Incident on Broadway

Wrong forum but breaking news in Oldham.

A man has been shot in Chadderton and a burned out car has been found on the car park at Ancora (used to be the red barn), pOlice have said it is nasty (incident not Ancora although they can't cook steak for toffee). Broadway closed from Foxdenton lane to hunt lane.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong forum but breaking news in Oldham.

A man has been shot in Chadderton and a burned out car has been found on the car park at Ancora (used to be the red barn), pOlice have said it is nasty (incident not Ancora although they can't cook steak for toffee). Broadway closed from Foxdenton lane to hunt lane.

I drove through that section on my way to work at about 6-30 this morning, at that time Broadway was open but there was a police car blocking the entry into Fold Green (by the side of the Red Barn) and an Officer stood at the Junction making sure that no one drove into Fold Green, I figured something must have gone on.

Jesus wept!

The Oldham Chronicle understands that the hitman may have been targeting someone else and that Mr Hussain was killed in error.

Poor bloke and family. What is the world coming to when a man is shot 6 times and it is mistaken identity.

This morning's shooting was of a young man on Block Lane, just near my house. This is now a murder scene.

The car they used was abandoned on the Fold Green car park (by Ancora) which is why Broadway was closed.

Police think it may be related to Saturday's shooting in Salford, after which they raided another house very close to here.

:cardinal:

This morning's shooting was of a young man on Block Lane, just near my house. This is now a murder scene.

Did you hear owt, Chaplain? My old man lives near there too. Shocking to think this kind of thing goes on in little old Chadderton.

My dad had fun this morning getting to work at 5:30am, the private land at the back of their house leads out facing the Ancora car park. There were coppers there stopping people getting onto Fold green, they told my dad that they were investigating a burnt out car under suspicious circumstances.

You say little old Chadderton misty eyes :) Most of it is a drugs den :lol:

:lol:

Yes, there is an air of nostalgia surrounding my post. I'm am aware that it's a bit ropey nowadays (and has been for quite some time).

Still, it'll always be "home" to me.

This has got me thinking about how Chadderton is such a large area when you come to think of it. From up at the top near Featherstall Road right down to Hollinwood Avenue which is where it meets Failsworth/Moston is a bit of a hike.

I don't think it's rougharse ghetto stylee mind. Lots of it is quite nice, and the only really ropey part I'd say is the area near Featherstall Road.

This has got me thinking about how Chadderton is such a large area when you come to think of it. From up at the top near Featherstall Road right down to Hollinwood Avenue which is where it meets Failsworth/Moston is a bit of a hike.

I don't think it's rougharse ghetto stylee mind. Lots of it is quite nice, and the only really ropey part I'd say is the area near Featherstall Road.

The area opposite the Bridge Water pub on Manchester Road is pretty bad....

Small areas....just as the same as many other areas in the country...including sunny warrington hey.. :wink:

As for the shootings, unfortunately it is a very worrying time when certain communities are possessing a commodity such in quantity and valuable enough to shoot each other over.

Whilst not wanting to agree with using weapons to solve disputes, i hope that the 'innocents' are kept to a minimum and that those involved indeed receive their correct punishments of their peers!! - They certainly won't be missed!!!

Got to say that most areas of the country are the same.

I used to stay in Westbrook near Ikea in Warrington when i was seeing a girl from there, it was a very nice area with some nice people (including Steve McManaman who lived about 10 doors away) but having gone drinking round warrington most weekends there are some chuffin ropey places there also like the one facing the college amongst others. Guess most poeple know of rough areas near to nice places.

Edited by chaddy the owl

Got to say that most areas of the country are the same.

I used to stay in Westbrook near Ikea in Warrington when i was seeing a girl from there, it was a very nice area with some nice people (including Steve McManaman who lived about 10 doors away) but having gone drinking round warrington most weekends there are some chuffin ropey places there also like the one facing the college amongst others. Guess most poeple know of rough areas near to nice places.

That is very true about Warrington :)

Chill people I was just having a bit of fun anyway :)

So it seems they got the wrong man in the Salford shooting and have now come to Chadderton to kill the right person.

Omar would never make a mistake like that.

Ay.

Omar would've made sure he didn't step on the wrong package. Made sure no civilian got capped neither, hear me bro?