Boring Boring Football!

rickoldham27

Boring Boring Football!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. After watching the interview of Steven Gerrard shortly after the PSV Eindhoven game I was suddenly overcome with a sense of my sole ebbing away at the sheer dullness of his answer and indeed of footballers today. Their monotone voice coupled with a reluctance to answer a question with any actual truth belies a culture of robotic clones, ahem, I mean players. I'm crying out for a character to breath some life into the sport. Instead of the usual "they played well but we kept doing what we were doing and it payed off zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" why can't somone say "What a piece of piss. They were crap and we were great"! What a revelation that would be. Anyone agree?

• Yes!! It needs livening up.
    • No!! The game is exciting enough.

I recently went to a sportsmans dinner in Chester at which Matt Le Tissier was doing a speech. He had some cracking anecdotes about managers, fellow players, referees and so on. In particular was a story about a referee who, on a particularly cold day in the dying seconds of a Southampton FA Cup match muttered to Le Tissier to do something so they didn't have to suffer the cold for extra time as well. On hearing this, Le Tissier (footballs lasiest ever player) got the ball into the opposition area and blatantly dived going down like a sack of spuds. The referee happily gave the penalty and the match ended thereafter. Brilliant! Footballers do have a soul and a sense of humour. It just goes to show ay!? :OASISscarf:

It's not just the footballers, some of the managers sound as though they could do with a kick up the ass as well! Why, when interviewed , do they never look at the camera or the interviewer, they're always looking off into the distance. Probably their mates taking the p**s off camera. :grin:

I support your post but I think it can only be made more exciting within moderation. However on the odd occasion we do hear Keegans roar or Atkinson's bite! IT's rather exciting!

If we had to put up with that after everygame from every other manager, it wouldn't be as excting as hoped!

I'm with you here Rick Gerrard last night was just DULL!! Don't really know what the point of speaking to him is, surely the TV would be better speaking to some of the fans straight after the game, now THAT would be more entertaining B)

I agree with lady latics. Most Latics players are succint and very punctual but not at all boring. Earlier in the season Andy Liddell was asked if he ever got bored or lacked passion when playing footie. His answer summed it up. It went something like this: "I get to paid to play football. How good can life be!?" Ha ha ha.