Film : This Is England

I read somewhere that it is filmed and set in Grimsby.

Quick question... is this the first time it's been shown on council telly or has it been on before?

By the way, I've seen Somers Town. It's a lovely little feature, great acting (again by Thomas Turgoose) and 'just right' at an hour in length. I think his next one is Le Donk (Considine playing the titular roadie for the Arctic Monkeys). Shandy posts quite a lot on his messageboard about future projects in the can.

Paddy's Le Donk character is even funnier if you know the person who the character is (allegedly!!) based on - I suspect ThaiLatic does!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My verdict on This Is England .....''this is :censored:e''

Though one of Shane's other films, Dead Man's Shoes, is awesome.

Can't believe on rottentomatoes.com (usually a good barometer ) This is England got 95% and Dead Mans Shoes only got 55% ??????

My verdict on This Is England .....''this is :censored:e''

Though one of Shane's other films, Dead Man's Shoes, is awesome.

Can't believe on rottentomatoes.com (usually a good barometer ) This is England got 95% and Dead Mans Shoes only got 55% ??????

hear! hear! On both counts. Loved Dead Man's shoes, cant stand This is England. So much that it even makes me angry just thinking about how bad it is.

hear! hear! On both counts. Loved Dead Man's shoes, cant stand This is England. So much that it even makes me angry just thinking about how bad it is.

I didn't think it was awful or anything, but it was nowt special. Dead Man's Shoes is a fantastic film though. Funnily enough I was talking about it with my mate who writes plays (yes, yes, I know) and he said it is one of the most fantastically scripted films he has seen.

I didn't think it was awful or anything, but it was nowt special. Dead Man's Shoes is a fantastic film though. Funnily enough I was talking about it with my mate who writes plays (yes, yes, I know) and he said it is one of the most fantastically scripted films he has seen.

I was disappointed with it. The previous points made about the St George's cross are bang on. And I don't think skinheads were ever that nice. I'm 30 now but can remember when I was a small lad my mum wouldn't go anywhere near the subways in town for fear of bumping into a gang of them.

I might be wrong here cos I was only four in 1982 but my memory is that they were not well dressed or friendly. And there was NF graffiti all over Oldham town centre.

Film aside I suppose the irony is that if I saw someone dressed like that and with a haircut like that today I'd probably presume they were gay.