over 30 latics fans in tel aviv

boboafc

there was over 30latics fans at the game on saturday , 2 from royton dave and greeny for starts and i went on the booze with a few of them ,i also met simon corney simon blitz and danny gazel too .. pity the match was crap thou

there was over 30latics fans at the game on saturday , 2 from royton dave and greeny for starts and i went on the booze with a few of them ,i also met simon corney simon blitz and danny gazel too .. pity the match was crap thou

I hope Mr Blitz had his nice new, "Chris Taylor," shirt on? :)

TEL AVIV (EJP)--- The thousands of supporters of the English national football team who packed into the National Stadium in Ramat Gan were clearly disappointed with their teams performance in the 0-0 draw with Israel on Saturday night.

But across the board the fans, the majority of whom were on their first trip to the holy land, said they were surprised and delighted by the welcome Israel had shown them throughout the weekend.

The crucial Euro 2008 qualifying match itself was somewhat of a damp squib in the end, with few scoring chances for either team. Both sets of fans had few opportunities to get excited about their team’s play.

And the subdued atmosphere in the stadium contrasted completely with the raucous but rarely aggressive mood that was felt all over Tel Aviv from Thursday night through to Saturday.

Fans fill the beach front

From the time the threat of a general strike preventing England supporters arriving in the country subsided on Wednesday, thousands arrived in Israel. Many were handed free hats and T-shirts on arrival and headed straight for the Tel Aviv beaches.

By Friday morning Tel Aviv’s beach front promenade was awash with red and white St George flags displaying the names of teams such as Hull City and Rotherham, oldham athletic as well as more established names like Chelsea, manchester united,liverpool arsenal.

There had been fears that the combination of warm weather and numerous pints of beer may turn the atmosphere more negative. But at bars like Mikes Place and Buzz Stop on the beach there was only good natured singing, banter and mixing between the English and the Israelis.

“This is the best ever reception we have ever had and I have traveled to nearly all the England away games over the last four years,” one fan told EJP.

“When we were in Croatia we were greeted by the police with batons which they hit us with.”

A number of events were held in connection with the game on Friday, including a peace tournament in Tel Aviv’s Ganei Yehoshua park featuring mixed Jewish and Arab children’s football teams, a visit to the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial in Jerusalem by a group of England fans.

Former Israeli star footballer Ronnie Rosenthal, who now lives in London and works as a player agent, was one of the many celebrities who flew in for the game.

Rosenthal told EJP he is impressed with the various activities that have been organised. “I think it is a good public relations event apart from the game itself. It is good that it has been able to touch other areas and its been very positive. Theres not been a game between England and Israel here for 20 years so its great for the fans to be here.”

Kick it out

Legendary English footballer John Barnes returned to the country to show his support of the Kick racism and violence out of Israel football campaign which he helped launch last year.

Barnes joined former Israeli international Avi Cohen in a visit to Abu Ghosh, an Arab town which shares a local football team with the Jewish town of Maveseret Tzion.

“When i first came here a year ago I wondered what would happen. Because when Kick it Out first started in England it was a few people with an idea. We knew the problems in england and we thought in many respects it wouldn’t get any better,” Barnes said.

“The project here in Israel has only been going for one year but I can already see the difference in coming back this year to last year and how far it has gone in terms of the attention and in terms of how much has been done.”

Well seeing as you didn't flog it to him until the day after the Israel - England game I'd guess not!

How many pints did we sup this weekend? Too many I think!

:drinking45: :drinking45: :drinking45: :drinking45: :drinking45:

Not lees obviously.

He's not drinking as we all know

That was a funny looking joke I saw you with though lees :lol::grin:

I admire your willpower, as well as your wisdom and good looks.

Not lees obviously.

He's not supposed to be drinking still isnt he?

That was a funny looking 'coke' I saw you with though lees :lol::grin:

Definitely funny looking Coke. It was Kronenbourg.

And I think Easter started a couple of weeks ago as far as he was concerned. He was claiming special dispensation had been received from The Pope to allow him to end his Lent-related abstinence just in time for Leyton Orient away.

I'll take personal charge of the investigation. :blush:

And it was Stella wasn't it?

I have no idea what you were drinking if i'm honest. I was kind of in a daze from the moment the guy behind the bar muttered how much a bottle costs. I nearly fell over, when I thought he'd said £3.70 :shock:

I have no idea what you were drinking if i'm honest. I was kind of in a daze from the moment the guy behind the bar muttered how much a bottle costs. I nearly fell over, when I thought he'd said £3.70 :shock:

Hurts every time - but then the £2 pint of Lees is fast approaching...

You can call "her" whatever you like. I was buying you Kronenbourg though in The New Inn!

Then LL was led by the Carpet into the New Inn to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, give or take the odd crafty one, he was thirsty. 3 The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become beer."

4 LL answered, "It is written: 'People do not live on beer alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'

5 Then the devil took him to Griffin Park and had him stand on the highest point of the minging stand.

6 "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:

" 'He will command his angels concerning you,

and they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

7 LL answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

10 LL said to him, "Away from me, Jeff! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him. Including the taxi driver one. But they didn't stop the Beer Monkey giving him a shoeing on the way home.

Then LL was led by the Carpet into the New Inn to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, give or take the odd crafty one, he was thirsty. 3 The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become beer."

4 LL answered, "It is written: 'People do not live on beer alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'

5 Then the devil took him to Griffin Park and had him stand on the highest point of the minging stand.

6 "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:

" 'He will command his angels concerning you,

and they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

7 LL answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

10 LL said to him, "Away from me, Jeff! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him. Including the taxi driver one. But they didn't stop the Beer Monkey giving him a shoeing on the way home.

Glad we've got that cleared up.

Now what was your excuse in The Doric Arch the weekend previous? You know, the one where we ended up getting ratted in The Coach and Horses at Leyton? :wink:

And where in The Bible does it say you can sell dodgy items of clothing to Jesuits on a Sunday afternoon?

Glad we've got that cleared up.

Now what was your excuse in The Doric Arch the weekend previous? You know, the one where we ended up getting ratted in The Coach and Horses at Leyton? :wink:

And where in The Bible does it say you can sell dodgy items of clothing to Jesuits on a Sunday afternoon?

Leyton was St Patrick's Day, which is a day off for anyone Irish, as decreed by Pope Benedict XIV. And it was my cousin who told me that, and he's an Irish diplomat and met the last Pope on official business, so I'm taking his word.

PS, Luke Beckett's Anchor may disregard any of this as soon as seeing it :lipsrsealed2::censored: