Brentford - Griffin Park

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

How Easy Was It To Find?

Used Sat Nav, wouldnt have had a chance otherwise. 5/10

Car Parking. Was It near? Was It Free? Was It Well Policed/lit?

On the street not far away.

8/10

View. Pillar In The Way?

Pillars like the chaddy end, nothing too bad

7/10

Comfort (seating, leg room, does it have a roof etc)

No leg room, was stood up all game, seats were rubbish.

5/10

Toilets.

Had a pee, no complaints

7/10

Catering (Quality, price, queues)

Wanted food but line was huge, only looked like one person was serving, heard people complainin

5/10

Atmosphere From Home Fans, How Condusive Was The Away End To Creating A Good Atmosphere

None to note from home fans, not suprised considering their position, not as much noise from the 'tics as there has been latley

5/10

Stewards, Policing

Stewerds were idiots at the beginning of the game, jobsworth wouldnt let fans sit down. Otherwise i didnt see any trouble with them

6/10

Pubs, Things To Do Nearby. Is There Much To Do For The Early Arriver At The Site Of The Ground?

Went in the Griffin, will have to do all four next year. Pint was awful, good atmosphere, not too busy (probably because of the four pubs!!) and sky sports news on.

9/10

Overall. Out Of 10, What Do You Feel The Ground Deserves?

I would give it 6/10.

Anything else to offer?

Would have enjoyed the standing end more. Bit of a pain trying to find where to get in!

Edited by sheridans_world

How Easy Was It To Find?

Easy peasey. Knew it was on our right off motorway, saw floodlights, took next exit and doubled back on ourselves

Got there early so parked for free on street in front of 'Pre Booked' car park 1st left after the New Inn

View. Pillar In The Way?

At back of the stand so just the TWO pillars in the way!!

Not too bad, had worse (Northampton for one)

Toilets.

No probs

Arrived 15 minutes before kick-off and the que was amile long so went hungry! (herumph)

Atmosphere From Home Fans, How Condusive Was The Away End To Creating A Good Atmosphere

Never heard home fans, Tics were unusually subdued until 95th minute pen, then it went wild

Stewards, Policing

:ass3: before kick off, seats full, Tics all over the stairs and not one steward moved or tried to help, could have got a bit silly but fortunately Tics fans took down cordoned off bunting to empty seating to avoid a crush

Pubs, Things To Do Nearby. Is There Much To Do For The Early Arriver At The Site Of The Ground?

New Inn was a top oldey worldey pub with Irish Landlord&Landlady, very friendly, pool table unfortunately Stella was Pish poor, bar butties were yummy

5, they are puttng a roof over the terracing behind the goal but much more room for improvement

Anything else to offer?

Always good to watch Tics on the road and have a day out with the boys win, lose or draw

How Easy Was It To Find?

Very easy, saw the floodlights from the 65 bus & hopped off.

Again, got the bus

View. Pillar In The Way?

1 pillar but not too bad

No leg room, ball ache if people wanted to get past

Toilets.

big queues, although I use the term 'queue' loosely

queus looked huge at half time, had a pie before the game which was McDonalds apple pie hot, crumbled at the merest touch, scalding you with its contents & upon eating leaving a sickly sensation in the stomach

Terrible, right polava getting to the seats & the away fans were very subdued throughout! Still put the home fans to shame though!

Stewards, Policing

Idiots, saw fans kicking off with them. Gave us wrong directions to our seats

Griffin, standard pint. Good atmosphere, bbq on outside, top bombing!

5/10

Anything else to offer?

I agree, the standing would have been better

How Easy Was It To Find?

I'd of got lost if i'd of had to use the tube with people who didnt know where to go.

n/a

View. Pillar In The Way?

Pillars, with a view that got worse, the further right you went.

4/10

Stood on the steps as I wasnt sitting in that top right hand corner if they'd paid me.

7/10

Toilets.

No complaints

7/10

Food? You call that food? I'd of been better off asking for a peice of bread. I asked for a Burger. God knows what that I got was. It most certainly wasnt a burger. Overpriced by the usual standard football grounds.

1/10

Could barely hear much, if anything from the brentford fans, even when they scored. Latics fans were quiet for the most part. Not an awful lot to cheer though

3/10

Stewards, Policing

The stewards, and police couldnt deal with a nearly full away end. They shut the gates just after us. Infact if it wasnt for Johnny telling the steward there was only three more of us who needed to get in the away end, then we'd of probably have been thrown straight back out of the ground.

Anonymous after that.

5/10

4 pubs on the four corners of the ground. They were pretty crap to be honest with you. No atmosphere in either of the two we went in. Only highlight was the bloke with the knitted Brentford jumper.

4/10

One of the worst grounds i've been too for everything concerned really.

4/10

Anything else to offer?

Yeah. Let's hope we never have to go back.

How Easy Was It To Find?

I knew the way

n/a

View. Pillar In The Way?

Would have been better if the best-fed stewards in the Football League didn't make a point of standing chatting in front of me a lot of the time.

So-so

Toilets.

Did the job

Appeared to be managed by a gypsy woman and her 19 kids. Running out of pie options 25 minutes into the 1st half. Not cheap. Cheese and Onion pasty was OK, nothing more.

Very poor home turnout, they filled that main stand was year. The away end was crap.

3/10

Stewards, Policing

See above, no other complaints from me.

The New Inn was hospitable as ever. Not as good as last year when for pre-match entertainment they were showing Celtic hand out yet another gubbing the the Hun. Post match had a decent curry down the road. And missed the last Tube home.

How many times have I said I'm never going there again?

Anything else to offer?

It's a hole, at least nobody will be swept out to sea when they re-open the new stand.