Saturday Morning at the Pictures

Guest oa exile

Didn't go to that one, but did go to the Saturday Club at the Bury Odeon.......

Now a poxy night-club full of underrage drinkers on E......

10p to get in

20p for a carton of Kiora with a moulded plastic top which used to bend yer straw when you tried to stick it on

Flash Gordon and plastic rockets on clearly-visible strings

Dodgy British films from the Children's Film Foundation

A few crap cartoons

Used to treat misself every now and then to a Cornetto, when they used to be so big you needed 2 hands to hold em, rather than 2 fingers like today

Edited by tactically_naive

Surely that's just that you've grown since then?

Nah, they've deffo got smaller, along with Wagon Wheels which used to be big enough to use on an actual wagon, and Curly Wurlies that were so big you could use them as ladders.

You'll be telling me Mars Bars are as big as they used to be!!!

Nah, they've deffo got smaller, along with Wagon Wheels which used to be big enough to use on an actual wagon, and Curly Wurlies that were so big you could use them as ladders.

Same with Creme Eggs methinks!

Absolutely! Don't get me started on crisps! Crisps used to be a meal in their own right....now? 24g of crisps in a packet! Not even enuff to make a decent crisp butty!!!

Nope, 4 crisps does not a packet make! :mad:

Didn't go to that one, but did go to the Saturday Club at the Bury Odeon.......

Now a poxy night-club full of underrage drinkers on E......

20p for a carton of Kiora with a moulded plastic top which used to bend yer straw when you tried to stick it on

I'd totally forgotten those cartons. Took you half an hour trying to stab the straw through because you looked cooler drinking it that way, then in the end you pulled the the top off anyway and drank it with sticky gunge over your fingers. And it tasted foul.

I'd totally forgotten those cartons. Took you half an hour trying to stab the straw through because you looked cooler drinking it that way, then in the end you pulled the the top off anyway and drank it with sticky gunge over your fingers. And it tasted foul.

Aye, square top with a moulded funnel type thing for yer straw. Needed a hammer drill to get through it!!

You sure it were Kiora?? Surely it was simply chemical waste that was orange in colour with half a bag of sugar mixed into it, a by product and lucrative sideline for the CarcinogensRus plant in Trafford Park?

Oh and yes to the waggon wheel/curlywurly/crisps/mars bar/creme egg shrinkage theories, but the real shame for me, and quite frankly I think it needs its own discussion was when they stopped putting the cardboard trays in Bounty bars.

F'k me that confused me Exile :lol:

Edited by StipeTripe

,its not the curly wurlies that have gone smaller ,its your mouth that has got bigger (and i am not being rude about you) our mouths etc get bigger when we get older .

lol :grin: , just keepin ya on ya toes :wink:

Can you keep me suppliers on thems toes too?

Just about to set off for an order that was positivly definetly avaiable for collection today, only it isn't ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Be Tuesday now ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Think I'll make an eary start on the Easter break :)

Guest oa_exile
ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have a strange vision of you Stipey :blink:

:grin:

Guest oa_exile
Can you keep me suppliers on thems toes too?

Just about to set off for an order that was positivly definetly avaiable for collection today, only it isn't ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:idea: How about a penalty clause for late delivery ? :deal2::argue::sign0068::banned: .......:dance: Mr Stipe :dance:

:idea: How about a penalty clause for late delivery ? :deal2::argue::sign0068::banned: .......:dance: Mr Stipe :dance:

Its not actually technically late, they said 7/10 working days, which would be next Friday at the latest, it just they got my hopes up by saying it was on a delivery they were due this morning, but for this morning now read Tuesday. :(