World Twenty20

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
We've actually got a chance here!

More than a chance, they are miles behind on duckworth lewis and its raining. We're going to win this.

More than a chance, they are miles behind on duckworth lewis and its raining. We're going to win this.

They need three a ball. Rain means nothing Si, they played in a full on storm yesterday! This is T20 not 5day :)

Ireland needing 53 from 42... totally doable.

Ireland take a very respectible win to progress to the super 8. Which could well be without the Aussies, who need to win but are currently 79-5 off 12.2 overs.

Looks like I'll have to watch England v WI again on Monday ............... it's getting rather boring.

Lets hope the win against the Aussies was just a blip and that they revert back to their usual form of the tour so far!!

The traditionalists will be going mental. The NZ wicketkeeper is wearing a baseball-catchers-mask!

So, I first say something similar when I was watching the women's world cup earlier this year (I think the woman concerned was the Aussie keeper and it looked like a field hockey goalie's mask). The Kiwi keeper is not the first one I've seen wearing similar in this tourney, I think the dutch and the irish keepers have had somehting similar on. Its quite simple why wear something which is going to affect your field of vision (especially the peripheries) and is cumbersome like a helmet, if you can wear other adequate proctective equipment which doesn't have those negatives. I'd expect a few keepers to try them out in the not too distant future.