frame with 6 games to go.

:pray::wacko:

IF, IF, IF, that must be the most commonly used word on this site...Face it, our playoff dreams are well and truly over.

IF we couldn't get motivated for yesterday's game then forget it...we will need to win at least 5 or possibly 6 out of the last 8 games to have a chance of the playoffs and we've only won 4 since Christmas.

I think that put's it into perspective...It's NOT going to happen!!!!

i said this could happen and i was right

IF, IF, IF, that must be the most commonly used word on this site...Face it, our playoff dreams are well and truly over.

IF we couldn't get motivated for yesterday's game then forget it...we will need to win at least 5 or possibly 6 out of the last 8 games to have a chance of the playoffs and we've only won 4 since Christmas.

I think that put's it into perspective...It's NOT going to happen!!!!

I reckon motivation is the most commonly used word on this site.

People like you seem to think it is the sole factor in a teams level of performance.

:sleeping:

I reckon motivation is the most commonly used word on this site.

People like you seem to think it is the sole factor in a teams level of performance.

:sleeping:

There are a lot of factors that determine a teams level of performance but I would say apart from having the nesscesary skill, desire and motivation would be pretty high on anybody's list of requirements don't you think?

It's been well documented that Jim Gannon is fed up at County

What chance royle till the end of the season then gannon takes over in the summer............ Im not keen on Gannon to be honest but it seems other are could be at the back off tta's minds

There are a lot of factors that determine a teams level of performance but I would say apart from having the nesscesary skill, desire and motivation would be pretty high on anybody's list of requirements don't you think?

Yes I do - did I somehow suggest otherwise?

To go against the general consensus on here I actually think the players looked up for it yesterday. Motivation is the easy thing to bleat about following a bad result.

Yes I do - did I somehow suggest otherwise?

To go against the general consensus on here I actually think the players looked up for it yesterday. Motivation is the easy thing to bleat about following a bad result.

We certainly weren't up for it as much as Tranmere and after they scored our heads went down almost straight away.

Some of our players seem to think they can stroll around, play pretty football, and everything will come good but it isn't like that and a bit more application and effort is what's required...or are we just plain crap!!

To go against the general consensus on here I actually think the players looked up for it yesterday.

They did, but they ran out of steam.

2-2 would have been a fair half time score.

The problem is they seemed bereft of ideas, and solving that is going to be Joe's biggest problem. They've been bereft of ideas for too long and changing that instantly is asking a hell of a lot.

There are always the tangibles - tactics, game plan and personnel.

Then there are those things that are harder to guage - attitude, motivation and belief. Footballers with the right chunks of these can achieve more than those blessed with a natural talent and a piss poor approach to the way they go about things.

But if we are going to hoof it up to the front pair as much as we did yesterday (while on the whole our opponents kept it on the deck rather well) we need a target man. Kabba, Hughes and Alessandra don't fit the bill.

Edited by opinions4u

The problem is they seemed bereft of ideas, and solving that is going to be Joe's biggest problem. They've been bereft of ideas for too long and changing that instantly is asking a hell of a lot.

Then there are those things that are harder to guage - attitude, motivation and belief. Footballers with the right chunks of these can achieve more than those blessed with a natural talent and a piss poor approach to the way they go about things.

But if we are going to hoof it up to the front pair as much as we did yesterday (while on the whole our opponents kept it on the deck rather well) we need a target man. Kabba, Hughes and Alessandra don't fit the bill.

Yep, another decent and worthwhile opinion4me.

We certainly weren't up for it as much as Tranmere and after they scored our heads went down almost straight away.

Some of our players seem to think they can stroll around, play pretty football, and everything will come good but it isn't like that and a bit more application and effort is what's required...or are we just plain crap!!

I don't think motivation was a factor in yesterdays result. So yes, we may be crap! The players just don't seem to have been playing to their strengths recently.

They've been hoofing it up to the likes of Ormerod, Allesandra, Kabba, Hughes, and Byfield nearly all season so they have either been told to play that way or they are a little bit lacking upstairs and opt for the easy option...Getting rid of the ball!!!

They've been hoofing it up to the likes of Ormerod, Allesandra, Kabba, Hughes, and Byfield nearly all season so they have either been told to play that way or they are a little bit lacking upstairs and opt for the easy option...Getting rid of the ball!!!

Yet they were so bloody good when they kept it on the deck at the start of the season!

Yep, another decent and worthwhile opinion4me.

:grin:

What chance royle till the end of the season then gannon takes over in the summer............ Im not keen on Gannon to be honest but it seems other are could be at the back off tta's minds

Maybe that was the idea along. Get bums on seats by appointing Royle then if he fails on the field then get Gannon.

Maybe that was the idea along. Get bums on seats by appointing Royle then if he fails on the field then get Gannon.

I reckon Royle is going to stay as he would guarantee a few extra season tickets and I also reckon he was sounded out before Shez's exit.

There's no way we would have sacked Sheridan without first making enquires as to his successor!