What's are you drinking at the moment?

rudemedic

:queerim9:

There we go.

You seem to have a little obsession with the queer-eye at the moment Rummy... I'm getting worried...

Anyway... I've started drinking Cider. I just cant stop. I find myself going to the bar, looking at all the tasty beer, and then before I know it i'm walking away with a pint of blackthorn, or a lovely can of Natch.

Bloody Bristol. Its the beginning of the end.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more interested in what RoyleArmy's drinking... :blink:

Prisoner 'drunk on swine flu gel'

The gels were being drunk "within hours of being available"

A Dorset prison has removed anti-bacterial hand gel pumps, which contain alcohol, after an inmate reportedly got drunk on them.

The gel was made available on Monday at HMP The Verne in Portland to help combat the spread of swine flu.

But the Prison Officers Association (POA) said within hours there had been an incident with an intoxicated inmate.

The Prison Service said the pumps were removed as a "precautionary measure" and an investigation was under way.

It is believed the gel was mixed with a drink before it was consumed.

In March, Royal Bournemouth Hospital said it was one of many hospitals removing alcohol-based hand cleaning gel from reception areas in a bid to stop visitors drinking it.

You don't want drunk prisoners running around the prison

Andy Fear, POA

Andy Fear, from the POA at The Verne, said: "We were informed of an incident within hours of the gel being available.

"In one of the wings it is believed an inmate was using it inappropriately.

"When you get something called alcohol gel you can see what is going to happen.

"We had concerns when we heard these were being given to inmates.

"You don't want drunk prisoners running around the prison."

A Prison Service spokesman added: "On 21 September a prisoner at HMP The Verne showed signs of intoxication, the cause of which will be investigated.

"Anti-bacterial gel pumps have been removed from the prison as a precautionary measure."

The BBC understands reports that there was a fight between inmates during the incident are incorrect.

As hinted at in the article quoted in Lees' post quite a few A+Es have banned the alcohol gel because people have been drinking it. I'm not sure of the % involved but its going to be fairly high but a lot probably won't be ethanol (the alcohol we drink). Its not the worst thing you hear of people drinking when they are drunk/addicted to drink but it is close.

As hinted at in the article quoted in Lees' post quite a few A+Es have banned the alcohol gel because people have been drinking it. I'm not sure of the % involved but its going to be fairly high but a lot probably won't be ethanol (the alcohol we drink). Its not the worst thing you hear of people drinking when they are drunk/addicted to drink but it is close.

Ah, this is like Alice Springs when they banned the Internet and alcohol to stop the Aboriginees getting mullered and having it away with their kids.

So....

Mouthwash sales went through the roof (some shops showing 500% increases in sales).

That's pretty close...

:lol:

A dinnertime in Durham's 'Head of Steam' pub, has whetted my palate. After a Stowford Press, a normal(ish) Westons and a Westons Scrumpy - I've got my cider head on early doors.

This is all very well now, but the last two times this has been the csase I have bought the whole series' of 'The Wire' and 'The professionals'.

Still cheaper than (a) the trip to Perpignan or (B) the TV; I have bought on previous mullered occasions.

Went on a stag weekend the other week to Edinburgh. Normally i'm either a guinness or lager drinker (and not that stella :censored:e), or if its that tyoe of doo, brandy and coke or jaegermeisters...... but anyway. Couldnt pick a drink, didnt seem to be able to settle on anything, it just 'wasnt going down' as they say. Now, as a rule i wont touch cider, its just not my thing, but..... i tried a mixed fruit or summer berries or some other puffy named flavour of Copperberg, and that DID go down. I got bladdered off Ribena basically! Good :censored:!