Ashes 2009

ECB would have made far more by selling the extra seats etc at OT towards cardiff.."outbidding" hasn't come into it IMO.

19,000 Old Trafford

16,000 Sheepy Sheepy Sheep Sheep

3,000 difference.

£3,200,000 bribe.

So unless they are able to play five days and sell tickets for over £200 that is a little bit incorrect.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

end of the day,if cardiff want to pay £3million+ to stage a cricket game,thats their concern.it's not "bribery"-its what businesses do-sky sports pay £???? millions a year to put premier:censored:e football on-doen't mean they are the best.

ECB sold out to the highest bidder -and whats new-bbc/sky ?

but OT wasn't even in the picture,so whats your point?

That the ECB would make miles more money by being bribed than selling 15,000 extra seats over five days at Old Trafford, and that the bribe is the only reason they took the deal.

(obviously not over Old Trafford, but that was the one you brought up with seat sales)

end of the day,if cardiff want to pay £3million+ to stage a cricket game,thats their concern.it's not "bribery"-its what businesses do-sky sports pay £???? millions a year to put premier:censored:e football on-doen't mean they are the best.

ECB sold out to the highest bidder -and whats new-bbc/sky ?

(a) The ground wasn't refurbished at the time they won it. They won it on the back of what might be, beating teams that have built grounds in advance and should be awarded such things.

(B) It's largely Welsh Assembly money. Public money provided by you and I.

as you've such a large bee in your bonnet here,i'd suggest taking this up further ..you seem very clued up that something is immoral here...

me? i'm just here to enjoy the cricket.

I tried to stay off it, but just couldn't help myself.

Anyway. Other news. Toss won. Batting. Stuart Clark not in the Aussie team.

Bopara never looked comfortable after he got hit in the throat!

A question - its bugged me for a while, what do the numbers on the players shirts under the 3 lions mean?

its teh number they acquire when they become capped for england...eg a new capped player making his debut today will be number 500..then next new one will be 501.

Bopara never looked comfortable after he got hit in the throat!

A question - its bugged me for a while, what do the numbers on the players shirts under the 3 lions mean?

If they are the numbers I think they are it will be the number of Englishman they are as in when they were picked for the England team.

Good knock this, might have to revise up my 200-250 estimate. 350 would be good for the first innings, if we were to get around 500 by lunch tomorrow I think we would be in with a chance if we could skittle a few of theirs early doors.

Either way, 5 match series, keep your heads lads and get the runs in.

Good knock this, might have to revise up my 200-250 estimate. 350 would be good for the first innings, if we were to get around 500 by lunch tomorrow I think we would be in with a chance if we could skittle a few of theirs early doors.

Either way, 5 match series, keep your heads lads and get the runs in.

missed most of afternoon session..exactly what was needed.

aye beags,but i'd like at least one of these pair still batting through the evening and on tomorrow.they've both "got themselves in" now,lets not throw it away.the aussies have lost that wind,england are happy picking the 3/4 a over now,ticking the score along nicely without must threats.

i predict pietersen out tonight at 98 B) .

Oh I agree that these two must stay in as long as possible, (I go Kevin at 93). I would like to see Flintoff get at least a 50 too, he needs a bit of a loosener for the rest of the series and if he can get a decent knock I think everyone will settle down.