In the main stand...

Blue_Guru

Sat in the main stand today near the sponsers boxes and now i know why no one sits there! There are about 4 guys who dont stop moaning all game it was a joke! Comments that i heard today...

1)' I dont know why i bother coming we are playing crap recently...'(after about 5 minutes of the game)

2) 'Why has Clarke started when Porter is on the bench he hasnt done anything since he came here' - (3 in 5 appearences done well, porter hasnt played in 3 weeks says it all)

3) Liddel has done nothing all season - granted his form seems to have dropped and his corners have been poor...but most assists and 9 goals?

4) Wellens is the worst player on the pitch today - (5 minutes after wellens had just played the through ball for Mcdonalds goal)

5) What is all this hype about Taylor he has been rubbish recently...

6) Sort it out Shez - when Mcdonald missed a chance he probably should have finished

Those are just a few of the statements i heard today couldnt believe my ears...granted we have played better this season and Yeovil looked a poor side but we won the game against a team thats positioned above us...cant complain about today.

Guest sheridans_world

TURN ROUND AND HAVE A GO AT THEM, IT SHUTS THEM UP.

We have them in the Chaddy, i had a go at one during the Blackpool match, not heard a peep since.

Guest amoweb
TURN ROUND AND HAVE A GO AT THEM, IT SHUTS THEM UP.

We have them in the Chaddy, i had a go at one during the Blackpool match, not heard a peep since.

We also had a few in the Lookers Upper, sorted them the same way, but i must say one of the worst ones i have come across was a certain Barry Owen. Much better now hes over in the Main Stand

The MAIN STAND won't know what's hit em in november when the lookers army,upper/lower desend on the prawn eaters....T.B.C

Havent been in the Main Stand, apart from ressies games, since I started going Latics. Cant say I fancy going back in.

WE ARE THE ROCKY ROAD ENDERS! :wink:

Havent been in the Main Stand, apart from ressies games, since I started going Latics. Cant say I fancy going back in.

WE ARE THE ROCKY ROAD ENDERS! :wink:

Same here.

Currently in Lookers upper and after seeing the options was a bit surprised they hadn't offered the Rochdale Road End to us. Definitely be a squeeze finding room for everyone. At least the home ends will look full :lol:

Guest jet_dd34

Main Stand Morons! There's lots of 'em. :mad:

Mind you, game was a bit non-descript today, I expected Yeovil to be a lot better, given their away record. The only explanation is, they must have played some crap teams! :grin: Forbes was garbage, no wonder they shifted his position, he was being run ragged. And what a clanger from Mildenhall :blink: would have been nice if Warney had scored.

Thought they came into it more in the second half and we had a scare when Gray was one on one with Pogs, other than that, zilch. Pity Ports got tackled right at the end, I'm sure he would have scored. Liked Glombard, thought he looked pacy and threatening. :) May be quite an asset, come the playoffs!

Nice one Shez on getting the tactics right and penning a new contract. Top man! B)

Guest jet_dd34
They'll have to stick us in there as well. Especially if we go up.

How many does the Chaddy and Main Stand Hold?

If we go up, chaos will ensue in that Main Stand. :grin:

Don't tar us all with the same brush! Yes there are some Biffs in the main stand, moaning and spouting rubbish, but there are some good characters (myself included! modesty eh!) in there as well. We have always had a bunch of ignorant fans who just slate players, tactics, managers regardless of how things are going.

I'm sure every stand has them. I don't understand why you would want to spend money to sit in the ground and just whinge for 2 hours. Yes we all feel down at times, but these people seriously need to get a life!

Signed, Mr Main Stand Happy Fan and Happy associates!

I'm on the front row of the lookers upper where I have lots of room for my lanky legs.

Had a season ticket for 1 year in the main stand but most of the seats that are left have a dreadful view and no space to stretch if your over 3 foot 0".

I'd rather be side on for the home games though. Decisions, decisions.

And I also predict chaos everywhere too as latics have never been able to organise anything like this properly.

I'm on the front row of the lookers upper where I have lots of room for my lanky legs.

Had a season ticket for 1 year in the main stand but most of the seats that are left have a dreadful view and no space to stretch if your over 3 foot 0".

I'd rather be side on for the home games though. Decisions, decisions.

And I also predict chaos everywhere too as latics have never been able to organise anything like this properly.

Grab a seat in MS lower then. Always sit there when I get chance to watch the reserves, the leg room is good, I have the same problem and so is the view.

I sat in the main stand with the Mill Owners for the Blackpool game. I found the same, pretty much all moaners although to be fair I suppose we did lose! Can't wait til next season when the Lookers Upper boys get in there and shake them out of their coma!

I sit in the lower tier of the main stand and yes there are a lot of moaners in there but im sure there are some in all the stands. I spent one season in the lower tier of the Lookers quite a while ago now and it was the same in there. Everyones entitled to their opinion though and if they want to pay £20 to go and sit in the cold and moan for two hours then thats up to them, its more money for the club. When the Lookers gets knocked down im hoping a few come over from there and hopefully create a bit of atmosphere in the main stand!

I sit in the Main Stand Upper Tier and have done so for about 20 years.

The stand does have it's fair share of "Balloons" but I wouldn't think its any worse than elsewhere in the ground.

I have on occasion sat elsewhere and have always found it to be about the same.

But people pay their money and are entitled to their opinions.

I dont agree with the moaners and find it quite annoying if one is in close proximity for the whole game.

I sit in the Main stand upper tier because IMO its one of the best places to view the game from.

:mainstand: