BIG JOE

Stevie_J

To my knowledge copyright issues are only a problem if you're maiking money off the thing you're 'copying'.

If a musician uses a sample from someone elses song and puts it on an album they can get in trouble for using it (unless they have gained permission from the concerned artist/label/owner of the songs publishing rights) but if they put the song with the sample up for a free download on myspace or other site, its ok.

I may be wrong, but that was my undertsnding of it couple of yrs ago, so the youtube video might be fine and shouldn't face any problems...PLUS its not like the south park characters are in the Big Joe series, just the cartoon graphic style

Also, how many videos do people put up from channels such as Sky Sports/Comedy Central etc and theres never any problem reported

A youtube series would be brilliant :grin::grin::grin:

Copyright is copyright... if you record the TV and put it online for people to download you're not making money but it's illegal.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copyright is copyright... if you record the TV and put it online for people to download you're not making money but it's illegal.

Yet how many people do it? An its not for download on youtube, its for viewing. I brought the recorded channels example up to highlight how minimal the chances are of any reports of youtube videos would occur.

I'd say none so go for it!

Yet how many people do it? An its not for download on youtube, its for viewing. I brought the recorded channels example up to highlight how minimal the chances are of any reports of youtube videos would occur.

If there is any chance of repercussions it isn't worth the risk, it only takes one person to complain.

4 million people buy class A drugs ..... illegal. Just because people do it doesnt make it all right :grin:

I'm not sure we'd have quite the same artistic licence if this were fostered by the club!

That's true. The whole team could be up in arms by the end of August! Mind you , it will be difficult to do for the new boys (whent hey eventually sign!) We won't get to know them for while!

No pointy man

No Rat boy

No Body of a Temple!

I think Big Gordon might be the focus for a while!

Edited by singe

If there is any chance of repercussions it isn't worth the risk, it only takes one person to complain.

all they'll do is take the videos down...u think trey parker and matt stone will go to court over it?! hahahaha as if.

Er ... no it didnt ... My life is now missing something .... please :grin:

I aware of this, it's just that while we recognise that it was very popular - we needed to break due to life commitments. Unfortunately now we're in the position of thinking "It's been so long, has it lost its impact? Will it be just as funny this time around?" - I'm wondering that it has indeed lost its momentum slightly, and its return may not be as good as the first installments were.

The Law of Diminishing Returns applies, but we'll have to see...

:(

Christ, there's enough material from last season to last us a lifetime. and we've done some more but, I don't know...d'you want to see them? I think we've lost the momentum TBH - there's so much to do back here and It gets me here, right here. I can't give you any excuses for it - there are no excuses. I've been meaning to spend more time on the site recently, but I haven't been too well... things aren't going very well back there. Mark has been put away again, Ackey has had to do double shifts, and then there's pdw's arthiritis and still he works his fingers to the bone - he can barely clutch a crayon. Then there's Zorrro's war wound - but they're good people, and they're kind people, and together we were beginning to get over this dark patch ... there was light at the end of the tunnel . .. now this . .. now this...

*sob*