Ashes 2009

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been on my annual jollies and unfortunately virtually missed all of this test,but well chuffed i saw play from 3pm after getting home today.

time to enjoy the moment and tomorrow start on planning to keep the ashes..hopefully the 5-0 drubbing we suffered in oz after our last ashes win will be a reminder that the oz will be stronger and more eager in 2010.

meanwhile,i'm enjoying a beer! :England:

Edited by johnny punkster

been on my annual jollies and unfortunately virtually missed all of this test,but well chuffed i saw play from 3pm after getting home today.

time to enjoy the moment and tomorrow start on planning to keep the ashes..hopefully the 5-0 drubbing we suffered in oz after our last ashes win will be a reminder that the oz will be stronger and more eager in 2010.

meanwhile,i'm enjoying a beer! :England:

Right party pooping time. Let's enjoy it tonight then tomorrow we begin planning on how to win our first series in Australia sine 86/87 - yer can bet yer last penny that the Aussie fightback has begun tonight. Let's not make the same mistakes as 2005. No MBE's no open top bus parade - winners lap it up but quickly plan again on how they are going to repeat the same feats.

start on planning to keep the ashes..hopefully the 5-0 drubbing we suffered in oz after our last ashes win will be a reminder that the oz will be stronger and more eager in 2010.

Strauss had won a series as captain in 2006. His reward? Being replaced by Flintoff as captain.

Things would have been a lot better Down Under in 2006/7 if Freddie had been able to focus on himself and let Strauss do the strategic thinking. Freddie overbowled himself and, as a result, may well have knock 3 or 4 years off his Test career.

If we can start getting more runs from 3,4 and 5 in the order and perhaps find an extra bowler we have the makings of a successful team. Those runs from Prior, Swann and Broad down the order have impressed me greatly.

Test cricket remains, for me at any rate, the most intriguing and exhilerating form of the game.

Strauss had won a series as captain in 2006. His reward? Being replaced by Flintoff as captain.

Things would have been a lot better Down Under in 2006/7 if Freddie had been able to focus on himself and let Strauss do the strategic thinking. Freddie overbowled himself and, as a result, may well have knock 3 or 4 years off his Test career.

If we can start getting more runs from 3,4 and 5 in the order and perhaps find an extra bowler we have the makings of a successful team. Those runs from Prior, Swann and Broad down the order have impressed me greatly.

Test cricket remains, for me at any rate, the most intriguing and exhilerating form of the game.

The high and lows are unmatched in any sport. Where else would you be doing cartwheels at nicking an unlikely draw at cardiff through two no hoper bowlers putting up great batting resistance. The highlight of my series! :grin: