So then, Chris Hall

Beardy

Chris Halls Future  

28 members have voted

1. 1.

• At BP keep him let him grow
    • Loan him to a lesser non-league team

There is no doubt that he can do some business. He scores well for the reserves and has a couple of goals at the 'higher' level in the FA cup now. I think he needs time and may come good (although I don't know if he could make the step up if/when we get promoted this year).

I think he needs to work on things which have seen Porter stand out this season, which is his aerial ability in the middle third (first to Pog's long kicks, knock on's/down's) his finishing (obviously) and his first touch (which is fantastic), but Hall has shown reasonable skill in all those areas but lacked that step up.

Porter came to us with, IMO, a fantastic first touch, which gives him time to think about the other things he wants to do with the ball - Hall does not have that - but with it could do well.

For now a definite candidate for league two till the end of the season (assuming we get someone else in on loan/as back up).

Ack

I'm I the only one who's gonna want him to stay?

I always wanted to like Vernon - I always wanted him to do well, and when he was offloaded I just couldn't believe it. Look what he's upto now, and there's even people in the OAFC community who would like him back - me included!!!

Don't let him go out on loan - we'll never get the boy back again i tells yer.

I think thats why I'd send him out on loan. You will not get consistency from a striker playing them once a Month and then in the reserves. The standard just isn't there.

Play him in league two aginst old men who just kick lumps out of you and he'd soon learn not to let the ball go two yards away from his first touch, 'cos then you get a boot in your shin!!

He's a big lad, and his strength isn't there yet - we saw that with Porter last season, his touch was ok but he just got pushed over... Hall has the same problem and similar, if not quite the same, potential!

Ack

With regard to Vernon, I was told over the New Year that Shez would have him back in a flash given half a chance, and thats from a highly reputable source who's never told me owt duff before, but why would Blackers even consider letting him go.

With regard to Vernon, I was told over the New Year that Shez would have him back in a flash given half a chance, and thats from a highly reputable source who's never told me owt duff before, but why would  Blackers even consider letting him go.

Hard to see why they would sell him us/anyone else in League One. NOt likely to be sily money offered from anyone, and in form and playing regularly it seems.

Only thing would be a swap deal like last time to prize Wellens away. Chris Hall perhaps? "Oh yeah, he's top class - caused Wolves no end of trouble. Here let me show you his goal" - Shez putting spin that Alistar Campbell would blush at.

Would be a good signing though.

Never wanted to see him play for the club again after the Brighton (?) game when he started.

Never seen a player put in so little effort in a game before (yeah ok, I probably have :wink: ) but he was a revelation on Saturday.

Still has to improve leaps and bounds to be a starter in my eyes but a handy supersub for the time being.

I still reckon Hall will be out at the end of the season - definitely if we go up, probably if we're still here.

He's not really had much of a chance to get a run of form in the first team, it's true, but in 45-odd appearances (mostly as a sub) he still hasn't really looked the part. A loan out is probably his best chance to impress.

Most of his games have been in struggling sides, sides that even Beckett and one of the top scorers in the Scottish league struggled to score in.

Maybe true - though to be honest we've see players shine in far worse teams - but its his almost total lack of effort (except Sat) that annoys me.

He is generally nowhere near the ball when it is kicked up to the forwards and when it does come to him, he then normally fails to put a challenge in that would trouble my Mum.

Tbh Beckett did score goals, and when fit Killen did as well (and looked more likely to than Hall).

Seeing him on Saturday - I'd give him another few bursts off the bench if possible, but if a decent loan opportunity comes up, let him go as long as we get other cover in

What I can't understand about Mr Hall is that when he first got into the reserves, he put himself about, he put the effort in (not unlike Saturday) but for some reason all that deserted him. If he can produce the level he achieved on saturday, and improve on it he'd be an asset. Hopefully he won't have seen any of the glowing reports on him, he might think he's done enough for the next couple of months now!

To be honest I think his attitude is all wrong. You only have to look at his myspace to see he is more interested in a music or acting career than he is in football.

At his age he should be working every hour of the day at trying to get in to the first team but he seems happy just collecting his pay packet.

That said he was good at Wolves

He shows all the attributes needed to score goals at League One level - in the reserves.

Put him in League One and he does nothing. Hopefully the goal at Wolves will give him confidence and he can push on. Think he still has a year on his deal after this season.

Think he's been given too much grief over the MySpace thing. A lot of other first teamers have them and none of them have been given any bad comments regarding them. He's only using it to pull chicks. Good luck to the lad.

As Shez has said he is a footballer and needs to get his mind on that. Hopefully he's been woken up after his Brighton shocker and he can make a go of it at Latics. Certainly talks a good game having seen his interview on LW!