Just seen the goals again.....

1st goal, Gregan was right where the ball was coming, in front of the scorer, but he runs towards the player being marked by allot, misses the ball completely and leave the scorer unmarked with eardley behind the scorer, unable to do anything.

2nd goal eardley and gregan dance around until stam makes a "tackle" (clear pen)

No surprise what daddys boy did, wouldn't we all with what he'd had in his ears all game?

Why were we singing about other teams / players rather than getting behind latics? And why sing "e-i e-i e-i o" when we are losing?

Not to sure myself. If you slow it down, their guys over runs the ball, Stam takes the ball and then their guy goes flying over his leg. I appreciate the Ref doesn't have the benefit of slow motion and if it was the other way round no doubt I'd be appealing for a pen as well. I don't think it's booking though, it's just a mis-timed tackle. Why wasn't the Tranmere player who fouled Taylor in the first half booked when he kicked him from behind just as he was about to shoot? Also what you can't see in the build up to that goal is that Allot looked like he was fouled and the Ref let it go as well.

If your talking about the "foul" on the edge of the area in the first 15 I thought it was a blatent dive and probably the reason why our lad wasn't booked.

As for your fans they were good pre match and then very quiet untill the second half when you finally started to get behind your new manager and team but then we went and scored which kinda ended your vocal support understandably.

Great day for the SWA though

i thought tranmere were sining eieieio

how about gregans backheel on the 18 yard line AND how about the empty heads who cheered it!!! DERRRR id wager they never played much football

God yes, that showboat - "look what I can do" - shame he didn't tell anyone else what he was doing. He's a great individual player, but....

taylor was at fault for the 1st goal, it was the 2nd time on the trot that he let the fullback take his time to cross, he just stood off him

But once the cross was made, it doesn't mean it has to be a goal. Gregan was in the right position to clear it but went foraging towards a player who was never going to get the ball, and then saw the ball clear his head by 12" and drop to the man he had just left.

If your talking about the "foul" on the edge of the area in the first 15 I thought it was a blatent dive and probably the reason why our lad wasn't booked.

As for your fans they were good pre match and then very quiet untill the second half when you finally started to get behind your new manager and team but then we went and scored which kinda ended your vocal support understandably.

Great day for the SWA though

whats that "spanish man of war" song? Heard it in the pub, but could only understand that one line. Asked for a translation but that didnt go down that well. :lol: Did find it funny how you were singing anti manc songs and expecting people to be offended.

As for that first goal. Quality strike. One of the best goals we've seen at BP this season.

Why did he give a free kick then if it was blatant dive? I thought he clipped the back of his legs from behind. Taylor does tend to make a meal of things sometimes but not in that case.

I was baffled how fouling somebody as they are about to shoot didn't warrant a card.

Clearest case of denying a goalscoring opportunity you can get!