NFL 2009

Some good news after a horrendous start to the weekend.

Sky have signed a three-year deal.

http://www.nfluk.com/news/sky-sports-to-sh...ive_040909.html

I think it means 6pm and 9pm on Sky with the late game on Five and Monday Night on ESPN although I may be wrong..

No red button though.

Bad news this ... Poor compared to previous seasons.... No red button, no Monday night football... Channel 5 are wank as well....

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news this ... Poor compared to previous seasons.... No red button, no Monday night football... Channel 5 are wank as well....

C5 have Mike "eyebrows" Carlson....how very dare you!

To be honest, I'm getting gamepass this year, and the only games that got blacked out were the main games on Sky last year so I don't think I will be any worse off. But yeah, it's not good for everyone else.

To be honest, I'm getting gamepass this year, and the only games that got blacked out were the main games on Sky last year so I don't think I will be any worse off. But yeah, it's not good for everyone else.

Mike "eyebrows" Carlson - if Carlsberg made sports pundits. He's one of the few people that has taken a very complicated sport and been able to explain it to people who've never watched before- see every year he does the superbowl (which he normally does for the Beeb). Given that Nick Halling (sky's main pundit) is now a football commentator for the Beeb (he normally does the football legaue show highlighty bits)- I'm not surprised Sky's coverage isn't as good.

Mike "eyebrows" Carlson - if Carlsberg made sports pundits. He's one of the few people that has taken a very complicated sport and been able to explain it to people who've never watched before- see every year he does the superbowl (which he normally does for the Beeb). Given that Nick Halling (sky's main pundit) is now a football commentator for the Beeb (he normally does the football legaue show highlighty bits)- I'm not surprised Sky's coverage isn't as good.

Nick Halling will be on Sky aswell. Usually with voiceover stuff like that (BBC goals roundup) they will get freelance people to do it...as NFL season is only 4/5 months long, he has to pay the bills somehow!

I only got to watch about 3 Giant games last season on gamepass because of the blackouts. Gamepass is good if you follow one of the smaller teams.

Looking at Sky listings I will be using gamepass much more this year.

I only got to watch about 3 Giant games last season on gamepass because of the blackouts. Gamepass is good if you follow one of the smaller teams.

Looking at Sky listings I will be using gamepass much more this year.

I reckon we will be on TV around 6 times this time. I'm getting the all access pass, I watch that much of it it will be handy to have the ability to watch any game.

Taken from NFLUK site...

Here is a clear picture of everywhere you can watch / follow NFL this season:

Sky Sports:

- 6pm / 9pm games every Sunday

- Thursday Night opener – Thursday September 10th

- NFL International Series game from Wembley exclusively live

- Thursday / Friday / Saturday Night games – Weeks 10-17

- Thanksgiving Day tripleheader – Week 12 – Thursday November 26th

- All postseason games live

- Pro Bowl

- Super Bowl XLIV

- NFL Network coverage including NFL Total Access five times per week

Five:

- Sunday Night Football live every Sunday

- Magazine show every Saturday morning at 10:30am hosted by Trevor Nelson and Natalie Pinkham

BBC:

- Super Bowl XLIV live

- Highlights of NFL International Series game

BBC Radio 5 Live Extra:

- Live games every Sunday at 9pm

- Live games every week of the Playoffs

- Super Bowl XLIV live

NFL Game Pass (https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secur..._GP_UK_309x148)

- All games available to watch live except 6pm / 9pm games on Sky Sports

- Full archive of every game played during the season

- Live NFL Network feed

Just watched the Broncos win a the Bengals. 7-6 down with 11 seconds left Orton throws a bad pass intended for Marshall the CB tips the ball and it falls to Stokely who runs it home for a 87 TD. Unbelievable!!

Major stroke of luck for Orton who took a bad sack instead of throwing the ball away and put us out of FG range which would of seen the game out.

Anyone else have probs with game pass crashing?

I watched the game on a feed from game centre and with 38 seconds left it cut out completely. luckily there was another feed with it on and that was fine not sure where that came from though.