I hope that cop gets sent to jail for murder...

boboafc

I know this is slightly off topic, but. I've just seen an article on the BBC News with the woman hit by a police officer during the G20 shenanigans. She says, and I quote, "he could have asked me nicely" when asked by the interviewer about being hit by a police officer. The clip was playing at the time, and she clearly steps out of a line of protesters who are being verbally abusive to the police to shout something inaudible and point aggressively at the police line. And she expects to be "asked politely"!! Get real you stupid bitch! You turned up to a protest (on the second day!!) after seeing on TV that it's kicked off, then abuse a cop and then get smacked and then complain? Sit down. Shut up. :censored: off.

:ranting:

The 2 key words in her story are 'Max' and 'Clifford'.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was fairly clear, from the original footage, that he wasn't just "making his way home". Saying that, the violence used sickened me at the time. Police are often put into awkward situations like this, where they have to make a judgement as to what they should do. I suppose they thought that if flattening the pissed up Millwall bloke would help, it was the right thing to do at the time. They can't ask for your medical records before dealing with you, after all.

This story suggests he wasn't even employed as a paper seller. If I recall correctly, the original statements about his life were quoted in the Daily Mail (so no surprise there then).

"Millwall"...''pissed up"..."wasn't even employed as a paper seller" - what does any of this matter ? The copper went way over the top and needs to be punished. Manslaughtler might seem harsh as I am sure he didn't mean to do the chap serious harm, but when you go throwing your weight (and batons) around like that, these things can happen.

Pliceman aren't allowed to beat people for any of the following behaviour:

Having a history of drunkeness

Being drunk

Being homeless

Being a Millwall fan

Being fat and unfit

Bad manners

Being a current/former newspaper seller

It's scary that people think that they are. People supporting this seem to think that the Police have some sort of filter that means they only hit bad people.

What about for being disruptive and failing to follow police orders during a known riot situation? :blink:

I don't know if the Riot Act had been read, although I suspect that they do have powers to clear the area under the horrific recent legislation. I'd prefer it if they realised that they are themselves legally accountable for their actions, which is what this particular case is all about isn't it? A copper is no more allowed to hit me than I am allowed to hit him unless by some exemption from common law assault (or perhaps now manslaughter). "But he didn't do what I told him," or,"he was in the way," is not good enough. If it is, then the police are above the law and any number of abuses which they are occasionally caught at currently will go unpunished, together with the continued extension of political control and misuse of the force.

horrific recent legislation

How the hell any MP voted for any of that :censored:e that totally undermines the whole point of our unwirtten constitution and democratic society is extraordinary.

When new laws are written, they need to take in to account how any current or future government could abuse them.

I may have been naive for much of my life, believing what Britain had in terms of law and justice was just about the best in the world, but I think I lost that the day I realised we were on the same side that set up Guantanamo Bay.

There may be some bad guys out there.

But we sure as hell aren't the good guys anymore.

"Millwall"...''pissed up"..."wasn't even employed as a paper seller" - what does any of this matter ?

Nothing at all. Just shows how often what is originally reported doesn't actually turn out to be the truth.

The copper went way over the top and needs to be punished. Manslaughtler might seem harsh as I am sure he didn't mean to do the chap serious harm, but when you go throwing your weight (and batons) around like that, these things can happen.

If it is found that the copper went way over the top, I agree. But only one side has been reported so far. None of us know what the situation was even a few yards from where the incident took place.

Pliceman aren't allowed to beat people for any of the following behaviour:

Having a history of drunkeness

Being drunk

Being homeless

Being a Millwall fan

Being fat and unfit

Bad manners

Being a current/former newspaper seller

It's scary that people think that they are. People supporting this seem to think that the Police have some sort of filter that means they only hit bad people.

I don't think that they are. But I believe in helping myself whenever possible, by not being present in such situations in the first place. I certainly wouldn't try to obstruct riot police trying to cope with a disturbance.

• 2 years later...

Seems the dpp were a little hasty to believe the cover story. Doesnt mean there is evidence to convict in a criminal trial though and i suspect that they would have to pull something out of the bag to get a conviction. Interesting that they didnt kettle the crusties last time they were out in london, senior officers worried about what was down the line?

Two things come to mind since Uncle Knobhea....er Bob started this topic:

1) I've seen Bob's facebook page and if the guy who died was Asian, Bob would be cheering.

and

2) A far worse incident happened in 2003. Tom Hurndell was DELIBERATELY shot in the head by an Israeli soldier as he was helping Palestinian children cross a road. This soldier/MURDERER was released after 6 years in prison.

Over to you Bob.

• 4 weeks later...

But he would, wouldn't he? Facts are that the guy was a pisshead

Not a crime.

, who had left his home due to being a pisshead

Not a crime.

, and was living in a hostel (possibly with many pissheads).

Not a crime.

He was clearly pissed when the well publicised incident occurred (and when the less well publicised ones did too).

Also not a crime.

What happened might have been an aggravating factor, but I'd be surprised if his alcoholic history didn't play a part.

I reckon the shove to floor was more than an aggravating factor, and so do three pathologists. Let's see what the judge makes of it.

Of course, it doesn't detract from the tragedy for his family (although I do wonder if compo is uppermost in some of their thoughts), and we should all remember how easy it is to fall into a similar situation.

I'll not be getting any compo but I would like it known among the constabulary of my city that the behaviour of that copper has consequences - and that it attracts harsh reprisals. Me and millions of other Londoners would like that known among the coppers. We'd also like it known that putting seven bullets in someone's head for no good reason is also unacceptable, but you can't win 'em all.

Bob

Would you like to come on here and justify the shooting (some would say murder) of 20 unarmed protestors?

Tough guys, your defence force!!! And crap shots....assuming they followed orders and aimed at their feet!!!

Bob

Would you like to come on here and justify the shooting (some would say murder) of 20 unarmed protestors?

Tough guys, your defence force!!! And crap shots....assuming they followed orders and aimed at their feet!!!

Are these the 20 who where trying to illegally breach borders from a clear enemy state despite many many warnings ? Armed or not... It's a dangerous game they where playing...

Edited by oafc0000

Are these the 20 who where trying to illegally breach borders from a clear enemy state despite many many warnings ? Armed or not... It's a dangerous game they where playing...

These were the now 23 who were planting a flag on Syrian land according to Sky. If they had ventured 1 inch onto the "disputed/ illegally occupied in contravention of several UN mandates" land then IDF would have a case.

These were the now 23 who were planting a flag on Syrian land according to Sky. If they had ventured 1 inch onto the "disputed/ illegally occupied in contravention of several UN mandates" land then IDF would have a case.

The videos I saw clearly showed them running towards the IDF soliders... On Sky News as well... It looked to me as if they where trying to breach the border.

I don't take sides in these silly disputes. Both sides are wankers. But they do have a right to defend their borders... With force if required...

Edited by oafc0000

The videos I saw clearly showed them running towards the IDF soliders... On Sky News as well... It looked to me as if they where trying to breach the border.

I don't take sides in these silly disputes. Both sides are wankers. But they do have a right to defend their borders... With force if required...

I agree with the wankers bit and feel that Netanyahu is just as bad as Hamas, but do you shoot before they cross the line or after...........it's an argumentative point, I know? Also, these are supposed to be trained soldiers firing at feet.

Anyway.....a certain somebody is remaining quiet as usual!!!

I agree with the wankers bit and feel that Netanyahu is just as bad as Hamas, but do you shoot before they cross the line or after...........it's an argumentative point, I know? Also, these are supposed to be trained soldiers firing at feet.

Anyway.....a certain somebody is remaining quiet as usual!!!

I think if someone is "threatening" a border then you can enforce that border... Lets be frank, when we fly half way around the world, drop bombs on kids from 50,000 ft in Iraq etc in the name of the "British" interest that is the same justification....

Its a crap one, but I don't think we should be having one rule for the IDF and one rule for the British Armed Forces...

I don't remember us holding fire until the Germans made it all the way to Buckingham Palace demanding tea with the Queen...

Its only propaganda that makes you view the IDF differently than the BAF. With us being morally superior than the rest of the world *rolls eyes*

Edited by oafc0000

I think if someone is "threatening" a border then you can enforce that border... Lets be frank, when we fly half way around the world, drop bombs on kids from 50,000 ft in Iraq etc in the name of the "British" interest that is the same justification....

Its a crap one, but I don't think we should be having one rule for the IDF and one rule for the British Armed Forces...

I don't remember us holding fire until the Germans made it all the way to Buckingham Palace demanding tea with the Queen...

Its only propaganda that makes you view the IDF differently than the BAF. With us being morally superior than the rest of the world *rolls eyes*

Although I agree with your sentiment regarding this government and it's predecessors' nonsensical "world-policing" foreign policy, I don't think we are talking a comparable situation.

I also don't think you can use Germans and WW2 in this argument either as we were at war.

My problem is with Netanyahu and his hardline policies. The previous Israeli government seemed to be trying to work towards peace by removing some of the newly built developments in the disputed lands as part of a 2 way concession and then along comes Netanyahu to flip any agreement on it's head.

Although I agree with your sentiment regarding this government and it's predecessors' nonsensical "world-policing" foreign policy, I don't think we are talking a comparable situation.

I also don't think you can use Germans and WW2 in this argument either as we were at war.

You can and I will... Its all the use of force to protect your own interests... Just different shades of grey...

My problem is with Netanyahu and his hardline policies. The previous Israeli government seemed to be trying to work towards peace by removing some of the newly built developments in the disputed lands as part of a 2 way concession and then along comes Netanyahu to flip any agreement on it's head.

While the Palestinians choose to elect the ever so liberal Hamas as their representative... Like I said, they are all wankers and cherry picking villains seems silly... Specially using it to have a pop at Bob who lives and breaths the chance of being blown up by people who won't even entertain the right for his country to exist..

They are all wrong and they are all right...

The israelis were miles on the wrong side of the border - which i think is the point the demonstrators were making... Thankfully i think that bit by bit american opinion is coming round to realising that supporting them at all costs and whatever they do is counter to their own interests. I do agree that not many of the players there are exactly lovely but there is only one that claims to have the same standards as civilised countries.