Personal Opinions ?

wardlelatic

Do you hate Man ure because of their on field success ?

Is it the fans, or should I say "only when they are winning supporters " ?

Whats your excuse ???

Or do you have a secret desire for Taggarts men ?? :mad:

The fans, their fickleness, the number of them who've never set foot in Manchester, their success, referee's bias towards them or fear to go against them, Taggart, his stopwatch, his chewing-gum, Mark Hughes and his pubehead, Steve Bruce, Brian McClair, Mark Robins, Phil Neville, Roy Keane, Eric Cantona, Rio Ferdinand...

Fans mainly, their pathetic excuse that they support them because their Dad or Grandad did. Its like the whole of Britian stems from a United fan GRRR. Then its their superior knowledge about football that they would have you believe but ask them anything that doesnt involve the premiership and they look confused. The the team itself, how they always seem to get just enough injury time til they score. The arrogance of the whole club etc. Too many reasons really, I could be here all day lol

It's difficult to put your finger on exactly why you hate them but you do and everything about them and everything they stand for.

There fans are such t*ssers, they know nothing about real football, your lucky if you can find one who actually attends any games and they are so conceited they dont think anyone has the right to ever challenge them never mind beat them.

I for one am glad Chelski have turned up to p*ss on there chips and make them even more sour than before.

:rant.sml:

Try living in a house with 4 ManUre fans and 2 Ba*tard Rovers and being a solitary Oldham fan.

The fact that they know nothing about lower tier football and their ignorance and arrogance that they dont need to know. Their dismay when a united game is not shown on sky over other teams that are, their belief that their team should come before everyone else because they are the biggest club in the world. The fact that they 'support United' and therefore can belittle every other club around them because they have won so much and they have won so little.

Ahh im supposed to be writing a 4,000 word essay on the policy of naming and shaming those with anti social behaviour orders and im struggling but ask me to write 10,000 words on this and it would be a piece of pish!

Whats your excuse ???

M**k H****s

end of!

To be honest, i used to hate them, now i dont really care, i dont have much contact with their fans!

Years ago i hated them worse than Notlob, but they are on a level now, i dont even know why, i suppose that i was beaten up when i first started seniors because i wouldnt say i supported Manure whilst in a headlock!

Ahhh well nothings changed!

I'm with Beardy, I nothing them... if I hated them I'd feel stupid knowing that I waste energy on them... as it is I just don't care what happens, especially when its them and Chelski going for the title... as they're just as bad as each other when it comes to buying success!

It's difficult to put your finger on exactly why you hate them but you do and everything about them and everything they stand for.

There fans are such t*ssers, they know nothing about real football, your lucky if you can find one who actually attends any games and they are so conceited they dont think anyone has the right to ever challenge them never mind beat them.

I for one am glad Chelski have turned up to p*ss on there chips and make them even more sour than before.

:rant.sml:

thats about it for me too!!!

when i started in the glorious world of tram driving, they came out in droves to rip the pi$$ and generally perform in front of an audience.. well some one always laughs at the jokes!!! thats until you stand up to them and in front of said audience ask them if they 'go'...

the answer is generally the same each time, can't afford it, don't get the time off... blah blah blah......

the thing is that one of the lads has this auto cup ticket thing that they do, so there is from time to time tickets up for grabs... 90% of the time these are taken by other fans as the opportunity to see champions league footy, or as a birthday treat for relatives (as in my case!!)...

i even used to work with a fella who would book time off work to watch them on the TV.... now that is daft!!!! he must of used a fortnights holidays every year... I'd rather miss/tape it and go on a holiday somewhere....

generally speaking i don't mind the city fans i work with as most have season cards, but i know off only one driver (from about 30-40 who have so called allegiance to utd) that has a season ticket and attends regular....

i was with my old fella and his mate at old trafford when Carroll scooped that ball from out of the net... and we were above it and slightly to the right of it, so had a perfect view....

on the tram back into town a spurs fan was chatting to us three and a few united fans and was saying that they were well stitched up etc... everyone on the tram agreed apart from these two kn*bbers who then started to get a bit nasty as they were in the top tier of the 'big' stand and it was definately in, the cockney should f-off back to where he came from and the other fans were a disgrace to the red shirt...

my dad and i then chipped in and said as neutrals that it was definatley a goal etc.. to which point they got very nasty and asked me what would i know as i had never seen a ball go past a united keeper... i had to agree with that comment as i had spent 10 yrs away in the RAF, but told these two that i once met a fella called Neil Adams who had seen one go well and truly past one of their invincible keepers...

they didn't have a clue what i was on about.....

like you say.. inbred flip wits with no passion for football, just some sort of god given expectation that everyone should crumble when in the presence of a red shirt....

someone has put something similar to this on jk.. where i have posted with my favourite game on match day... i never tell people in red shirts how to get to old trafford, I'd rather send them to bury market!!!!!!!!

As per, I don't hate them. I still dislike them greatly, mainly because of their fans' ignorance and their serious assumption that "nobody cares" about football below the prem. Vice versa they also think that everyone cares about them costhey're The Greatest Team In The World™.

Oh and Mark H*ghes.

Whats your excuse ???

Right first off I don't hate anybody in this kind of context. Hate is a strong word isn't it? The Nazi's hated the Jews, the infirm, Romanys and so on, thats hate isn't it? Anyway I get what you mean, I'd say I dislike some manyounighted fans, but then no more or less than supporters of all the big clubs, some of the liverpool fans for example were exactly the same in the 70's and 80's. I just think that if they want to be gobshe-ites, let 'em why should I worry or let it get to me?

When did I cease to care one way or another about them, in the same way I couldn't care less what arsenal, chelsea or any of them "big" clubs do? Well towards the end of 1998/99 season we were struggling big time, looked like dropping. We were losing and a "we hate manyou" chant went up, and I thought yeah that makes everything better, we're being embarrassingly crap and all you can think of singing is that, which is an embarrassment. Later Mrs S said to me who cares what manyou do, its about us, so we made if you will a pact with the devil. They can win whatever this season, who cares as long as we survive.

The rest is history, and we did, and they won 3?? cups. I was responsible for them winning the European Cup, cos when Bayern scored I celebrated, my better half did say I'd regret breaking my promise, and I did with seconds to go!

So thats it I don't hate, just couldn't care less about 'em.

Edited by StipeTripe

Stipe are you the guy who sits at the front right corner of the chaddy who has ago at the muppet choir every time they sing any of the anti munure/citeah songs ?

Edited by peanuts

Stipe are you the guy who sits at the front right corner of the chaddy who has ago at the muppet choir every time they sing any of the anti munure/citeah songs ?

I think Stipey is a main stander!

It used to be called 'Manchester United Football Club'. Then it changed its name and badge to 'Mancheter United' and became a world brand. I have come to despise a club which, under Sir Fergie, I prefer to call 'ManUre', after I have observed a series of injustices suffered at its hands, not only by Latics, but also other clubs, who appear to be subject to rules which do not cover ManUre.

Stamping on other players by Keane and Cantona, and no blame apportioned to them by Sir Fergie, who also refuses to accept his rare defeats magnanimously - instead of giving the opposition some credit and accepting the odd defeat with good grace, he blames the defeat on just about everybody else he can think of. Under his managership the club has lost the distant admiration of many fans of other clubs, because of what they've known for years, and what Roy Keane confirmed when he took on the manager's job at Sunderland - that United's philosophy is to win at all costs!

I heared Steve McMahon admit to the same thing about Liverpool under Kenny Dalglish - he said it in the tunnel after beating Forest in the F.A. Cup semi-final, replayed following the match abandoned because of the Hillsborough disaster. To say such a thing in the super-charged emotional atmosphere surrounding that game was unforgivable - if ever life was proved to be bigger than football it was at Hillsborough on disaster day! I have never forgiven McMahon and I despised Liverpool F.C. under Sounness and Dalglish, just as I despise ManUre under Ferguson.

Other managers at both clubs have earned respect of fans of other clubs due to their success, but not those three because of their attitude, even though they were classed as great managers.

On the Latics' front, a couple of issues involving ManUre have stuck in my craw for years.

1. Latics had a promising young striker called David Brown. ManUre poached him and a young player from Arsenal. Under the wing of Arsenal, Latics reported ManUre to the F.A., and after an investigation, they were fined £50,000 by the F.A. He didn't go on to great things, but who knows how he would have progressed if he'd stayed with us, like Chris Taylor.

2. Latics Reserves were due to play ManUre Reseves at BP in the Manc Senior Cup Final. Latics had marketed the event with a special programme, executive box packages and catering arrangements laid on. Then Fergie phoned Andy Ritchie to say he couldn’t raise a team. So did Latics win the trophy by default, just as in any other instance where a team can't fullfil its fixture? Did they hell! The Manc F.A. rearranged the match to a new date suitable to Fergie and Latics had to stand the cost of the aborted match.

I don't hate them as much as many do, I try to maintain a policy of supporting Lancashire teams against London ones (although sometimes I can't manage it) - but I sure do hate Mark Hughes. I don't mind people who support a club for family reasons either, but how very convenient it is that so many people are descended from fans of the team that wins things (cf Chelsea at the moment). I like to ask those, "family reason," fans if they have family from other places and whether they support those teams equally as well?

Hate!! Despise!!

Let it go people, trust me, let it all go, who cares, some them in red are no better and no worse than fans of all the big clubs and if you are even handed in these matters don't give a toss about them either.

You're Latics fans, isn't that enough? Let it go you'll feel better for it.

Karma innit :)

Dont give a monkeys about United. Never have. Its those scum bags from Moss Side that I hate. Not particularly the team, but their fans.

They lie about coming from Manchester, when in fact, the vast majority of them come from Oldham, Rochdale or Stockport, none of which are in Manchester. I hate the way their club put the billboard advert up in Chadderton stating "this is our city". I also hate the way they walk around Oldham in their city shirts as if they are not causing anyone offence, well they are. If they like Moss Side so much, why don't they move there? I hate the way the media portrays them as "great fans", well many a times at Boundary Park they've kicked off for no reason, and on top of that, their crowds are down about 5,000 on last season (laughs).

Scum Scum Scum. I can spot an Oldham based city fan a mile off, fake manc accent, scallywag, with a bo problem. Bunch of skank injecting scumbags.

Why do i hate ManUre?

Cos my dad told me i had to way back in the seventies when i was a wee nipper.

Well, it works for me, bloody good reasoning in my book.

My kids have been brought up the same way, their name is not allowed to be muttered in the Groves household, if a reference to them is required, scum will suuffice every time. (Logs off with a contented grin on face). ^_^

Hate!! Despise!!

Let it go people, trust me, let it all go, who cares, some them in red are no better and no worse than fans of all the big clubs and if you are even handed in these matters don't give a toss about them either.

You're Latics fans, isn't that enough? Let it go you'll feel better for it.

Karma innit :)

In my teens and twenties i was rabid anti red,then again in my teens and twenties i was just rabid.Stemmed from having it shoved down my throat by my Man Yoo supporting mates about how they were the greatest team in the whole universe when during that period they had won the odd FA Cup and feck all else.Funnily enough since they started winning proper stuff i'm more calm and disinterested,no longer foam at the mouth at the very mention of their name.Comes with age i think Stipe,balance.T'aint no big thing.Still have my moments though B) .

What i find more amusing is their rivalry with Liverpool,my red mates give the pretence of supporting all british teams in the Champions League as it's good for british football.All that went out the window when Liverpool got to the final against Meelan,unfortunately i was in Spain the day of the final but word reached me of the devastation in the pub as the scousers won it.

why do i hate manure bobby charlton on five live complaining about spanish clubs tapping up and dirupting ronaldo quote "we dont like buisness being done this way its not right and its not proper " convenietly forgeting there unsettleing of wayne rooney & owen hargreves aroggent club aroggent fans thats why every one hates them !

Edited by peanuts