Incident on Broadway

It’s crazy that we still live in a world where only the bad people are allowed to sell certain products and carry weapons. IF you could buy your gear from Boots and decent citizens had assault rifles a lot of lives would not be ruined.

Radical.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s crazy that we still live in a world where only the bad people are allowed to sell certain products and carry weapons. IF you could buy your gear from Boots and decent citizens had assault rifles a lot of lives would not be ruined.

Add a 50% tax on it all and I reckon you could have something the Government would take up.

I did actually consider that as a typed. You're probably right....although that says a lot about Derker etc :wink:

Littlemoor is a lot smaller area than the areas mentioned, but if it was the same size, then it would probably be as bad

Add a 50% tax on it all and I reckon you could have something the Government would take up.

If the products were grown or manufactured on a mass scale in controlled environments and quality could be guaranteed they would be able to tax it by more than 50% and still undercut the black market.

A whole raft of crime from burglary, mugging, shoplifting could also be reduced by a sensible drugs policy rather than the abject failure that we currently have.

When I were a lad growing up on Coalshaw Green there was none of this weaponry nonsense. Well, maybe the odd brick...

I've been saying the same thing for ages. I grew up just off Turf Lane, and it was a nice place to live. It was clean and tidy and never had gangs of kids/scrotes hanging around. There were one or too slightly dodgy streets round there with one or two rough families but nothing of any note. My Grandparents still live in the immediate vicinity (I mean like 2 streets away), and every time I go and visit I can scarcely believe how much of a :censored:hole the place has turned into. :angry:

If the products were grown or manufactured on a mass scale in controlled environments and quality could be guaranteed they would be able to tax it by more than 50% and still undercut the black market.

A whole raft of crime from burglary, mugging, shoplifting could also be reduced by a sensible drugs policy rather than the abject failure that we currently have.

IT would certainly be a boost to the UK economy if the scag and Charlie was grown in greenhouses in Lincolnshire, and the number of people who complain that we don’t manufacture anything anymore, yet we import a lot of our acid, MDMA etc.

As for the assault rifles, there was a study covering every single parish in the USA comparing those who liberalised concealed weapon permits, licensing of good honest citizens to keep enormous guns in the bedroom and so one with those that didn’t in the early 90s (a before and after survey so it was like for like) and found rapes, murders and “hot” burglary went down substantially in those places where they had guns. Granted the odd criminal might get topped, but if you can’t take the lead, don’t do the crime.

All of them are infant school compared to what you can find just down the road in inner-city Manchester and Salford.

You'd be surprised, in my experience 'BIFFO'S' have quite a reputation down there. But yes, some (pockets) of the more infamous parts are clearly more dangerous places. I'll never forget that cold winters night when I broke down in Longsight with nobody but an attractive blonde for company.

They could tax it even more. Cocaine is as (in)expensive as sugar (not that I condone the use of that stuff - but then if you could get proper disco :censored: at Boots.....).

IT would certainly be a boost to the UK economy if the scag and Charlie was grown in greenhouses in Lincolnshire, and the number of people who complain that we don’t manufacture anything anymore, yet we import a lot of our acid, MDMA etc.

A tremendous boost, at the expense of the black market and courtesy of a vast reduction in futile policing costs.

What would be the downside (meaning to society - the downside to the powers that be couldn't be clearer)?

A tremendous boost, at the expense of the black market and courtesy of a vast reduction in futile policing costs.

What would be the downside (meaning to society - the downside to the powers that be couldn't be clearer)?

I would be a bit of a blow to Afghani poppy farmers as well, those ones who we call Taliban and send young men and women over there to fight and die needlessly.

True, I have been an advocate of this policy for a long time. Take hard drugs out of the criminals hands, and help the drug addicts to overcome addictions with treatment, not overcrowded prisons.

it was in Werneth not Chadderton (???)

It was in a car park on the Chadderton side of the boundary. A car park well known for Asian drug dealers, who cross the road from the Werneth side of Block Lane to use for their shady activities.

I lived on the Werneth side of Block lane between 1965 and 1976, and when the first asians started moving into Worcester St, we considered them amusing as they kept themselves to themselves instead of joining what was a happy and friendly community.

Unfortunately they created their own community which turned out to be lawless, unfriendly and devoid of any pride in the cleanliness of the area.

I for one believe they ruined the area, and wish I hadn't been so welcoming and tolerant of their idiosyncrasies.

Interpret that how you wish...

It was in a car park on the Chadderton side of the boundary. A car park well known for Asian drug dealers, who cross the road from the Werneth side of Block Lane to use for their shady activities.

I lived on the Werneth side of Block lane between 1965 and 1976, and when the first asians started moving into Worcester St, we considered them amusing as they kept themselves to themselves instead of joining what was a happy and friendly community.

Unfortunately they created their own community which turned out to be lawless, unfriendly and devoid of any pride in the cleanliness of the area.

I for one believe they ruined the area, and wish I hadn't been so welcoming and tolerant of their idiosyncrasies.

Interpret that how you wish...

Yet all the same problems exist in areas of a certain kind regardless of the racial makeup. Werneth? Try white Ordsall. Glodwick? Try Collyhurst. Westwood? Lower Broughton. Etc etc.

As others have said, many areas that were once quiet and friendly communities have deteriorated noticably. In by no means all of them do Asians predominate.

Anybody ever encountered the concept of the entropy economy? Look it up. Explains a lot of what we're experiencing, in my opinion.

Incidentally, what would you have done as opposed to being 'welcoming and tolerant?'

I heard the shots and was actually with the lad as he was lay on the car park at the surgery after he was shot. I really cant believe something like this would happen on my doorstep but its becoming a sign of the times we live in. I dont know if he was involved with gangs but what a sad sight it was too see. I just hope it doesnt start the trouble we've seen before.

Yet all the same problems exist in areas of a certain kind regardless of the racial makeup. Werneth? Try white Ordsall. Glodwick? Try Collyhurst. Westwood? Lower Broughton. Etc etc.

As others have said, many areas that were once quiet and friendly communities have deteriorated noticably. In by no means all of them do Asians predominate.

Anybody ever encountered the concept of the entropy economy? Look it up. Explains a lot of what we're experiencing, in my opinion.

Incidentally, what would you have done as opposed to being 'welcoming and tolerant?'

Can you walk through Ordsall, Collyhurst and Lower Broughton at night?

we considered them amusing as they kept themselves to themselves instead of joining what was a happy and friendly community.

Which is what is still happening even to this day

Edited by creepy

Yes, like you can in the areas mentioned by other posters. As in those, you might not feel entirely comfortable and if you're unlucky something might happen to you. Of course, if you're white in Werneth you'll stand out, especially at the time the gangs come out to play. But I wouldn't like to be of a dusky complexion when the pubs chuck out in Ordsall either.

The people of Ordsall, Collyhurst and Lower Broughton are, for the most part as friendly and law abiding as you or me. Then again, so are those of Werneth, Westwood or Glodwick. The trouble makers are always a minority wherever they are, but they dominate the image of an area, which is exactly what they want.

Which is what is still happening even to this day

It's a development of the last twenty years or so. You got little trouble from young Asians before that. Of course, hand-in-hand with this we've seen the degeneration of many white neighbourhoods.

Something larger than just race is going on with society.

Someone told me that Collyhurst is home to the square mile with the most gun-crime in Europe. No idea whether that is true....

I did some work at Billy Greens pub down there. It once featured on Sky's 'Britain's Toughest Pubs' (as well as in a Beautiful South video).....it was an experience! :lol:

Someone told me that Collyhurst is home to the square mile with the most gun-crime in Europe. No idea whether that is true....

I did some work at Billy Greens pub down there. It once featured on Sky's 'Britain's Toughest Pubs' (as well as in a Beautiful South video).....it was an experience! :lol:

Know it well. My late mum's side are from down there.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

The downside would be that an awful lot of people would be constantly off their tits and not much work would get done. Personally though I think the legalisation of all drugs would solve a lot more problems than it would cause.

It's a development of the last twenty years or so. You got little trouble from young Asians before that. Of course, hand-in-hand with this we've seen the degeneration of many white neighbourhoods.

Something larger than just race is going on with society.

My post was aimed at IMO the way the asian communties refuse to integrate with anyone else but themselves

And being an ex postman i know that the word cleanliness isnt in the asian communities vocabulary - my opinion again

Ive got to be careful what i say here because the PC brigade is alive and kicking on these pages