• Sean Gregan
    • Keigan Parker
    • Chris Taylor
    • Joe Colbeck
    • Alan Sheehan
    • Kieran Lee
    • Ryan Brooke

Guest sheridans_world

Whitaker gets it all the way for me, he had his first good 90 minutes in a long time. Parker did nothing but score (but I guess thats what we want him to do!) and a special mention for Brill.

Penney has done a good job with him, he made 3 or 4 very good saves and he looked like he had confidence.

Whitaker gets it all the way for me, he had his first good 90 minutes in a long time. Parker did nothing but score (but I guess thats what we want him to do!) and a special mention for Brill.

Penney has done a good job with him, he made 3 or 4 very good saves and he looked like he had confidence.

Dean brill or Sheean for me but i have gone for brill looks a diffrent keeper from 2 weeks ago great save early on that we pushed on from if that had gone in heads down could have been diffrent

Probably Sheean for me OK in defence and two assists for the goals. The odd dangerous corner as well.

Abbot was good. Parker put a lot of effort in adn deserved a goal really. Furman worked hard in the middle and played some decent passes. Didnt think Whittaker did much bar 1 good long range shot 2nd half

Brill did his job today - was pleased with the reception the RRE gave him too. Saving a point blank one on one is exactly what a keeper lacking in confidence needs.

Lomax impressed me. Thought he looked more accomplished than last season. Sheehan was excellent getting forward - on that performance it's a loan worth extending.

Hazell - sorry Rubes but you were shaky as hell. Gregan didn't exactly star either, giving the ball away for too often. We may have had a clean sheet but they should have scored at least 2.

Taylor played well, but what was he doing on the pitch after 80 minutes? A serious goal threat though. Colbeck worked hard too, without looking special.

Great to see the front two scoring. I like Parker when he works and chases and uses his skill. He's a genuine threat. Abbott getting off the mark at BP will hopefully be the start of a 20+ season - I thought he did less today than the other 3 home games!

MOM? I was pondering Danny Whitaker. He got forward well, created trouble for the Carlisle defence and battled hard in the middle. But he was only able to get forward as often because, after a quiet start, Dean Furman started pulling the strings in the midfield. And he kept breaking up the play and helped us to keep possesion more than we have in other games. So I've gone for Furman - not a spectacular display, but exactly the kind of work that a Latics midfield has been missing for the last couple of seasons.

A decent result with more width going forwards than we've had in the previous home games. But we got away with mistakes at the back today. There are massive issues there that still need to be sorted.

Parker did nothing but score (but I guess thats what we want him to do!)

Harsh. I thought he chased a lot of lost causes today and had their defence worried on many occasions.

Edited by opinions4u

Dean Brill Played well, and did all asked of him, especially a fine reaction save from Sheehan, he can't have expected that! Probably underworked to be MoM

Reuben Hazell Had his usual raft of Keystone cops moments, but generally ok in between

Danny Whitaker A good game from the ghost, solid in midfield and always a danger going forward

Pawel Abbott Pretty much all that was sent his way stuck, and was calm in defense too, playing out

Kelvin Lomax A fine performance from Kelvin. Apart from from an early mistake, hardly put a foot wrong. My Man of the Match

Dean Furman Hard working, and good passing, some neat touches

Sean Gregan A couple of errors but nothing catastrophic, won most of what came his way

Keigan Parker Worked hard closing down in the first half, but not really involved in out attacking play. Second half, more involved, deserved his goal, but tired, good move replacing him.

Chris Taylor Didn't really look to be at the races, was surprised he wasn't given a rest when Parker was, but some good dribbling runs

Joe Colbeck Worked hard, got involved but unspectacular

Alan Sheehan Would be my MoM but for his headed attempt to level the scores, but otherwise an excellent display.

Kieran Lee Some good touches, but not really on long enough to properly influence the game

Ryan Brooke Hardly got to touch the ball

Overall, thought it was a good display, though I think we could have really pressed home our adavantage; it seemed to me that Carlisle were ready to crumble.

Alan sheehan for me, thought he and taylor linked up well on the left and were a constant threat. Has great delivery in too. A special mention for brill, that early save was crucial, if we had gone behind early heads could have dropped and the crowd could have turned.

Sheean for me OK in defence and two assists for the goals. The odd dangerous corner as well.

Agreed re Sheehan.

I thought Gregan's distribution of the ball was much better today. Much less of the hoofball and, particularly in the first half, he was bringing the ball under control and feeding the midfielders. Still a few hairy moments in defence but we got away with 'em and confidence has been restored.

Went for Abbott, thought he worked his arse off today, involved in every chance we created and made a fair few vital tackles at the other end of the pitch. Taylor never stopped trying even thought he was clearly struggling in the last 20 minutes,hopefully today'll be a turning point for Brill, and i take back what i said after the Hartlepool game about Sheehan being a useless bag of sh*te.

Sheehan for me too. Thought he did well all round today, some good runs and a fair few dangerous balls in. Was also impressed with Pav, Furman, Whitaker and Lomax though, and lastly, another special mention to Brill, he did well today considering some of the stick he's put up with, I just hope we can build on today's result!

We seriously do watch a different game!

Sheehan...without a shadow...

Whits for me is behind the following...

Sheehan

Abbott

Brill

Parker

Lomax

Gregan....and...

Furman

Really cannot understand that choice S_W....only opinions eh tho!

Dean Brill - 8 - Solid game. Probably saved us from defeat as had we gone 1 down in our fragile state it probably would've been curtains

Reuben Hazell - 7 - 2 very jittery 1st half moments but settled and did enough

Danny Whitaker - 6 - Decent enough, kept us ticking over but looked more threatening through flanks than through using Whits

Pawel Abbott - 8 - Excellent game...held it up superbly...held every man off him...pain in the arse and netted

Kelvin Lomax - 7 - I'm a big fan of Lomax...most underrated player at club. Doesn't mean I think he's a world beater but he's solid and that's exactly what we've missed

Dean Furman - 7 - Good enough...looked to play it forward fast every time...does overcook the pass at times though

Sean Gregan - 7 - Usual stuff. But more solid today and found more blue shirts. Improved.

Keigan Parker - 7 - Ran for everything...got a goal...pushed them back with his attacking...industrious

Chris Taylor - 6 - Quiet in 1st half...looked eager but couldn't influence...better in 2nd and linked nicely with Sheehan

Joe Colbeck - 6 - Wanted to get forward at every chance...also willing to muck in in defence when required

Alan Sheehan - 9 - Outstanding...everything I want in a LB. Can defend, stopped them nicking one back in 2nd half and got a whack in the mouth for it. Set up 2...the 1st was excellent...thought he'd shoot but he saw the little slide pass. Only negative was the header which Brill saved his blushes on.

Kieran Lee & Ryan Brooke - Little chance to do much

Edited by boundaryblue80

Dean Brill - 8 - Solid game. Probably saved us from defeat as had we gone 1 down in our fragile state it probably would've been curtains

Reuben Hazell - 7 - 2 very jittery 1st half moments but settled and did enough

Danny Whitaker - 6 - Decent enough, kept us ticking over but looked more threatening through flanks than through using Whits

Pawel Abbott - 8 - Excellent game...held it up superbly...held every man off him...pain in the arse and netted

Kelvin Lomax - 7 - I'm a big fan of Lomax...most underrated player at club. Doesn't mean I think he's a world beater but he's solid and that's exactly what we've missed

Dean Furman - 7 - Good enough...looked to play it forward fast every time...does overcook the pass at times though

Sean Gregan - 7 - Usual stuff. But more solid today and found more blue shirts. Improved.

Keigan Parker - 7 - Ran for everything...got a goal...pushed them back with his attacking...industrious

Chris Taylor - 6 - Quiet in 1st half...looked eager but couldn't influence...better in 2nd and linked nicely with Sheehan

Joe Colbeck - 6 - Wanted to get forward at every chance...also willing to muck in in defence when required

Alan Sheehan - 9 - Outstanding...everything I want in a LB. Can defend, stopped them nicking one back in 2nd half and got a whack in the mouth for it. Set up 2...the 1st was excellent...thought he'd shoot but he saw the little slide pass. Only negative was the header which Brill saved his blushes on.

Kieran Lee & Ryan Brooke - Little chance to do much

Sheehan was easily MOTM - the best pwerformance by any Latics player this season.

Dean Brill - 8, Absolutely much improved since Hartlepool

Rueben - 6, Shakey again. Improvement Needed!

Gregan - 7, Fairly solid again, little mistakes but nothing bad.

Sheehan - 9, Brilliant game going forward. 2 assists says it all really. Good Defending - Want to see his loan extended.

Lomax - 7, Has much improved since i last saw him ('Udders away last season.) Maybe play him over Holdsworth next match.

Furman 7, Again worked really hard and definatly start next match.

Whits - 6, Didnt see much of him, had one good shot in the second half though. Needs to start shooting more IMO.

Taylor - 7, Ran his bollocks of yesterday definatly the missing link in midfield when he's injured.

Colbeck - 6, Few good chances seems to be a good player.

Abbott - 7, Good at holding up the ball and still working his bollocks off. Got a goal as well so thats what we ant to be seeing.

Parker - 7, Ran for nearly everything & finally got his goal maybe that will pick him up to play better.

Sheehan for me. Not much more to build on from what has been said, though his defending was so much better after the Hartlepool game, impressed with his positioning yesterday.

Fair play to Brill as well.

Yes agreed Brill if that had gone in first half would probably have lost.

We seriously do watch a different game!

Sheehan...without a shadow...

Whits for me is behind the following...

Sheehan

Abbott

Brill

Parker

Lomax

Gregan....and...

Furman

Really cannot understand that choice S_W....only opinions eh tho!

You are right there, its all about opinions. Think you are being harsh on Whits! I agree with S W he had a great game although not my MOTM. Abbott (my choice) was outstanding, his work rate is superb. Also Greegs was solid as a rock (probably wasted with most on here) - yes he makes the odd slip but seriously you young uns dont realise what its like when the legs cant get you there anymore, but his commitment is there for all to see.

Sheehan was tremendous aswell although almost headed the best own goal I think I would have ever seen but for Brill (tremendous performance, and I'm glad for the lad).

Best of all I think the lads played with more confidence and needed the win. Lets keep behind them and KTF! :mainstand:

I am not a fan of Whits at all but fair play to the lad he had a good game. Sheehan gets my vote for motm, but all in all it was a great team performance from all involved. No one played badly hopefully it can continue.

Ps. Think I have seen a few comments about Parker being lazy, he ran his socks off in this match and his genuine pace is certainly an asset.