MMA Thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if any of you are aware of Spencer Pratt (TV Show The Hills), well, he's an absolute prick. He is claiming to be a Rickson Gracie Black Belt and tough guy. He isn't and we BJJ fighters take this very seriously!!!!!

There was an incident in LA and its come to the point where he is being bullied into fighting pro MMA Fighter Jason Chambers. This is a chance for Chambers to destroy this dick.

Chambers is talking about it on mma.tv now

UFC105 news:

The bout between Lil Nog and Luiz Arthur Cane has been moved to UFC 106, but Randy Couture vs Brandon Vera has been moved into 105 as the main event.

Just come on here to post that news...

For me, this has just become a must go to event.

LESNAR FACES ‘BIGGEST’ TEST TO DATE AGAINST COLOSSUS CARWIN AT UFC 106®

PLUS THE RETURN OF FORMER CHAMPION TITO ORTIZ

Live from Mandalay Bay Events Center, Saturday, November 21

Las Vegas, NV (USA) – Brock Lesnar has faced some of the best heavyweight fighters in the world. The Ultimate Fighting Championship® heavyweight title holder dominated seasoned veteran Heath Herring and put away former UFC® champions Randy Couture and Frank Mir. On Saturday, Nov. 21, Lesnar will have to pick on someone his own size when he takes on the undefeated 6-foot-3, 262-pound top contender Shane Carwin at UFC 106: LESNAR vs. CARWIN, live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nev. Also on the card, one of the brightest stars in UFC history returns, as former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz battles UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman in what promises to be a ground war of epic proportions.

...and Dana White says that the UFC has a strong HW roster - I think they've got an experienced roster, I don't think it's brimming with contenders though. Cropcop fights in 103 and it's a nothing of a fight for him - it'll probably set up Santos as a contender to be honest. The likes of Couture, Big Nog, have been picked apart by Mir and Lesnar, Randy is on one big jolly now until he hangs his gloves up. Velasquez looks decent, and I was impressed with his dismatling of Congo in UFC99. Fedor isn't the answer either - how the hell can someone hang on to the unified HW #1 rank when they don't fight true contenders to the throne like Lesnar? I'm, not disrespecting Fedor by any stretch, but he's not putting himself being allowed to fight the names he needs to, to be undisputed. I loved the times when PRIDE and UFC had unified fights - Hendo, Rampage, Wanderlei, Liddell and the like, that what it was all about.

Yeah sure Fedor is the crowds favourite but he ain't getting any younger - Fedor or his management will not want him to go on to retirement with a string of defeats either, and it is a possibility if they put him in the firing line of Mir and Lesnar. He'll continue his exhibitions and M-1 promotions against Don Frye or Bob Sapp, or some other can and then he'll just be a myth, a legend...

I like Lesnar now, I didn't but now I do, he's no weak champ either and he's only going to get better (vs Mir 2) - I think him holding the title has asked a few questions in UFC top brass and exposed in actual fact a weak UFC HW roster....

These are only my opinions of course, I could write more but I just don't have the time...

...and Dana White says that the UFC has a strong HW roster - I think they've got an experienced roster, I don't think it's brimming with contenders though. Cropcop fights in 103 and it's a nothing of a fight for him - it'll probably set up Santos as a contender to be honest. The likes of Couture, Big Nog, have been picked apart by Mir and Lesnar, Randy is on one big jolly now until he hangs his gloves up. Velasquez looks decent, and I was impressed with his dismatling of Congo in UFC99. Fedor isn't the answer either - how the hell can someone hang on to the unified HW #1 rank when they don't fight true contenders to the throne like Lesnar? I'm, not disrespecting Fedor by any stretch, but he's not putting himself being allowed to fight the names he needs to, to be undisputed. I loved the times when PRIDE and UFC had unified fights - Hendo, Rampage, Wanderlei, Liddell and the like, that what it was all about.

Yeah sure Fedor is the crowds favourite but he ain't getting any younger - Fedor or his management will not want him to go on to retirement with a string of defeats either, and it is a possibility if they put him in the firing line of Mir and Lesnar. He'll continue his exhibitions and M-1 promotions against Don Frye or Bob Sapp, or some other can and then he'll just be a myth, a legend...

I like Lesnar now, I didn't but now I do, he's no weak champ either and he's only going to get better (vs Mir 2) - I think him holding the title has asked a few questions in UFC top brass and exposed in actual fact a weak UFC HW roster....

These are only my opinions of course, I could write more but I just don't have the time...

100% agree with every word apart from Crocop v Dos Santos. I really cant pick a winner there.

Although (a late thought) Minotauro looked back to somewhere near his best last time out and I think every MMA fan would LOVE him to beat Lesnar.

Maybe somewhere near, it was a good fight - however it was a win on a decision. Actually it's just dawned on me that Couture is fighting Vera at 105 in the LHW division, so he gone back down a weight...

Minotauro has done it all - won it all, but I reckon this is one winning streak and title shot too many for him...it's a shame.

UFC103Poster.jpg

This Saturday in Dallas, TX UFC comes town...

I'll be betting on the main card again:

Franklin to beat Belfort - I think Belfort was rushed into this fight.

dos Santos to beat CroCop - my heart wants Mirko to win, but it ain't gonna happen

Kampmann to beat Daley - He's a Brit but I don't think Semtex has got what it takes at the moment - he is the replacement for Swick, he's not as good as him yet.

Trigg to beat Koscheck - Trigg has got a lot of heart.

Hermes to beat T.Griffin - close one this, I pick Hermes over Griffin due to WEC title defenses. It could go either way.

I watched the Semtex Daley, Koscheck, and the Tyson Griffin fights last night - the refs seemed a little eager to stop the fights. Trigg was out on his feet, but his guard was still up and I thought he was going to pull in a clinch - he was upset. As was Kampmann, Daley didn't really have to defend the shoots too much, and as two experienced muay thai fighters Daley was a bit better. He will have to shape up his ground game though if he wants to have a go at Swick and GSP. Griffin was very strong and overpowered Franca and his dodgy haircut, incidentally - Griff was the first fighter to stop Franca in a fight....

I know all the results of the others, but I still want to watch them. dos Santos is going to be huge I think, and the win over Mirko Cro Cop will have him placed to compete as a contender now...

Roll on Machida vs Shogun...

poster_d11.jpg

DREAM:11

OCTOBER 6th 2009

Updated card:

Feather Weight Grand Prix 2009 Semi-Finals

Bibiano Fernandes vs. Joe Warren

Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Hideo Tokoro

* winner of this fight will compete in the FW2009GP final as the main event of the evening.

Feather Weight Grand Prix 2009 Reserve bout

Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Daiki Hata

Super Hulk Grand Prix 2009 Second Round

Super Hulk Grand Prix 2009 Semi-Finals

Hong Man Choi vs. Ikuhisa Minowa

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Bob Sapp

Non-Tournament Bouts

===============

DREAM Lightweight Championship bout: Joachim Hansen vs. Shinya Aoki

Lightweight bout: Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Melchor Manibusan

Lightweight bout: Daisuke Nakamura vs. TBA

There will be no Mousassi, Kid Yamamoto, or Mayhem Miller :(

I think this is the right thread to use? Could any of you boys who seem very much into your mma, tell me a site where i might be able to watch the M1 Global on Saturday? England v Russia, in Russia, Semi Finals to meet either USA West or USA East in the final. A friend is fighting in the show and i didnt fancy spending the kind of money being quoted for flights!! So if you can suggest anything that would be great.

Edited by lordLOVErocket80

We're not allowed to share torrents and illegal live streams on here, however Mixfight usually streams M-1 events legally and free too. Have a look here (it's in Russian but you can work it out to a certain extent):

http://www.mixfight.ru/

...I saw them destroy Spain the other week, I hope the team wins again anyroad...

:chubb:

We're not allowed to share torrents and illegal live streams on here, however Mixfight usually streams M-1 events legally and free too. Have a look here (it's in Russian but you can work it out to a certain extent):

http://www.mixfight.ru/

...I saw them destroy Spain the other week, I hope the team wins again anyroad...

:chubb:

Cheers for that, hope they do it. I think my mate said the final is in Kansas? Hope he gets the win and then maybe he could go onto bigger and better things. Cheers again

logo.jpg

I've seen the first two episodes now, and it's been more exciting than the other 9 shows put together. Well done to McSweeney the Brit kick boxer who went up against a 6'7 ex-pro footballer Wes Shivers who was built like a brick :censored:e house - and beat him on points.

Can't wait from the Kimbo Slice vs Roy Nelson fight this week...