Latics v Yeovil

Ackey

So, fantastic win for Latics against a great side away from home... all you post game talk in here... who's back from the game first with a report? Was Glombard faster than a speeding bullet? Sad to see Clarke go?....

Guest scarlet
Well done Ackey, kept it interesting, with the help of a certain Redhead from North of the border. :wink:

Great result.

Ha ha! Thanks for the compliment, Mr Mint. :blush: See you in May. :)

Just back ...

I thought we played with our old confidence. It reminded me of the middle of the season when we were winning everything.

We should have scored many more than one. Still problems finishing? But we had nailed-on penalty for handball denied, which was a pity.

:cardinal:

Yeh, radio said it was stone wall pen... what did you think of the performance, aside from the confidence?

Radio made it sound like they had a lot of the ball in the second half and that Greegan and Haining were immense at the back?

Nothing wrong with getting a goal then winning one-nil, great win, just wondered how it came about...

you should of left your studies ackers!!!

not a bad game on the whole... they were no push overs either, i though forbes did ok.. the booing seemed in jest at first but then appeared to be malicous as well as boring as the game went on!!!!!!!

'alfredo' at left back looked ok, and a pass he made in the 2nd half across field was excellent.. lombard came on for a few mins and looked decent too..

just got back to sunny sale and acording to the the wireless results went our way too, and we are now 4th??? nice decent day out in the end!! day off work also meant not having to direct cockney tram passengers the 'non bury' way to get to old trafford too....

time for tea and medals now.....

Clarke played well, showed great strength, and Warney was all over again!

Terrible Forbes was disgusting, blatant fouls, and even gave the fingers to the Chaddy!

Glombard was big & powerful, he took on the defence near the end and strolled throught them, but couldnt cut the ball back!

God to see Ports back and a great reception!

Radio said Forbes was just rubish, nothing nasty... they actually switched him to right back because Warney was causing him so much bother, and he seemed to offer them something going forward.

I think Shez made the right call with the Subs too. there is always the risk when you change it at 1-0 but we needed legs in the middle and Luigi seemed to push them back when he came on - didn't hear them have an attach from that point on really!

Good win. Yeovil were poor.

That poor glass collecting girl must think i'm a right idiot, in the white hart. My brother tried chatting her up, and invited her to the game. "I'd be bored" - "Yeah but you look nice in that Oldham top"

"They make me wear it." :grin:

I'll take that.

Brother enjoyed it. Especially the dancing in the Paddock's bar at half time. He's coming to the Hudd's and Bradford game now

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Guest oa_exile

........Just back

Not the most exciting game at BP this season but probably one of the most important.The three points are all that mattered !

Yeovil came to spoil for a point and went away empty , justice done !

If it wasnt for their keeper (Mildenhall) we would have scored 3 or 4 today.

Anyway job done , bring on Udders :grin:

Highlight of the game.

Close one, between exile's mate shouting programmes. Every week :grin: or the lad taking his top off for the "you fat b**tard" jibes directed at him. Shame the jobsworth stewards saw fit to throw him out for it. Then again, he was pretty drunk, as was seen by anyone in the paddock bar area who witnessed his dancing and singing skills at half time :lol: Funny mind you. :grin:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Terrible Forbes was disgusting, blatant fouls, and even gave the fingers to the Chaddy!

After all the abuse he got last year its not surprising he gave the fans the fingers.

He was his usual crap self, with a great spooned pass laying Warne off for a free shot on goal.

Yeovil were crap obviously came for a 0-0 or to nick it 1-0. If Warnes lob had gone in following a rubbish clearance from Mildenhall, that would have easily settled the goal of the season debate.

Lastly Rocastle can feel hard done by getting dropped as he has been one of the better performers recently, thankfully Macca repaid Sheridans faith in him.

Edited by Butter

After all the abuse he got last year its not surprising he gave the fans the fingers.

He was his usual crap self, with a great spooned pass laying Warne off for a free shot on goal.

Yeovil were crap obviously came for a 0-0 or to nick it 1-0. If Warnes lob had gone in following a rubbish clearance from Mildenhall, that would have easily settled the goal of the season debate.

Lastly Rocastle can feel hard done by getting dropped as he has been one of the better performers recently, thankfully Macca repaid Sheridans faith in him.

Think he loved the abuse personally. Did you see it when he stared at those in the Paddock, and seemed to milk all the gesturing. :grin:

Thought Luigi did really well once again when he came on. Similar to how he did at brentford. Used his pace, and power, and they didnt really know how to cope. Proving to be a decent additition

Guest oa_exile
Highlight of the game.

Close one, between exile's mate shouting programmes. Every week :grin:

lol :grin: Rocky , the empty head (Tony) has been doing that for a couple of seasons now.

I think he still does it because you like it :wink:

I must admit it though :ohno: ( i would never tell him ) that its very funny :laught16:

The poor programme seller sniffs the sale :dance: ..........and then nobody comes forward :sign0068: His face when everyone just looks at him :shy:

I never rated him when he was at Latics, but to be fair he's played 40 games for them this year and they're 5th in the league, so he has to be doing something right! And out Ibiza he was a sound bloke too, took everything in good spirits!

Guest sheridans_world

One thing that puzzles me about Yeovil and thier position in the league is their goals scored. They have scored 31 goals away from home and only 18 goals at home. I cant reconcile that to their position.

As for todays performance, Forbes was rubbish with a few malicious challenges thrown in for good effect. Think it should have been a penalty.

Clarke looked a lot better compared to last week, apparently walking right into Laws team.

Warne was outstanding, never ceasing to amaze me with his levels of fitness. Taylor played well but i think he was underused in the second half. Gregan and Haining were brillaint, snuffed all Yeovils attacks out with ease and they never really threatened us. We should have had more than one. A matter of putting goals away again, i hope that Porter can come back and do the job or Glombard, with six games left i would like Glombard to start at least one, he has looked bright and sharp the 25 or so minutes i have seen him play.

Aljofree played well, looks to be sharper than last week, could be a good replacement for Charlton, because lets face it Charlie isnt going to play much more, he is older and stuggles with niggles all the time. Great Player, Great mind, shame his body cant keep up.

We looked bright and wanted it today, a win against Huddersfield on Saturday and Bradford on Monday will confirm our play off place. As for that, we could still reach second, from what i hear neither Forest or Bristol City turned up today...

Roll on Saturday!

Couple of things from what you say mate...

Personally, I will be sad to see Clarke go. There is no doubt in my mind that he's not been 100% fit for us, and as you say he's heading that way now. I said it before, but I think if he works hard thru the summer he could prove a quality player in the Championship next year. He has a great first touch and a good footballing brain. I certainly wouldn't complain if he somehow ended up here next season.

As for Taylor, he's had that problem a few times... he's young lad and he needs experiance before he will learn how to be more influencial... I've said it about several games recently that teams now know how we play and they constrict the middle which takes Lidds out of the game, because no matter how good his passes are he doesn't get the ball, it also take Taylor out of the game - as he hasn't yet learnt how to remain influencial, and it also negates our biggest threat in Wellens by crowding him out. I was happy to hear Shez make the change of Glombard, because his pace and direct play forces teams to pick him up and to chase him and that opens the middle up again and when teams are getting ontop it speads them thinner and gives you a counter attacking option.

Finally, Porter... I think it's just a Keep the Faith thing... he is undoubtedly talented, fantastic first touch, fantastic eye for goal, good work ethic and I think he still has it in him to get 10 goals before the end of the year!

Onwards and Upwards!

lol :grin: Rocky , the empty head (Tony) has been doing that for a couple of seasons now.

I think he still does it because you like it :wink:

I must admit it though :ohno: ( i would never tell him ) that its very funny :laught16:

The poor programme seller sniffs the sale :dance: ..........and then nobody comes forward :sign0068: His face when everyone just looks at him :shy:

Tis quality. You think they'd learn, wouldnt you? :lol::grin: Not a chance.

How many did Yeovil bring? 335 was it?

As for Forbes wearing gloves. I'm sure, he's done that before. Didnt he have a short sleeved shirt on as well? I'm sure Chris Hall's done it before now. Today's win has made my decision to give Brighton a miss now anyway. Save for the playoffs, whoever it may be. Think it's 90% certain we'll be in there now. One more win should be enough I think.

Agree that Glombard and Al Fresco looked good - hard to say from what we've seen so far how much impact Glombard would make from the start but I like him as a sub at the least. Warney was Warneyesque - did anyone else go for a pie and complete the Times crossword whilst waiting to see if his lob was going in? Clarke was better - I'm coming to think that there is something in his technique that leads to him conceding so many fouls when he holds the ball up, it's a subtle art and I've not noticed refs in the same game fouling other players for it.

McDonald got into great positions but fluffed a few good chances before scoring a good goal - defence were good. Awesome block tackle by Haining inside the box, and a pretty conclusive one by Gregan after a couple of our players had missed the Yeovil guy. He'll know not to do that again.

I thought Terrible actually had a pretty decent game, he looked strong and his distribution was mostly pretty simple and effective. A few great saves by Mildenhall. Marcus Stewart looked like a bored washed out old piss-artist. Strangely.

Finally, MOM goes to the bloke in the Lookers Upper who decided that Chris Porter had been renamed "Judas" on the back of internet rumours. Well done Sir, let's keep that united front going into the play-offs.

Coinceidence?

Lost away at Yeovil 1-0 with a 37th minute goal and beat them at home 1-0 with a 37th minute goal :grin:

No, it wasn't coincidence shucky. Both teams worked it out before kick off.

:wink:

I thought Terrible actually had a pretty decent game, he looked strong and his distribution was mostly pretty simple and effective. A few great saves by Mildenhall. Marcus Stewart looked like a bored washed out old piss-artist. Strangely.

I thought Forbes had a good game, apart from losing Macca for the goal. Certainly better than any 'performance' I saw him give in a Latics shirt.

I thought Terrible had a pretty decent game too, ironically I think his best game for Latics was in his debut against Yeovil.

I still think Richie Wellens is pretty quiet at the moment (apart from the pass to Macca), if we can get him back to his best form then it will make the playoffs an easier proposition. Bradford away last season (until he went off!) was one of the best performances by a Latics player I have ever seen, if we could get him like like 4 games out of 5 we would be pretty unstopable.

I would be tempted to drop Lidds as well at the moment, Shez could use the excuse of resting him for the playoffs. I just don't think he is offering us much at the moment. I would swap Taylor over to cover for him and Stick Warney out on the wing, his work rate would make up for any short comings he would have out there. Then I would stick Glombard up front with Ports, as I thought he looked good for the brief time he came on. I would also keep Porter in now until the end of the season and rotate the others around him as he will need a few games to get his sharpness back.