What's are you drinking at the moment?

rudemedic

We've had a what are you listening too thread, (which is quite popular), a what are you watching thread, (not as popular) now I'm wondering if a what are you drinking at the moment thread will work.

Since I'm stupid/bored enough to start I will start by saying I'm currently enjoying a strawberry based beer called Timmerman's and its quite enjoyable but is definately a summer beer.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A really awful hotel coffee maker excuse for coffee made with what looks like a tea bag and topped up with "Half and Half" If I ever find the inventor of this awful excuse for a milk substitute I will have strong words I can tell you.

Checking into hotels during the middle of weekdays?

By the hour perchance?

Checking into hotels during the middle of weekdays?

By the hour perchance?

I don't think this place charges by the hour:

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHIC...linois/index.do

Rather than ladies of lapsed morals I am with about 2000 geeks, if I was a lady of the night I could make a killing here:

http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2009/

I don't think this place charges by the hour:

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHIC...linois/index.do

Rather than ladies of lapsed morals I am with about 2000 geeks, if I was a lady of the night I could make a killing here:

http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2009/

Well T, you shouldn't be a cheapskate staying at the wrong end of town, Hilton or not. :wink:

Stayed here last year and the suite had a Lavazza coffee maker, which made bloody lovely coffee! :tongue1:

NORTH Michigan Ave

Edited by danoafc

It is a Lavazza coffee maker, I think it is the half & half that makes it taste bad, what I would do for some real milk...

The summit is at the hotel so had to stay here really, would have been a right buttmunch to be anywhere else.

Edited by beag_teeets

It is a Lavazza coffee maker, I think it is the half & half that makes it taste bad, what I would do for some real milk...

The summit is at the hotel so had to stay here really, would have been a right buttmunch to be anywhere else.

If it's Lavazza, drink it black!!

We stayed on South Michigan Ave the first time, right opposite the Buckingham Fountain. Problem was, cos it's the business district, there was knacker all there after 5pm. Everything closed. N. Michigan Ave by comparison was fabulous. Chicago is one of my favourite cities.

Well T, you shouldn't be a cheapskate staying at the wrong end of town, Hilton or not. :wink:

Stayed here last year and the suite had a Lavazza coffee maker, which made bloody lovely coffee! :tongue1:

NORTH Michigan Ave

Woah, hang on its on South Michigan avenue not exactly the bad end of town and its a lot more luxurious than the place I stayed in when I was in Chicago (which is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in).

To bet on to topic I'm currently drinking Coke.

We've had a what are you listening too thread, (which is quite popular), a what are you watching thread, (not as popular) now I'm wondering if a what are you drinking at the moment thread will work.

Since I'm stupid/bored enough to start I will start by saying I'm currently enjoying a strawberry based beer called Timmerman's and its quite enjoyable but is definately a summer beer.

Carling at the mo,but the reason for my reply is that i have just sampled the best piccalilli in the world.

'Traditional style chunky piccalilli', availiable from Lords butchers in Midd.......

Will you get the opportunity to visit one of Chicago's many Blues Clubs? If the House of Blues is as good as the one in New Orleans, it'll be worth a visit.

http://www.centerstagechicago.com/music/cl...e-of-blues.html

a.k.a. Bottle of Tempranillo?

I'm back on the Foxwhelp Cider, but I'm saving myself for the beer (& cider) festival on Saturday (The Hartlepool game is awesomely placed for that. I think they did it for that rather than some England friendly).

Scarily, I am having a glass of Tempranillo. To wash a curry down. My digestive tract has been extremely eased ever since Friday night, I am backing it to the hilt now. Pray for me brothers.

Scarily, I am having a glass of Tempranillo. To wash a curry down. My digestive tract has been extremely eased ever since Friday night, I am backing it to the hilt now. Pray for me brothers.

Raising a glass of Lagioisa Merlot a 2008 Italian on offer £3.99 a bottle at Sainsburys, and very nice too.

Cheers

Woah, hang on its on South Michigan avenue not exactly the bad end of town and its a lot more luxurious than the place I stayed in when I was in Chicago (which is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in).

To bet on to topic I'm currently drinking Coke.

Never said it was the bad end of town Rude, just the wrong end :wink: