Oasis Heaton Park Gigs

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oasis were forced to abandon the stage at their huge headline show at Manchester's Heaton Park tonight (June 4) due to technical difficulties.

At around 9pm (BST) the band began their set with 'Rock 'N' Roll Star', but the song was stopped due to sound problems.

The band headed off stage for around ten minutes to the sound of boos from the crowd.

They then returned and began to play 'Lyla' – although that song was cut short, again due to sound troubles.

Liam and Noel Gallagher and co left the stage again, while a message appeared on the stage screens declaring that the problems would be fixed as soon as technical staff could sort them out.

The message explained that generator failure was causing the issues, while smoke could be seen emanating from the equipment.

The band are currently still backstage. Keep checking NME.COM for updates.

Oasis were forced to abandon the stage at their huge headline show at Manchester's Heaton Park tonight (June 4) due to technical difficulties.

At around 9pm (BST) the band began their set with 'Rock 'N' Roll Star', but the song was stopped due to sound problems.

The band headed off stage for around ten minutes to the sound of boos from the crowd.

They then returned and began to play 'Lyla' – although that song was cut short, again due to sound troubles.

Liam and Noel Gallagher and co left the stage again, while a message appeared on the stage screens declaring that the problems would be fixed as soon as technical staff could sort them out.

The message explained that generator failure was causing the issues, while smoke could be seen emanating from the equipment.

The band are currently still backstage. Keep checking NME.COM for updates.

Apparently back on stage now

Oasis returned to the stage after around 40 minutes to successfully kick-start the set again with 'The Shock Of The Lightning' and 'Cigarettes And Alcohol', with the Gallaghers promising to give fans their money back.

"Really sorry about that," Liam Gallagher told the crowd. "This is a free gig now. Everyone will get a refund."

His brother Noel added: "The curfew's 11, but we'll play 'til they kick us off. Keep your ticket and you'll get your money back."

Oasis returned to the stage after around 40 minutes to successfully kick-start the set again with 'The Shock Of The Lightning' and 'Cigarettes And Alcohol', with the Gallaghers promising to give fans their money back.

"Really sorry about that," Liam Gallagher told the crowd. "This is a free gig now. Everyone will get a refund."

His brother Noel added: "The curfew's 11, but we'll play 'til they kick us off. Keep your ticket and you'll get your money back."

Very good gesture!

is that face value back or what half of 'em paid on ebay/touts? :laught16:

dont they normally refund to the credit/debit card they were purchased on?

there will be a few people who sold their tickets on ebay in for a nice suprise.

Generators packed in. First one caused a five minute delay. 2nd one lasted about half an hour before they came on and managed to play through till just after 11.

Oasis were class when the generators were on :grin: Kasabian were awesome

All I can say is REFUND - Thank You, Noel. Very kind of you. :grin:

WE ALL HATE LEEDS SC*M!! :grin:

Generators packed in. First one caused a five minute delay. 2nd one lasted about half an hour before they came on and managed to play through till just after 11.

Oasis were class when the generators were on :grin: Kasabian were awesome

All I can say is REFUND - Thank You, Noel. Very kind of you. :grin:

WE ALL HATE LEEDS SC*M!! :grin:

Absoflippinlutely....... No matter how much you may hate the brothers, last night they rocked. If I gets my money back, cheap at half the price, if I don't no worries.

Any thoughts on where to park?

well I wouldnt rely on the 'public' transport. absolutely shocking. They only had buses running in the direction of Bury it seemed and it was a free for all for taxi's on the main road. Nightmare. We ended up phoning a taxi company in Oldham to come and get us.

well I wouldnt rely on the 'public' transport. absolutely shocking. They only had buses running in the direction of Bury it seemed and it was a free for all for taxi's on the main road. Nightmare. We ended up phoning a taxi company in Oldham to come and get us.

Our kid walked up Vicky Ave for about 20 minutes and managed to flag down a cab. Said much the same as Rocky - that there was NOTHING available to them.

Daft, as the bus company could have made a fortune running busses up Vicky Ave to Oldham and Failsworth through to Manchester.

Our kid walked up Vicky Ave for about 20 minutes and managed to flag down a cab. Said much the same as Rocky - that there was NOTHING available to them.

Daft, as the bus company could have made a fortune running busses up Vicky Ave to Oldham and Failsworth through to Manchester.

I'm going tomorrow. I think after the gig I will walk/stumble to the taxi firm at the end of Vicky Ave near to Rochdale Road or walk into Middleton centre....