Oasis Heaton Park Gigs

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this gets in my way of getting home tomorrow I will not be happy - you have all been warned. It is in the part of Heaton Park on Bury Old Road near St Monica's School which is on the way I get home, please form orderly queue on the pavement and do not disrupt traffic, I pay my council tax, bwrarrr, bwrrarrr..etc...

If this gets in my way of getting home tomorrow I will not be happy - you have all been warned. It is in the part of Heaton Park on Bury Old Road near St Monica's School which is on the way I get home, please form orderly queue on the pavement and do not disrupt traffic, I pay my council tax, bwrarrr, bwrrarrr..etc...

I think it will be difficult anywhere in the region near Heaton park to be honest. Bury Old Rd and Sheepfoot Lane are closed, so id imagine those roads that are open will be hammered.

But you should be fine tomorrow as after today, its saturday and sunday :)

Edited by ste1987

I'm going on the Thursday, tickets came yesterday via a bloke in a Land Rover. Only allowed to take sealed 500ml bottled water wtf?

It's a gig. I've not known many gigs in recent years which allow you to take your own drinks in. I would just hope that they have decent toilet facilities or the there will be a lot of piss being chucked about.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

It's a gig. I've not known many gigs in recent years which allow you to take your own drinks in. I would just hope that they have decent toilet facilities or the their will be a lot of piss being chucked about.

Don't think I've ever been to a gig where you can take in your own drinks. At Gomez a while back my sister had a carton of Ribena (she forgot she had it in her bag) taken off her. So what you were planning to take I don't know!?

I have been offered 3 and I dont think she will sell me 2........ if I dont buy the third :lol: just my luck

Haha!

I'd come but I have a passionate hatred for about 87% of Oasis fans. I don't think I could cope with that many of them around me without going postal!

Left work at 4:15, just got home! :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Normally home about half 5ish.

Was the traffic bad all over the place or just around that area?

You had to laugh on the news at the chav's with their stongbow cans OUTSIDE the venue shouting "mad for it" :wink:

Yeah I'm surprised any drinks are being allowed in. Pretty much any gig I have been too, even outdoor, they havent allowed it.

Edited by ste1987

Left work at 4:15, just got home! :ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:

Normally home about half 5ish.

I dropped my kid sister off at the bottom of Vicky Ave without any bother what so ever at about 6:45 (ish - I wasn't paying attention). I've seen it worse during a normal rush hour.

Saw a couple of signs on Heywood Old Road for unofficial car parks - the cost ? 8 quid !!! If I 'lived round there I think might give up me driveway and garage for less....

BUT.........If you live around the area you have to carry proof of address in your car so you can get up your own street.

Mate from work made 33 photocopies of his water bill this morning,he has a 4 car drive,£20 a space easy exit for the motorway.