Oasis Heaton Park Gigs

I'm going tomorrow. I think after the gig I will walk/stumble to the taxi firm at the end of Vicky Ave near to Rochdale Road or walk into Middleton centre....

On Thursday we ordered a taxi from Oldham and it picked us up at the Wilton Pub big car park which is attached to the Travelodge on the Junction 19 roundabout then straight up through Middleton, dead easy, BUT order your taxi mate.

Going AGAIN tonight, bring it on.

Absolute class on Thursday (when it got going) good sing song with Rocky, Chickers and Butter

Stood next to a load of Yarkshire boys, half Bratfert half Dirty Leeds, the Bratfert boys hate Leeds more than us!! They were mates but they still kicked off with each other, kn**s

Generator blow up on a warm night on Thursday, what chance of another free gig once the rain gets at the gear?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Thursday we ordered a taxi from Oldham and it picked us up at the Wilton Pub big car park which is attached to the Travelodge on the Junction 19 roundabout then straight up through Middleton, dead easy, BUT order your taxi mate.

Going AGAIN tonight, bring it on.

Absolute class on Thursday (when it got going) good sing song with Rocky, Chickers and Butter

Stood next to a load of Yarkshire boys, half Bratfert half Dirty Leeds, the Bratfert boys hate Leeds more than us!! They were mates but they still kicked off with each other, kn**s

Generator blow up on a warm night on Thursday, what chance of another free gig once the rain gets at the gear?

Hopefully Liam will be plugging it in at the same time... :grin:

Where I parked on Thursday.....

Turn left immediately after that Sainsburys, second left (ignoring access only signs), drive down and park (unrestricted) in view of park entrance (and Sainsburys). After gig walk back to car, drive the way you are facing, straight out with no traffic and onto the main road back to Oldham through blackley.

If you can follow my directions you wont get a better place. I turned up at half 7 Thursday and could have park 3 or 4 cars there.

They werent mates. The bradford one's (there was only 3 of them. The older one's) just didnt see any point in laying into a bunch of kid's so just opted to pick them up and launch them at every opportunity when Oasis came on. :grin: Cracking banter when the generators went. O L D - H A M..........:grin:

Was really random bumping into you on our way back from the pissers.

Hope you keep some of the video's on as I want them bluetoothing to my phone the next time I see you.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

anyone go yesterday,what was the ground like,are wellies required?

The mud was a bit of a pain actually, but nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be...I didn't wear Wellies, but I would if I was going tonight.

Yesterday, where everyone stood the mud has been compressed on hard ground and wasn't too bad, slippy and muddy but not too boggy....near the bars, toilets and entrances were where I found it most boggy.

Walk in to Midd, it'll be easier.

My feet are killing....the concert was on the Prestwich side of the park so just getting out of the park was a trek...and even though I drive from Heaton Park to Middleton centre everyday I did not realise how long it would take on foot...to top it all, there weren't any taxis in Midd centre so we had to carry on and walk up Oldham Rd to the taxi rank at the Nowster Pub...what an ordeal...thinking about it now, I'm sure there's a taxi shop in Rhodes that I must have walked right past...bollocks.

anyone go yesterday,what was the ground like,are wellies required?

Wear boots, you will be fine. Wasn't that muddy, though does look like it might tip down today so waterproof would be handy.

Was bloody fantastic yesterday. Well easy to get to, went for a few in Manc and then got a taxi to the park....not sure how people were managing to get home though, I had a lift sorted.

I only caught two songs by the Enemy, misjudged how far we would have to walk through the park to get to the arena. But Kasabian were awesome, and Oasis we just simply brilliant. If I didn't need to save some dough I'd be back down there later to get a ticket of a tout.

Tickets were going for £35 from Touts on saturday at 4pm and a mate of mine turned up at 8pm and got one for £10 - Bargain!

As for the Gig - Kasabian were good, Oasis were much better than the last time I saw them (Reebok 2000) - Liams voice may be going a bit, but the set was much better, shame they finished on I am the Walrus though. Crap song - there are much better Beatles songs to do, but If the wanted to do a cover it should have been Cum on Feel the Noize by Slade.

Tickets were going for £35 from Touts on saturday at 4pm and a mate of mine turned up at 8pm and got one for £10 - Bargain!

As for the Gig - Kasabian were good, Oasis were much better than the last time I saw them (Reebok 2000) - Liams voice may be going a bit, but the set was much better, shame they finished on I am the Walrus though. Crap song - there are much better Beatles songs to do, but If the wanted to do a cover it should have been Cum on Feel the Noize by Slade.

I love I am The Walrus. Lyrics are random but I think its a pretty good cover. Oasis set was decent.. wish they'd done Some Might Say, Whatever and Cast No Shadow.. but you can't have everything. Can't stop listening to.. To Be Where There's Life off their recent album.. v.good song.

Kasabian were good, but they seemed a little quiet to me. Especially Tom- who needs his hair cutting the fecking tramp :wink: .

Reverend and the Makers and Twisted Wheel were horrible and are the main reason I'm claiming my refund :)

Really? :blink: Thats a bloody awful song! I see what you mean about i am the walrus though, there are better songs they could cover but they did/do it brilliantly. Kasabian seem to have a knack for making a good fist of covers, theyve released a few (too much too young, runaway, pictures of matchstick men) and used one song (the name escapes me but those who went will probably know what i mean) as a kind of intro during the gig that worked really well...

Anyway altogether i thought it was an immense gig, ive wanted to see oasis since i got into music really (be here now was my first album) so i loved it! Next target: The Who i hope! :grin:

I love I am The Walrus. Lyrics are random but I think its a pretty good cover. Oasis set was decent.. wish they'd done Some Might Say, Whatever and Cast No Shadow.. but you can't have everything. Can't stop listening to.. To Be Where There's Life off their recent album.. v.good song.

Kasabian were good, but they seemed a little quiet to me. Especially Tom- who needs his hair cutting the fecking tramp :wink: .

Reverend and the Makers and Twisted Wheel were horrible and are the main reason I'm claiming my refund :)

I went on the Saturday. I thought Oasis were amazing. The enemy was really good. Twisted wheel was good. kasabian were alright. Free peace who are they? They were shocking. Managed to get right at the front as well. Really good gig. I just wish they did cast no shadow, little by little and some might say. I am not a big fan of the new tunes. I much prefer the classics. They are still the best band ever.

I love Steps. More accurately, I love Faye Tozer.

5ive rawked. Although Let Loose beat them all. "I'm crazy/Crazy for you/And there's nothing that I won't do/I'm caught by that looooook in your eyes/And it's all for the love of you." Magical.

"I'm crazy/Crazy for you/And there's nothing that I won't do/I'm caught by that looooook in your eyes/And it's all for the love of you."

Next line:

"I'm Kanu/I need a Poo/I might have to do it in my Shoe/I'm caught short on my way to the dooooctors/It's all because I have Flu."

No?