NHL 2009/10 Season

Wasn't aware of that, OK clearly I was worse than I thought I'd been. In fairness, I'd missed Roger Palmer and I was drowning my sorrows. Plus I must say I am a very sleepy person anyway :unsure:

Well cheers for putting up with me then :wink:

All good fun mate... we got turned away from Venue because Alan was "pissed" despite the fact that, lets be honest, he was far more sober than any of us could hope for.

Reality? He's 6'4" and could bench-press a car and it scared the bejesus out of the bouncer who was smaller than me! :lol:

I then remember being in 42s but not leaving. Just woke up, fully clothed, in bed at about 6am!

Good Times! :D

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good fun mate... we got turned away from Venue because Alan was "pissed" despite the fact that, lets be honest, he was far more sober than any of us could hope for.

Reality? He's 6'4" and could bench-press a car and it scared the bejesus out of the bouncer who was smaller than me! :lol:

I then remember being in 42s but not leaving. Just woke up, fully clothed, in bed at about 6am!

Good Times! :D

I'm glad I caused you all so much amusement! :lol: Those bouncers were funny, sort of mumbled that at me and looked away, then I just laughed and folded my arms... "No use standing like that mate" - standing like what! :lol: Ah well... idiots. As i say, if they would just say "mate, your a big lad and we dont quite fancy it tonight" I'd actually respect that more!

I rang you when you were on your way home... you sounded, errr, rather distant. As for Josh, Yes, you were asleep sat down in sinclairs, and then stood with your eyes closed in 42's... then just vanished. I was expecting to find you curled up asleep in the toilets or summat...

All good fun.

As for hockey... I'm going to say it... that East final is pathetic. The proper final is already taking place in the West. I hope the Habs get through, just for pure entertainment.

I rang you when you were on your way home... you sounded, errr, rather distant. As for Josh, Yes, you were asleep sat down in sinclairs, and then stood with your eyes closed in 42's... then just vanished. I was expecting to find you curled up asleep in the toilets or summat...

I don't even have an "oh yeah, now I remember" memory of that call!! Not a hint of it.

My battery was dead when I got home. I remember that much.

NHLwise... last night! Philly were dead and buried... what the hell is wrong with Boston to let that go - at home!!

Bloody Bruins. The Flyers can't win this, they just can't. Nice stat but that's only the fourth team in American professional sport history to come back from a three goal deficit: the '42 Leafs, the '75 Islanders and the '94(?) Red Sox.

Oh well, at least it sounds like I avoided being dumped on my back in the pub this time. Come to think about it, maybe those bouncers had a point after all :wink:

Bloody Bruins. The Flyers can't win this, they just can't. Nice stat but that's only the fourth team in American professional sport history to come back from a three goal deficit: the '42 Leafs, the '75 Islanders and the '94(?) Red Sox.

Oh well, at least it sounds like I avoided being dumped on my back in the pub this time. Come to think about it, maybe those bouncers had a point after all :wink:

Oh, and beating the Hawks 3-0 is an outstanding result. They had a bit of a slow start despite being my tip for the Cup, but are really coming good. Maybe Mr 'I'm Leaving To Win The Stanley Cup' has got it right this time...

Game one of the finals was an absolute humdinger!! 6-5 to the Hawks in regulation. Lead went back and forth, some amazing saves too.

A wonderful advert for Hockey in the US.

The recent apparent death of my laptop has stopped me from being able to watch the Finals. Pro: don't have to see Hossa win the Cup. Con: don't get to see the Flyers lose the Cup. :wink:

Well done Marion, may not like the way he's gone about it but three consecutive finals with different clubs warrants at least one victory.

nhl_g_hossacup_400.jpg

Worthy champions in the end.

Fingers crossed for a better campaign for our sides next year.

Indeed, the Hawks have been impressively strong throughout the year and were worthy winners in the end.

Shame that it was such an anti-climax for all those involved from here (especially the Fin :lol: ) and here's to a much better year next year... not that I see it for the Devs. :(

How weird was the winning goal?

I still lose the puck all the time when watching, so it was blatently obvious to my untrained eye as I end up watching players' reactions alot.

Anyone with an inkling of where to look would have been stuffed for about ten seconds though.

NB. This is still no reason to be cutting into my Cardinals game though.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Like the commentator? And the ref?

Yeah it was pretty clear from the reaction it had gone in, commentator didn't even say he'd scored until Kane was back down in his own zone with his equipment already thrown on the ice.

I thought it was perfect, the look on the Flyers players and fans' face as they realised what had happened, it was like slow motion. No instant moment of defeat but a gradual realisation the dream was over. Such a shame :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
This seems a good way to end the 2010 NHL thread - welcome to the world BabyBigFin!!

Congratulations man! LoveLove!!

Cheers buddy! Couldnt be prouder! I tried to call her Evie Selanne Gregan Allison, but the Mrs was having none of it! :wink: Ill get her skating within the next couple of years - Finnish Olympic team here she comes!

Incidentally, I know irrelevant for a couple of years, but the Ducks pulled off the steals of the century in the draft - two top ten ranked skaters dropped on thier lap in the first round, thank you very much....

Anyway, back to being a dad and all that...!