City Robbed

It's about having the respect for your fellow man, I have no recollection of the event - it happened 19 years before I was born, yet despite my jealousy of United's success and my hatred for their plastic fans I understand there is a line that no self-respecting football fan should cross.

I have to be careful not to give Zorro amunition on the "sanctimonious" front. However, regular readers know I'm as much of an 'ABU' as anyone else and often express my views against ManUre and Taggart, and get up the noses of all the Reds on here. But when it comes to Munich I do not cross the line to which prozac refers. I remember the air crash and the weeks that followed as if they were last year. Had it not been for that tragedy, I'm convinced that England would have won the World Cup before 1966 and its detrimental effect on English football cannot be underestimated..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why has all this fuss started because I said Munich? Am I the first person to say Munich on here? It has been said many times before so why the sudden fuss?

I can't remember Munich being used as a stick with which to beat United fans on here, no. Maybe because the majority of us have the respect that prozac mentions.

Does 1984 relate to your birth? If you're 25 years old and honestly cannot see the problem then you're set for a real hard life.

:lol:

Only 24. But the word munich has been used on here many times before so dont understand the sudden problem.

would you refer to liverpool fans as "hillsboroughs"?

No, end of arguement.

plus, the time added on today was correct, City wasted time like nobodys business, they got what was coming to them. Plus, to be fair, United murdered them second half, or does that go against te grain to admit united might have possibly played well?

:lol:

would you refer to liverpool fans as "hillsboroughs"?

No, end of arguement.

plus, the time added on today was correct, City wasted time like nobodys business, they got what was coming to them. Plus, to be fair, United murdered them second half, or does that go against te grain to admit united might have possibly played well?

Given prevented a cricket score

I can't remember Munich being used as a stick with which to beat United fans on here, no. Maybe because the majority of us have the respect that prozac mentions.

Does 1984 relate to your birth? If you're 25 years old and honestly cannot see the problem then you're set for a real hard life.

if he wants to call em munichs he can i call em munichs aswell as do most other people i know !! im sure the people who call them munichs will deal with the consequences if needs be

What is the point in showing 4 minutes if you then add 7?

So if a player was injured and needed 5 minutes treatment you'd have blown the final whistle 4 minutes in to his treatment?

Here's the context (my timings may be slightly out by a few seconds):

- referee communcates to 4th official that there will be 4 minutes added time (which is a guide, not a guarantee)

- City score after 89.54 mins. The referee stops his watch.

- 4th official indicates added time

- Restart of game is at 91.10 mins.

- United make a substitution. The referee adds a further 30 seconds (as previous guidelines suggest he should).

- This now suggests that 1 minutes and 46 seconds over the original 4 minutes should now be played

- Owen scores at 95.30.

- The referee adds on more time to allow City to kick off (otherwise you're saying he should blow the final whistle 16 seconds in to United's celebration).

Edited by opinions4u

if he wants to call em munichs he can i call em munichs aswell as do most other people i know !! im sure the people who call them munichs will deal with the consequences if needs be

so how do you deal with the conseuqence of being a small pathetic person then? cos lets face it, would you call the people who died in 9/11 a "twin towerer"?

I mean, lets have it right, to take pleasure in an air disaster from 50+ years ago, you must have something missing in your own life?

:petesake::blind:

How? People die in a crush or people die in a crash.

What's the difference? Please, enlighten me.

Because people die in an incident related to a club Oldham have a "ruivalry" with 40 years later, that isnt really a rivalry, but more an excuse to throw abuse at local lazy people who can be arsed going to watched local live football.

Is that somewhere close?

Guest sheridans_world
fans of a club i have nothing against

players of a club i hate

Hate? HATE?

So you hate Paul Scholes right now but if he was a latics player next week you'd love him.

Get real.

So how do you feel about Osama Bin Laden?

so how do you deal with the conseuqence of being a small pathetic person then? cos lets face it, would you call the people who died in 9/11 a "twin towerer"?

I mean, lets have it right, to take pleasure in an air disaster from 50+ years ago, you must have something missing in your own life?

I don't really see where I am taking pleasure in someones death. I referred to them as munichs. As do hundreds of other people. And as have many others on here in the past. Suddenly there is an outcry

so you hate a club? isnt hate a bit strong really? i mean, ive got a kid, and i dont hate anybody or anything that isnt going to do him any harm, i find it hard to get wound up about anything else.

I think you need a girlfriend, or a hobby apart from football, honestly, its a big wide world outside of that 90 minutes we all waste every weekend...........

Hate? HATE?

So you hate Paul Scholes right now but if he was a latics player next week you'd love him.

Get real.

So how do you feel about Osama Bin Laden?

Oh shut up super fan. You take all the credit for startin a march and think your Latics' number one fan.

As for Paul Scholes couldn't care less. I doubt he'll ever come to latics, suggested he'll finish his career here for years but doubt he'll ever take the pay cut. Which I cant blame him for but why bother sayin it if he aint gonna do it?