OASIS Pre-season Meet Up

Zorrro

Ladies and Gentlemen, Madame et Monsieur, Damen und Herren...

This is a cordial invitation to OASIS's Pre-season Meet Up in foggy London Town (area tbc - likely to be easily accessible though). Discussions have been ongoing for, oooh, 10 minutes about the date and it's been decided that Saturday August 1st is likely to be the most doable. With this being the week before The Big Kick Off and the week after the NW Masters, it should provide us with ample opportunity to discuss the summer's signings, the coming season's expectations, how the oldies got on at the MEN, and AOB.

Please use this thread to register your interest and to discuss possible venues. For example, there are a number of decent boozers around London Bridge, Covent Garden, Camden...

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in here or PM me.

:oasissign1:

Middle day of the third Test match, would be good to be somewhere with a TV.

Covent Garden has too many, "people," and is therefore ghastly, as well hideously expensive.

Best see who is up for it as that might have an influence on how central we need to be. Although I might be accused of some form of bias if it's more of a South-side affair we could actually do a lot worse than Balham! Lots of good pubs, no pikeys or chavs, oodles of gash and lots of trains + Northern line.

Works for me....

How about Bristol?

Greater Wales is a little out of zone, no?

Damn. August 1 is out for me. And the week after is beer festival week at Earls Court...

I did that one about 5 years ago. Most of the beer was pulled by agency dolly birds who, whilst having the advantage of being quite well up in the, "fit," stakes, had the disadvantage of having less chance of pulling a pint less flat than a witches' tits than I did of pulling one of them. The beer was rank even by London standards. There were a few saving graces, such as the Theakstons stand, with a grey-bearded brewer who I first up asked if I could have a pint served with a head on it. He told me, very seriously yet politely, that he wanted me to understand that he wouldn't serve me one any other way.

About an hour later, I went back there to find him in a lengthy discussion with a Southern punter who wanted his beer ruined. I like to think that if I went back to that exact spot the brewer would be standing there, firmly but insistantly stating his case whilst the skeleton of the Southerner stood there with a half of XB in his hand, still boasting a creamy head.

I'll play out on 1st. I also doubt I'll be at the first game of the season

This is why we carefully engineered the first away game of the season to be taking place at one of OASIS' favourie watering holes... and then for Millwall and Brentford to follow suit very shortly after!

... unfortunately I wont be able to make the 1st... purely because I then spend every other weekend 'till chritmas in london with you monkeys so a pre-season get together - a week before the season starts (!!) is a step too far!

... cant peak too early....

This is why we carefully engineered the first away game of the season to be taking place at one of OASIS' favourie watering holes... and then for Millwall and Brentford to follow suit very shortly after!

... unfortunately I wont be able to make the 1st... purely because I then spend every other weekend 'till chritmas in london with you monkeys so a pre-season get together - a week before the season starts (!!) is a step too far!

... cant peak too early....

This is the problem with

1. Not living in London

2. Being married

3. Being a light weight