total transparency from TTA and the council

You're right we're not - but if I remember rightly Moore turned from hero to villain very quickly.

With all the work and effort the TTA have put in I think we can safely say it's a completely different scenario. Even so, the fans deserve to have a look at the long-term plan.

i agree totally and wholeheartedly...that this should be done as open as possible,so that everybody knows where exactly we stand while its all going on.

the point i was trying to make,was that im certain i have seen it in press,that when bp is sold,that money is whats being used for new stadium,and not just a good profit for the owners.

otherwise where is the money coming from to build it and buy the land???

the trouble with the hotel thing...if bp had been developed it was right on the edge of the motorway network,and lets face it oldham is hardly bursting with hotels,so it would have made money....now where moving a few miles from manchester town centre....you couldnt compete on the same level so it wont be cost effective.

anybody who has been to the jjb soccer dome and other 5 a side complexes will know how popular they are,and how much money they can generate,so thats an excellent idea,as well as conferencing.

• 12 years later...