Interview with an Opposition Fan

ste1987

Interview with an Opposition Fan

#10 - MK Dons

Welcome to this week’s edition of Interview with an Opposition Fan. Each week, myself and Razza699 scour for opposition fans to answer the questions we put toward them in the build up to the subsequent fixture.

This week, Paul Ince brings his MK Dons side up north to Boundary Park. Razza found some Dons supporters to answer our questions this week...

1. So after the departure of Di Matteo you have Ince back for his second spell? Did the fans welcome him back?

- Yes and No some fans like him some didn’t, doing ok so far though.

- Personally I wasn’t. I’m never a fan of a manager returning after his pastures new didn’t work out for him.

- Very happy with him returning, and couldn’t have been a better replacement for Roberto Di Matteo. Couldn’t blame him for leaving first time round to go to a Premier League club.

- It’s a mixed bag really. Some fans wish we kept Di Matteo and some would rather a fresh face. I’m personally happy he returned.

2. How was your transfer activity? Did you sign many players? If so how have they been?

- We did a good bit of business picking up Easter from Plymouth I always liked him at Wycombe I think it was, also Puncheon has impressed who also came on loan from Plymouth, although he is suspended now against you lot.

- Easter is the stand out for me.

- Easter was an excellent signing and has performed well recently, hitting the net 4 times so far this season.

- I’ve been impressed with Puncheon, However I think his recent sending off was harsh.

3. After just missing out on Promotion last year are you looking forward to having another go this year? Do you think you are stronger than you was?

- I think we will make play offs again , not too sure if we will get further with teams like Charlton and Leeds ahead of us , I reckon play off finals , not sure about being stronger.

- Think we are stronger I think we will be promoted this year.

- Last year we exceeded expectations. I’d be happy if we got a playoff spot this season.

- This year, League One is much stronger. As such, expectations should be much lower. A play-off place would be an achievable and satisfied aim.

4. Are there any teams in particular you are looking forward to playing or not playing??

- I didn’t want to play Leeds and I was proved right, also looking forward to Norwich.

- Not looking forward to Millwall.

- I’m looking forward to playing Charlton in the next few weeks.

- Southampton should be an excellent trip.

5. What has been your general style of play/tactics this year? Are you likely to change them for the trip to Boundary Park?

- Quick passing football , doubt we will change tactics for your place.

- I haven’t been to many games but It seems like he has them playing football again this year.

- Ince generally has us playing good attractive football. I’d expect this to remain.

- We generally like to keep it on the deck and play with some tempo. I’d expect Ince to employ similar tactics.

6. You currently lie 4th after the defeat to Leeds on Saturday are the fans happy with this? Also was it a fair result against Leeds or a cruel late goal?

- I’m happy with 4th so far , obviously we want to push on but if we was there in May I would take it , as for Leeds............ don’t ask.

- Not sure as I wasn’t there, but pleased with 4th place, will be making the trip to Boundary Park as I am based up North.

- A goal so late in the game is always a heartbreaker. However they did what was required to win the game what we didn’t. They scored.

- It was always going to happen that Leeds score towards the end. More importantly is how we will react against Oldham.

7. Who is MK’s key player/players? Who should the Oldham fans keep an eye on Tuesday ?

- Jermaine Easter and Gleeson. Easter probably won't play, but one to look out for over the season.

- Gleeson and Dean Lewington.

- Easter without a doubt, but I don't think he'll play. However, any team that wants to get promoted needs a striker who has the potential to score over 20 goals, and he certainly is that.

- Gleeson has been excellent in midfield, and will be pivotal to our fortunes.

8. Who do you think will win League One this season? Any outsiders or surprises?

- Leeds, Charlton, maybe us?

- Leeds.

- I think Charlton will win the league, with Huddersfield as outsiders, and Tranmere as a surprise package to go down.

- Leeds will walk the league this year. I’d place a bet on Colchester as outsiders to get promoted.

9. How do you think Oldham will do this season?

- Mid table.

- Playoffs.

- Mid-table I’m afraid lads.

- Mid-table for most of the season, with a late play-off push.

10 And finally, what score do you think the game will be on Tuesday?

- 3-0 to the Dons.

- 2-1.

- 1-1 draw.

- 2-0 to MK.

Many thanks to those MK Dons fans who took part this week. Seems like Jermaine Easter up front and Stephen Gleeson in midfield could pose Latics a significant threat. But can Oldham make it three wins on the bounce?..

is jermain Easter playing tonight he will cause us lot a lot of problem to oldham.

From MK site

With Jason Puncheon serving a three-match suspension, Sam Baldock on international duty until next week and Jermaine Easter a doubt through injury, Morgan's arrival will provide some much-needed depth to the Dons' attacking options.