NFL 2009

Not far off the new season now.

Victor Chandler odds below. C'mon the favourites!! And please God, spare Tom Brady's knee..

New England Patriots 11/2

Pittsburgh Steelers 8/1

Indianapol­is Colts 10/1

New York Giants 11/1

San Diego Chargers 12/1

Dallas Cowboys 14/1

Philadelph­ia Eagles 14/1

Carolina Panthers 16/1

Tennessee Titans 18/1

Minnesota Vikings 18/1

New Orleans Saints 20/1

Baltimore Ravens 20/1

Chicago Bears 20/1

Arizona Cardinals 25/1

Atlanta Falcons 25/1

Green Bay Packers 25/1

Washington Redskins 33/1

New York Jets 33/1

Jacksonvil­le Jaguars 33/1

Denver Broncos 33/1

Houston Texans 33/1

Miami Dolphins 40/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 40/1

Buffalo Bills 40/1

Seattle Seahawks 50/1

San Francisco 49ers 66/1

Kansas City Chiefs 66/1

Cleveland Browns 66/1

Cincinnati Bengals 80/1

Oakland Raiders 100/1

St Louis Rams 100/1

Detroit Lions 150/1

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victor Chandler odds below. C'mon the favourites!! And please God, spare Tom Brady's knee..

Come on every other team than yours. :grin:

Atlanta and the Giants look very long odds to me, but I'm probably spouting bollocks.

Detroit should be about a billion to one.

Come on every other team than yours. :grin:

Atlanta and the Giants look very long odds to me, but I'm probably spouting bollocks.

Detroit should be about a billion to one.

My two favourite teams (Chargers and Giants) in the top 5... another season of disappointment then! :lol:

Aren't the top 3 all in the same conference? I think that would affect the odds- but then again stuff like this is often supporter dependent- so the more fans a team has the odds come in from what they're chances are. As the resident Cards fan OS, what do you reckon on them being at 25/1- that looks a good price for a cheeky each way flutter as if you have the best WR in the NFL you will always do well.

Its hard to look past the steelers in my opinion. Their defence is by far the best in the league. I'd love to see a team other than the favourites win it this year like Arizona nearly did last year.

Its hard to look past the steelers in my opinion. Their defence is by far the best in the league. I'd love to see a team other than the favourites win it this year like Arizona nearly did last year.

I agree with that. Will struggle to see past the Steelers. Great defense, and Big Ben keeps getting better. If they can start protecting him, imagine how much better they would be!

Looking at the odds, Giants seem a little short for me. No Burress this season, and no one really knows how that will affect us.

Dallas at 14/1....wtf?!?!....I would be very surprised if that circus did anything. Chargers at 12/1 looks good, providing Merriman comes back as the beast he was pre-injury. Carolina @ 16/1 looks good. And Da Bears at 20/1...if cannon arm Cutler does the business, they will be a force in the NFC.

**edit**

Just seen this on ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4362252

Really sad news. As a Giant fan, its safe to say I am not the Eagles biggest fan, but Johnson had that defense doing the business. RIP.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Seattle Seahawks 50/1

??? :shock: Must be due to losing Mike "I have a Ring" Holmgren

Seahawk Nation!

:grin: I follow the bucs even went to a game in tampa bay last year wow what an atmosphere, i would love them to do well this year but our schedule for this season is hard. i will be putting money on the vikings for the cup.

:grin: I follow the bucs even went to a game in tampa bay last year wow what an atmosphere, i would love them to do well this year but our schedule for this season is hard. i will be putting money on the vikings for the cup.

Really? Do you not think they will be too weak at QB? After they way they chased Favre this summer, I think even they reckon they will be too weak at QB.

Really? Do you not think they will be too weak at QB? After they way they chased Favre this summer, I think even they reckon they will be too weak at QB.

Not to pick teams up there, but Giants and Pats will be there in my mind.

Surprise(ish) package will be the Falcons.

Cardinals will win through to the playoffs with a nigh on negative record.

Possibly.

Watching the Saints at Wembley last year was wicked. Brees and Vilma were outstanding.

Brees amazing??? did you go to the same game as me? the guy was so inconsistent one minute throwing long passes next minute panic mode and giving up safetys

i think the chargers might just do it this year all really depends on big phil and his sledging tatics :)

And the Eagles have signed Mike Vick. Scum.

I'm sorry but you're surprised. Mike Vick was perhaps the best QB in the league- certainly the highest paid when he got sent down. Now that he's out (when is he due out BTW I thought he'd have over 6 months still to do- provided he's get out as early as he could) someone was always going to offer him a deal (I'd expect not as good a deal as the one he got from the Falcons before he got sent down- and with some pretty major get out/behaviour clauses). It was like us with Lee Hughes, someone was always going to give him a deal. I can't see you complaining if your team signs Burress when he comes out of the nick having almost shot his foot off.

I'm sorry but you're surprised. Mike Vick was perhaps the best QB in the league- certainly the highest paid when he got sent down. Now that he's out (when is he due out BTW I thought he'd have over 6 months still to do- provided he's get out as early as he could) someone was always going to offer him a deal (I'd expect not as good a deal as the one he got from the Falcons before he got sent down- and with some pretty major get out/behaviour clauses). It was like us with Lee Hughes, someone was always going to give him a deal. I can't see you complaining if your team signs Burress when he comes out of the nick having almost shot his foot off.

My team won't sign Burress though....we have already fired him off. And you can't compare what Burress did to what Vick did. The two are unbelievably different.

Mike Vick forced dogs to fight, and killed the ones that weren't very good. The fact that he scum is not even up for debate.