NHL 2009/10 Season

Devs beat the Rangers 3-2 in pre-season last night, but remain without Lanahanahaagnaganbrunnnnner and Elias.

Marty hasn't iced much either, there might be more to that, not sure he'll be the ever-present he has been over recent year, last year obviously excluded.

How's pre season going elsewhere kids? Much movement? Devs have not really done anything.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few changes here and there...the forward line has stayed essentially the same bar a couple of lower line changes...Rupp etc. The problem will be defense, Gill and Scuderi both going is a kick in the balls...time for Goligoski to step up this season and show what he's made of.

Came back from 3-0 down on Tuesday night at the end of the second to beat Columbus 5-4 in OT, so looks like that fighting spirit is still there. Fingers crossed, but it's always hard for the Champions the season after winning the Cup, so we'll see.

May be in Toronto at the end of April so am hoping they make the playoffs so I can try and get to a game. Not holding out much hope on that happening though!

They did real well last night didn't they mate?! :wink:

:blink:

A 4-3 win over the Cayotes? (by the ressies!)

(I assume you are referring to the loss to the Cannucks!)

Anyway.... shadaap.... its sodding preseason..... the ducks didnt even start playing until 10 games before the playoffs last season, never mind in the warm-ups!

May be in Toronto at the end of April so am hoping they make the playoffs so I can try and get to a game. Not holding out much hope on that happening though!

It'll cost you less than $50 on the Greyhound (and about 12 hours!) to get to NYC to catch a Rangers/Devs/Islanders(-ha!) game if Toronto don't make it mate.

Can-US flights are pretty expensive though, so you have to be willing to give up a chunk of time or money. You could also go Toronto-Montreal/Ottawa(-ha! again) for a similar/cheaper price and less time should they make it.

Email me if you want any tips - spent about a week in the area and a month in Canada whilst away, good times.

Blair Scott's playing in the NHL?!

On old Manchester ice hockey front, have you seen who's leading the Phoenix's attack this year? Only Ed bloody Courtenay...

Yeah.

Scored 4 in his first game having never trained with the team and had only flown in 10 hours before face off.

Lost to MK t'other night - first defeat of the season. Could be a decent side this year. I'm sure me and Dave will get down to a game or two as things progress.

Blair Scott's playing in the NHL?!

On old Manchester ice hockey front, have you seen who's leading the Phoenix's attack this year? Only Ed bloody Courtenay...

Bloody hell... really? I thought he was the coach of Belfast last season... bit of a step down? or is it only temporary..?

I still remember all the steelers fans fawping themselves off over him...

Incidentally... was just googling his stats at the steelers, and came accross this... Steelers Hall of Fame - thats not a bad cross-team manchester forward line at the bottom!

Flames went 5 (five) up after 11 (eleven) minutes last night in Chicago, only for the 'Hawks to come back and win it in OT. Joint biggest comeback in NHL history. Amazing.

Insane wasn't it!?!

Devs have just gone 3 from 3 on the first road trip of the season playing some old fashioned Devs hockey.

Boring-Boring-Devils anyone? If it brings a cup I don't give two hoots!

Like Dave says though, takes 60 games to see any sort of shape, then as people start jostling for position and to make the post season it gets exciting again.

Like Dave says though, takes 60 games to see any sort of shape, then as people start jostling for position and to make the post season it gets exciting again.

A typical Ducks start to the season... 2-1-2... equally pathetic losses, matched with equally as superb wins (6-1... in boston!!! 6-1)... but as has been said, nothing really matters yet... and the ducks dont even start playing until 70 games!

.. gonna be even more interesting this year because of the Olympics... always leads to many players getting really screwed at the end of the season. (and I'd assume a massively more intense schedule because of it?) Should be interesting for the cannucks too... apparently they dont play at home for three months!!!

Tbh... in Olympic year the NHL takes a distant second place for me!!! (Not that finland really have a shot at winning it....)

EDIT: just seen the Olympic groupings - are they mental!!!

Group A

Canada

United States

Switzerland

Norway

Group B

Russia

Czech Republic

Slovakia

Latvia

Group C

Sweden

Finland

Belarus

Germany

Well... it will certainly make good TV! They are making sure they get the big games in the groups at least then!!!

Edited by BigfinLatic